Stadium Expansion

An engineering buddy of mine works for the company that installed the turf last time and said he hasn't heard anything from the AD about replacing it. So it won't be this summer.

I hope we get a new company to install the turf since we went a dismal 70-36 on this turf and it's obviously their fault

106 games have been played on this turf? I don't believe so. (45-12 I think is closer)

An engineering buddy of mine works for the company that installed the turf last time and said he hasn't heard anything from the AD about replacing it. So it won't be this summer.

I hope we get a new company to install the turf since we went a dismal 70-36 on this turf and it's obviously their fault

106 games have been played on this turf? I don't believe so. (45-12 I think is closer)

Yep. We've played 57 games on this turf, lost 12 of them.

Amazing that this stuff lasts for less than 75 games. With eight home games played this year, plus Spring Games, that'll be 73 total games from installation to removal.

You can add in your wear-and-tear from stuff like scrimmage, opponent walk-throughs, Fan Day, Band practice, etc... but still, that seems not-so-durable.

Amazing that this stuff lasts for less than 75 games. With eight home games played this year, plus Spring Games, that'll be 73 total games from installation to removal.

You can add in your wear-and-tear from stuff like scrimmage, opponent walk-throughs, Fan Day, Band practice, etc... but still, that seems not-so-durable.

Dont forget 6 high school games/year as well. That's another 48 games in this stretch.

it's shot alright.

I think being in the weather 24/7 has a bigger impact on the life than playing on it. I read an article at one time that said that field turf inside a dome lasts 2-5 years longer than if it was outside.

Yes, you are correct. I looked up our overall record, not the home record. Thanks for the correction!

Seriously though Eichorst and co.

Not only does the field LOOK dreadful, especially at night, but it's literally falling apart. Watching games at Memorial makes you think for a second that they are playing on real grass with all the bits of turf all over the jerseys.

Seriously though Eichorst and co.

Not only does the field LOOK dreadful, especially at night, but it's literally falling apart. Watching games at Memorial makes you think for a second that they are playing on real grass with all the bits of turf all over the jerseys.

took my son to the field at halftime saturday. After hearing this news, I'm really wondering how this field is going to make it through this season. It really is on its last leg.