Stadium Expansion

My initial thoughts:

* Still don't like the Bank Gothic font on the 'Huskers'. Doesn't fit well.

* Love the red outlining

* Think they should adjust the kerneling to have 'Nebraska' extend the full width of the court

* The two-tone wood will be a nice touch, especially with the B1G logos. Subtle yet distinct. I dig it.

* Oh the irony of having the Pinnacle Bank Arena's floor sponsored by First National Bank

I'll play devils advocate, not that similar.

The center piece definitely looks stolen, but the rest isn't anything profound. B1G logos are there on most courts. Going to have Nebraska on end line in some capacity. Sponsor logos are usually staggered like that. The center court logo is some thievery though.

Quite frankly, I'm not truly upset. In fact, my goal has been reached. I wanted the state outline back. I just find it a bit....strange...that I posted my concept and then a few weeks later *bam* the state outline is on the court in a different stain. Especially when, I think it was Boehm, said that the giant N was staying. There's enough differences that they didn't straight rip it, but I do believe I provided some inspiration to the athletic department. :rolleyes:

• Fire 2

Quite frankly, I'm not truly upset. In fact, my goal has been reached. I wanted the state outline back. I just find it a bit....strange...that I posted my concept and then a few weeks later *bam* the state outline is on the court in a different stain. Especially when, I think it was Boehm, said that the giant N was staying. There's enough differences that they didn't straight rip it, but I do believe I provided some inspiration to the athletic department. :rolleyes:

May or may not be true! They certainly look similar but not in any way that makes me think thievery, especially since the biggest distinguisher is the state outline, which was used in the past.

OH AND I CONTRIBUTED THE RED OUTLINE PART DON'T FORGET ME

Thats a good attitude to have, but its pretty hypocritical of them to sue business's using the word "husker" or an "N" symbol, but then troll the internet for their latest court design. .

You should take away all the "always-going-to-be-there" elements on both pics and see what's left. Take out the lines, the arc, the team name, etc.

I'm betting what's left is pretty similar.

You should take away all the "always-going-to-be-there" elements on both pics and see what's left. Take out the lines, the arc, the team name, etc.

I'm betting what's left is pretty similar.

GR7pQcf.jpg

Sorry, I don't buy thievery on this. The N is proprietary and was gonna be in the middle. Originally we all thought it was gonna be large, but it's the same as it was 2 years ago at the Bob. The Nebraska on the baselines was gonna be there too, and is in the current font seen all around the University. The B1G logos were there even in what we thought the floor design was gonna be originally. Red baselines and sidelines, not really a new concept here. The only similarity is the stained N, which is something that is a bit of a trend with aTm already having done it etc. And there is some precedent in having the state in the center of the court and not all that unique of an idea to begin with.

In short, I'm sure there are enough ideas or concepts floating around the interwebs that there is bound to be similarities on what they settled on.

Regarding the court itself, very little, if anything I would change. Glad all that white curving baseline color and white lines for the key and 3point arc are gone.