Stadium Expansion

If we ever build up the south side this stadium is going to be amazing. I'm not saying add seats, necessarily, but build a solid structure and maybe a few sky/press boxes. It would just help enclose the stadium. It could also give another exit for the fans in the south as I hear it's terrible entering and exiting the south stadium.

I think it'll be quite awhile before they redo south. They just renovated the old coaches and trainers offices underneath and turned them into the computer science department a couple years back. So the University probably isn't to keen on tearing that out, which means it would have to be built around it like the original East stadium (although to a smaller extent). And I'm sure they would want to add a few more seats or boxes which means we would probably need some population growth to keep up demand.

The lack of real symmetry in our stadium bugs the s*** out of me :S ;oiahwge

The east stadium and west stadium expansions are an example of how to do it right and enhance the overall appeal of the stadium.

The north stadium and south stadium expansions are clear examples of how to botch a stadium expansion. The fact that it doesn't match the original stadium bugs the crap out of me

The East/West sides were done extremely well. However, they're still like...crooked. It's slight, but it bugs me. Also, the concrete pillars on the outside of the North Stadium facade aren't symmetrical either; one faces straight north/south, the other is at about a 20degree angle to the Northwest.

The East/West sides were done extremely well. However, they're still like...crooked. It's slight, but it bugs me. Also, the concrete pillars on the outside of the North Stadium facade aren't symmetrical either; one faces straight north/south, the other is at about a 20degree angle to the Northwest.

That my friend is the difference between engineering and architecture.

I'm pretty disappointed Knapp was unable to get us a picture from this view.

Slacker

I would make fun of the old man, but I am scared of him now.

Same here. He's sitting in a room, with his finger on a button.

Yeah, I posted that before I got to the shed. If I never post again, you'll know why....

If we ever build up the south side this stadium is going to be amazing. I'm not saying add seats, necessarily, but build a solid structure and maybe a few sky/press boxes. It would just help enclose the stadium. It could also give another exit for the fans in the south as I hear it's terrible entering and exiting the south stadium.

I realize this will never happen, but I would almost like if they knocked out half of north and south stadium and built them more vertical. Our endzone seating is very strange in the sense that it is so flat going backward. It could be a little bit of a perspective thing, but those endzone sections need to be built a little steeper.

I realize this will never happen, but I would almost like if they knocked out half of north and south stadium and built them more vertical. Our endzone seating is very strange in the sense that it is so flat going backward. It could be a little bit of a perspective thing, but those endzone sections need to be built a little steeper.

No, it's not a perspective thing. I've never seen another stadium in the country with more endzone seating than sideline seating. I still think they should have expanded north stadium by adding a 2nd deck, not just extending the same plane of seats further and further back.

No, it's not a perspective thing. I've never seen another stadium in the country with more endzone seating than sideline seating. I still think they should have expanded north stadium by adding a 2nd deck, not just extending the same plane of seats further and further back.

They should have just razed the north end zone and rebuilt the whole damn thing to match the east and west. Second deck and all. You're right, the end zone construction drags the greatness of the rest of the stadium down. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed those way back when.

They should have just razed the north end zone and rebuilt the whole damn thing to match the east and west. Second deck and all. You're right, the end zone construction drags the greatness of the rest of the stadium down. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed those way back when.

I may be mistaken, but I think they didn't because of the track field. They had a pretty limited space to work with.

I may be mistaken, but I think they didn't because of the track field. They had a pretty limited space to work with.

Yeah, it would have been tricky and added to the cost, scope, and timeline of the project for sure. But, that's why the engineers get paid, to figure that stuff out. KSU is building a whole new addition with luxury suites and new press box in one offseason (including the demolition of the old press box), so I'm sure they could have figured something out.