Stadium Expansion

Huskeraddict, can I make a request? Can you mock one up with alternating (oregon style or NU style), red endzones w/white lettering but scale the font size back and have "cornhuskers", and make the B1G red? I am just curious what that would look like and I have no skill with this.

kW2TamG.jpg

+1!

This looks awesome! I love the inclusion of Tom Osborne's signature, and I especially like that the red & white end zone refers to us as the "Cornhuskers." Nicely done as always. Hopefully the Athletic Department is paying attention to your designs like they did with the basketball court.

Huskeraddict, can I make a request? Can you mock one up with alternating (oregon style or NU style), red endzones w/white lettering but scale the font size back and have "cornhuskers", and make the B1G red? I am just curious what that would look like and I have no skill with this.

kW2TamG.jpg

That is absolutely bad ass!! Although, in retrospect I guess the B1G does look better white. But everything else is superb! Let's hope they pay attention as with the basketball court!! ;) If they do, one tweak would be to scale "Nebraska" down to match the same size as "Cornhuskers", it would leave more red on the sides but I think that would be fine, ala the Colts.

**Thanks for doing that huskeraddict, appreciate it!

kW2TamG.jpg

That is absolutely bad ass!! Although, in retrospect I guess the B1G does look better white. But everything else is superb! Let's hope they pay attention as with the basketball court!! ;) If they do, one tweak would be to scale "Nebraska" down to match the same size as "Cornhuskers", it would leave more red on the sides but I think that would be fine, ala the Colts.

**Thanks for doing the Huskeraddict, appreciate it!

Or decrease the kerneling on 'Cornhuskers' to make it take up more space :) you need them to be the same size characters, but the spacing can differ.

kW2TamG.jpg

**Thanks for doing the Huskeraddict, appreciate it!

Or decrease the kerneling on 'Cornhuskers' to make it take up more space :) you need them to be the same size characters, but the spacing can differ.

I think you address it the same way Indi did, just have more negative space and have the fonts the same size.

trv_lucasoil03_800.jpg

"NEBRASKA" and "CORNHUSKERS" are closer in size obviously as COLTS is to INDIANAPOLIS so I think it would actually work better, and there would be no need for the added symbols as the COLTS did in that end zone

I think you address it the same way Indi did, just have more negative space and have the fonts the same size.

trv_lucasoil03_800.jpg

"NEBRASKA" and "CORNHUSKERS" are closer in size obviously as COLTS is to INDIANAPOLIS so I think it would actually work better, and there would be no need for the added symbols as the COLTS did in that end zone

Have the fonts the same size = yes.

All I'm saying, is make them the same size by making CORNHUSKERS as BIG as possible rather than making NEBRASKA smaller to match. If addict squishes the letters together more, it will have more space to be a bit larger overall. I'm pretty sure I drafted this up several pages ago.

Edit: You're the same person that I had this conversation with months ago :facepalm:

Only difference is that Indianapolis' endzone art is more vertical than horizontal. Unfortunately for you, I don't think you'll see 'Cornhuskers' in the endzone anytime soon for two reasons, one being the difference in size. You just have to keep the art consistent. Cornhuskers and Nebraska are unevenly sized with the official font that NU uses. One cannot be stretched taller than the other. It's just sloppy looking and ruins brand identity. The other, Huskers is much more commonplace nowadays than Cornhuskers. I think a good example of this is do you still call it Federal Express or FedEx? They're the same thing, interchangeable really, but FedEx is the mainstream name nowadays.

Only difference is that Indianapolis' endzone art is more vertical than horizontal. Unfortunately for you, I don't think you'll see 'Cornhuskers' in the endzone anytime soon for two reasons, one being the difference in size. You just have to keep the art consistent. Cornhuskers and Nebraska are unevenly sized with the official font that NU uses. One cannot be stretched taller than the other. It's just sloppy looking and ruins brand identity. The other, Huskers is much more commonplace nowadays than Cornhuskers. I think a good example of this is do you still call it Federal Express or FedEx? They're the same thing, interchangeable really, but FedEx is the mainstream name nowadays.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. But I still think you could scale down NEBRASKA so that it's height is the same as the CORNHUSKERS , the resut would be that there is more red showing on each side, so instead of the NEBRASKA going from one sideline to the next, it might start 5 yards from the sideline and end 5 yards from the other. If that makes sense.

I agree this is a pipe dream for me with the CORNHUSKERS vs HUSKERS, just would love to see it return. Again, thanks for the mockup!

trv_lucasoil03_800.jpg

Have the fonts the same size = yes.

All I'm saying, is make them the same size by making CORNHUSKERS as BIG as possible rather than making NEBRASKA smaller to match. If addict squishes the letters together more, it will have more space to be a bit larger overall. I'm pretty sure I drafted this up several pages ago.

Edit: You're the same person that I had this conversation with months ago :facepalm:

Ha! No worries. I understand what you're saying and that may work too. The way it is now though, on the current field that is, I think it's almost too much, too big.

Surprisingly, I actually kind of like that old school mockup with the white HUSKERS. Didn't think I would.

So overall I am a traditionalist and all but what if we thought outside of the box in terms of something different on the field. I have always thought the eye of the tiger that fades out at mid field at LSU was pretty cool or the checkered endzones in Tennessee? Those are just a couple of ideas but I am sure there is something out there that could put us more cutting edge. We have always been cutting edge in terms of technology, weight room, nutrition etc but seem to have fallen off in that respect. There needs to be a balance of tradition while still keeping up with the times and staying "cool" in the eyes of modern kids. Just an idea?!?!

So overall I am a traditionalist and all but what if we thought outside of the box in terms of something different on the field. I have always thought the eye of the tiger that fades out at mid field at LSU was pretty cool or the checkered endzones in Tennessee? Those are just a couple of ideas but I am sure there is something out there that could put us more cutting edge. We have always been cutting edge in terms of technology, weight room, nutrition etc but seem to have fallen off in that respect. There needs to be a balance of tradition while still keeping up with the times and staying "cool" in the eyes of modern kids. Just an idea?!?!

When it comes to technology and cutting-edge things, Nebraska has always been one of the leaders. I just wish people were more open to stylistic changes like you are talking about. I couldn't believe that they approved the alternate unis that we wore last year, so maybe things are starting to loosen up a little bit.