Stadium Expansion

If we could enclose our stadium = best in Big 10, top 5 in nation.

How in the heck would we enclose our stadium? That would be a waste. We'd have to tear down a bunch of the north and south side seats.

Obviously now we can't, but they made a huge mistake in that North expansion by just going out further and further instead of building a second deck.

Just throwin' it out there, if ours is the best in the B1G, it will be best in the nation. B1G has the giants of the college football world.

Michigan and OSU have great stadiums, but the SEC I think has the best as a whole. Bama, LSU, Arky, Florida, Tennessee have some ridiculous stadiums. I know we prolly cant enclose now, but I wish we would have is what I was referring to.

Just throwin' it out there, if ours is the best in the B1G, it will be best in the nation. B1G has the giants of the college football world.

Michigan and OSU have great stadiums, but the SEC I think has the best as a whole. Bama, LSU, Arky, Florida, Tennessee have some ridiculous stadiums. I know we prolly cant enclose now, but I wish we would have is what I was referring to.

If you're going by attendance alone, the B1G has 3 of the top 4 stadiums in the country. Michigan #1, Penn State #2, and Ohio State #4.

does anyone know what happened to the Breslo ice center?

It's been moved around, but as far as I know it's still on track. I think the original location was supposed to be between Haymarket Park and the Arena, but now it's going to be on the 600 block of O Street. Basically you'll be able to go over the O Street overpass and look at the roof of the Breslow Center just to the north of the viaduct. I believe they're putting in footings for it right now.

icecenterlocations.image.jpg

LOL again at the "enclose our stadium" talk. It is already incredibly enclosed. It is about as enclosed as you can get without being a straight-up bowl. As it is, we can't "fill in the corners" because the sight lines would be blocked out by the press boxes and suites. And the "open corners" are tiny, just look at a google maps overhead view. Absolute silliness.

LOL again at the "enclose our stadium" talk. It is already incredibly enclosed. It is about as enclosed as you can get without being a straight-up bowl. As it is, we can't "fill in the corners" because the sight lines would be blocked out by the press boxes and suites. And the "open corners" are tiny, just look at a google maps overhead view. Absolute silliness.

I think it's perfectly obvious that the open corners are there to provide space for the buttresses of the future dome.

643.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=5200

This is what I was talking about. Don't have to get the feathers ruffled guy, I love Memorial. Just wish it was "enclosed"

The volume level has more to do with the average age of the NU fans being 85.

I'd say the majority of the reason is this, indeed. Coupled with where the student section is, that's just how it is going to be. It's a terrific place to play no doubt, maybe one of top 15 in the country to PLAY football. But, that goes for both teams that play.

I get that. That isn't how our stadium is designed though. It isn't going to change. We don't have a bowl. Even if we did somehow "enclose" or whatever, I'm not even sure how, but doing so would have a minimal effect on the volume.

I wouldn't get too down on our "volume". I understand we aren't as loud as some of those SEC schools or the gigantic stadiums of the Big Ten, but we're are still an extremely intimidating place to play. I took my best friend (a devout Oklahoma fan) to the Michigan State game last year and he said that one thing he really noticed was how much louder (and friendlier) Nebraska was compared to OU. I thought that was a huge compliment and I think it's something we must keep into perspective.

I get that. That isn't how our stadium is designed though. It isn't going to change. We don't have a bowl. Even if we did somehow "enclose" or whatever, I'm not even sure how, but doing so would have a minimal effect on the volume.

I wouldn't get too down on our "volume". I understand we aren't as loud as some of those SEC schools or the gigantic stadiums of the Big Ten, but we're are still an extremely intimidating place to play. I took my best friend (a devout Oklahoma fan) to the Michigan State game last year and he said that one thing he really noticed was how much louder (and friendlier) Nebraska was compared to OU. I thought that was a huge compliment and I think it's something we must keep into perspective.

I've heard that also that OU's stadium is pretty quiet. Must be even more blue-hairs down there than there are in attendance for Husker games.