Stadium Expansion

I don't know how strict Lincoln is going to be with Barry's liquor license. They're already planning on having open-container areas in the Haymarket expansion (The Yard, and possibly down Canopy Street). I wouldn't worry about Barry's until they deny the permit.

Yeah, rooftops are everywhere here in KC. It's not as though you can access them from outside the bar. You still have to go through the front doors, still have to go through the id check. What's the difference between a rooftop bar and a patio? Both outside. It's just that when you want outdoor patios in a city...there isn't a lot of lawn/space to go around, so they go up on the roof.

I guess you can't throw someone over the side of the patio and watch them fall to their death...but that is an entirely different issue.

Ah, never been there so I wouldn't know about their other buildings.

I ran through campus with an alum this morning and sure enough, many of thier buildings look like castles....or something out of North Korea. It'll end up matching their theme. I just don't understand why they broke ground so late, it was a pretty mild winter.

I don't know how strict Lincoln is going to be with Barry's liquor license. They're already planning on having open-container areas in the Haymarket expansion (The Yard, and possibly down Canopy Street). I wouldn't worry about Barry's until they deny the permit.

I assume this was in response to my post? Im not worried about the liquor license...I just want the rooftop to walls to be like in the design, where you can look out over the street. But based on how the walls they are building on top look, it looks as though its just going to be an outdoor room with no scenery.

I assume this was in response to my post? Im not worried about the liquor license...I just want the rooftop to walls to be like in the design, where you can look out over the street. But based on how the walls they are building on top look, it looks as though its just going to be an outdoor room with no scenery.

I was responding to this:

Heard that they would not get approved for a liquor license if a rooftop bar was part of the final plan. Lincoln is very strict when it comes to liquor licenses (i.e. name one other open rooftop bar in Lincoln. There isnt one.) So they probably have to make it an enclosed room up there with no alcohol on any outdoors portions of the upstairs.

I haven't looked at Barry's for a while, so I don't know what they're doing up there. I would imagine they're going to build a totally new level atop the existing structure, since the original roof is just tar and muck right now. I don't think the height of the walls at this time is indicative of anything.

So the model/rendering of the future Barry's shows the rooftop bar being as such where you can look down over the street, but when I look at the construction, it looks like there isn't going to be this option as they are basically making a rooftop room. Does anyone know how that is all going to work up there? I'm really hoping it is going to end up like it is portrayed in the rendering.

Heard that they would not get approved for a liquor license if a rooftop bar was part of the final plan. Lincoln is very strict when it comes to liquor licenses (i.e. name one other open rooftop bar in Lincoln. There isnt one.) So they probably have to make it an enclosed room up there with no alcohol on any outdoors portions of the upstairs.

Wow. Lighten up a little, Lincoln.

24954285.jpg

• Fire 1
Ah, never been there so I wouldn't know about their other buildings.

I ran through campus with an alum this morning and sure enough, many of thier buildings look like castles....or something out of North Korea. It'll end up matching their theme. I just don't understand why they broke ground so late, it was a pretty mild winter.

K-State alum here. I think the campus there is very pretty with a lot of nice buildings. I thought KSU screwed up when they built the new stadium and the new coliseum as opposed to leaving them down on campus by the union. However, their reno will help tie it in architecturally speaking. As far as the late start, pretty sure they wanted to secure a certain percentage of funding prior to breaking ground.

Yeah they will still get a liquor license no doubt just with a provision for no rooftop bar. Its a public safety thing, drinking outside is fine but when you have drunk college kids 20ft in the air on a major road through downtown lincoln is another story. Hence why they likely had to alter their plans and enclose the rooftop section of the bar.

Yeah they will still get a liquor license no doubt just with a provision for no rooftop bar. Its a public safety thing, drinking outside is fine but when you have drunk college kids 20ft in the air on a major road through downtown lincoln is another story. Hence why they likely had to alter their plans and enclose the rooftop section of the bar.

Maybe it wasn't always this way, but I had the distinct impression that Barry's was for the 30 something and up crowd when I was in school a few years back.

That really sucks. I was looking forward to being able to see the skyline and hangout up there.

That really sucks. I was looking forward to being able to see the skyline and hangout up there.

Are drunk NU college kids more likely to fall than drunk kids in Lawrence or Kansas City or any number of the other cities that have rooftop bars? I'd like to see a couple articles where someone actually fell (not jumped). I'd say it's BS and easily fixed w/ a 6 foot class wall surrounding the edge. Dave & Buster's rooftop bar is pretty awesome here in KC...and there isn't much going on around it. I can't imaging a rooftop bar in Lincoln on gameday. That would be one hell of a place to watch the game if you aren't inside the stadium.