Stadium Expansion

They should have a max age limit to go to games. Not seriously but when I went to the Washington game there was a man probably in his late 70's early 80's holding his hands over his ears every time we were on defense

don't understand the desire these people have to go to the games live. i personally enjoy watching the games at home more than the stadium. it's just a preference of not wanting to deal w/ all the crap of getting up there and back - then trying to stay sober to drive after the game. this way i grill, i get drunk, and i get to watch 3-4 other games as well. and i'm 30. when i'm in my 70's...i'll grill, get drunk, and watch 5-6 other games.

Wow dude! Do you also stand on your front porch and yell at the neighbor kids to get off of your lawn? You are going to be one grumpy old man when you get to be 70 or 80...

All I know is that you are right...when you sit in the stadium you miss the other games, you are crammed in, you have to deal with the huge crowd and all that goes with it (long lines, sweaty loud drunks sitting next to you, stadium steps, no instant replay of reviewed calls, you can't see nearly as well as on T.V., expensive food, SOMEONE has to be the designated driver, etc.) ....and you know what? I wouldn't miss any of it for the world any time I have the chance to go (living in So. Cal, I have only been to Lincoln for two games ever). Even with all the negatives, there is nothing like being in Memorial Stadium for a Husker game. You guys who live there and can go to multiple games every year should count your blessings.

And that stuff about you yelling at the neighbor kids was just a little joke...hope you weren't offended...GO BIG RED!!!

do you think they will ever connect the four separate sections? is that even possible?

you're good sd'sker...real good

i am flattered? (i am actually kind of confused).

I assumed you were sarcastically insinuating that we should enclose the stadium like every other poster on here thinks needs to be done. Perhaps I gave you too much credit

They should have a max age limit to go to games. Not seriously but when I went to the Washington game there was a man probably in his late 70's early 80's holding his hands over his ears every time we were on defense

don't understand the desire these people have to go to the games live. i personally enjoy watching the games at home more than the stadium. it's just a preference of not wanting to deal w/ all the crap of getting up there and back - then trying to stay sober to drive after the game. this way i grill, i get drunk, and i get to watch 3-4 other games as well. and i'm 30. when i'm in my 70's...i'll grill, get drunk, and watch 5-6 other games.

Wow dude! Do you also stand on your front porch and yell at the neighbor kids to get off of your lawn? You are going to be one grumpy old man when you get to be 70 or 80...

All I know is that you are right...when you sit in the stadium you miss the other games, you are crammed in, you have to deal with the huge crowd and all that goes with it (long lines, sweaty loud drunks sitting next to you, stadium steps, no instant replay of reviewed calls, you can't see nearly as well as on T.V., expensive food, SOMEONE has to be the designated driver, etc.) ....and you know what? I wouldn't miss any of it for the world any time I have the chance to go (living in So. Cal, I have only been to Lincoln for two games ever). Even with all the negatives, there is nothing like being in Memorial Stadium for a Husker game. You guys who live there and can go to multiple games every year should count your blessings.

And that stuff about you yelling at the neighbor kids was just a little joke...hope you weren't offended...GO BIG RED!!!

I skipped going to Lincoln for games for about 5 or 6 seasons, I just started to think it was boring and that it would be more fun to watch at home or at the Omaha bars. Now, I go to Lincoln every chance I get to tailgate and party for the games and I regret it so much that I skipped so many seasons.

I start planning Lincoln trips in June!

The Arena first this week.

Looking NE from the parking lot of the Amtrak station:

DSCF3473.jpg

Looking NW from 7th street just south of the post office

DSCF3472.jpg

Looking SW from the foot of the Haymarket foot bridge:

DSCF3464.jpg

And the stadium:

From the veranda north of Bessey Hall:

DSCF3431.jpg

From the west side of the Coliseum:

DSCF3440.jpg

From Ed Weir Track:

DSCF3449.jpg

And a few from inside the stadium, to give an idea of progress on this side.

DSCF3454.jpg

DSCF3457.jpg

DSCF3460.jpg

The way it looks right now this expansion should help keep noise in the stadium and make the place louder.

• Fire 6