Nastiest game ever in Lincoln

WCHusker

What's the worst that you've ever seen things get to at or after a game in Lincoln? Personally, it's a toss up between a couple CU games, but still relatively mild.

I have a feeling that this Saturday might take things to the next level-and I'm not talking about just on the field. It's too bad that Texass already has a couple of losses, because that has probably cancelled a lot of trips north. I hope the emergency rooms in Lincoln are fully prepared to surgically remove a few cow bells.

What's the worst that you've ever seen things get to at or after a game in Lincoln? Personally, it's a toss up between a couple CU games, but still relatively mild.

I have a feeling that this Saturday might take things to the next level-and I'm not talking about just on the field. It's too bad that Texass already has a couple of losses, because that has probably cancelled a lot of trips north. I hope the emergency rooms in Lincoln are fully prepared to surgically remove a few cow bells.

it gonna be bonkers... and to think this is gonna be the last time we play texas in a loonng time (unless we meet again in a bowl sometime down the road) so lets go out with a huge bevo shotgun blast to the head bang

Win or lose, Texas and Texas' fans will be shocked as hell when the Cornhusker Fans applaud them as they leave the field. I have never heard of other fans having to worry about leaving Memorial Stadium, or having their tires slashed in the parking lot. For those of you going to the game, be sure to tell them "Thank You", with a big smile. I have a feeling that that will drive the Texas fans nuts. If Texas loses 3 in a row, they'll want some kind of recognition of being mistreated by Nebraska Fans, lets let the talk be done on the field. 10/16 is about being LOUD, and being PROUD. There are reasons we are considered the Best College Football Fans in the Nation, lets keep it up.

• Fire 2

What you have to ask yourselves is this: Is it worth it, on national TV, to act like a jackass and spew venom at Texas and their fans for the whole world to see?

The press is looking for any excuse to write a story about Nebraska fans losing their class and acting like hooligans. Any little thing; any sign, any gesture, any little action taken by any Husker fan toward Texas or their fans this week will make major headlines, it will be broadcast repeatedly on ESPN and it will be talked about for weeks.

We've been the most friendly and welcoming place to watch college football as a visitor for 50 years. Bill and Pedey killed almost all of our streaks and traditions. By the strength of us, the fans, we've kept our sellout streak going. The only other thing we still have is our commitment to living up to "the greatest fans in college football" moniker. Let's keep that going.

• Fire 2

I'm curious to hear what some of the Texas fans will have to say about our move to the Big Ten. In spite of how well we've treated them in Lincoln over the last decade, I'm guessing there will be plenty of folks spewing forth all sorts of nastiness about our move. That could definitely make for some fun convos, don't ya think?

Shatel compared this game to the 1978 Oklahoma game, which I think is pretty accurate. Anybody who was at that game still claims it was the loudest they've heard the stadium, even more than Colorado in 2008 or Oklahoma in 2009. Hopefully we can match that atmosphere, with the exception rushing the field at the end of the game like we did in 1978. I don't want to give UT fans the satisfaction that they're that important to us.

I will still clap for Texas should we win this game. I have no problem with their program at all. They've been a good rival and heck, it's games like this that make being a college football fan so great.

On the other hand if 100 Texas fans were walking off the field I'd probably boo them! Sorry! I can't help it!:corndance