Will Compton is back

Nexus

There are some question/report not mentioned, could he have gone last week? Has he been practicing at all?

If he was 'ready to go' last week but they held him out one more week to be safe, this could mean he's more ready than not?...

What has the defense changed or improvised in his absence that would make it significantly better with him in?

What will change with him back in?

These aren't negative inquiries at all, just wondering what will be 'back to normal' with him in vs 'what have we become without him'?

In other words, chemistry...

Besides that, here's to him earning a Blackshirt and kicking ass in conference play!!!!!!!! I bet he's itching to get on that field!

You raise some interesting points. Time will tell......

does this mean david sits?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

i appreciate that. i really do. after all of the helpful, informative responses, i was starting to get annoyed, tired of waiting for a worthless and sarcastic response. thank you for providing that for me.

I'll be honest. I have no idea where the love affair with Compton has come from. I can only guess it was because he was supposed to be the field general this year. I don't recall at what point he became this seasoned veteran.

A few posts up noted that Dillard was an animal last year and that poster couldn't have been more dead on. Once Dillard established himself against VT last year, Compton rarely saw the field. I felt like the biggest question mark on the defense going into this year was who going to replace Dillard and not who was going to replace Suh.

We are now at the point were David has more experience than Compton. Not to mention that David appears to be one of the most explosive line backers on defense in a while. He is clearly one of the best linebackers in the conference.

I wish Compton the best of luck and I am happy that he will add depth, but if David comes off the field for anything except an injury, I will have to pull my fist out of my TV.

I seriously doubt he will play more than 30% of the defensive snaps Saturday.

Could depend on what kind of look Texas gives us after two weeks off. If Texas goes back to more of a spread look I'd imagine we'll see a lot of cheated-up dime with just David in there. If Texas tries to run at us with the more bama-style attack they went into the season with I can see Compton getting a good amount of reps.

i appreciate that. i really do. after all of the helpful, informative responses, i was starting to get annoyed, tired of waiting for a worthless and sarcastic response. thank you for providing that for me.

I'll be honest. I have no idea where the love affair with Compton has come from. I can only guess it was because he was supposed to be the field general this year. I don't recall at what point he became this seasoned veteran.

A few posts up noted that Dillard was an animal last year and that poster couldn't have been more dead on. Once Dillard established himself against VT last year, Compton rarely saw the field. I felt like the biggest question mark on the defense going into this year was who going to replace Dillard and not who was going to replace Suh.

We are now at the point were David has more experience than Compton. Not to mention that David appears to be one of the most explosive line backers on defense in a while. He is clearly one of the best linebackers in the conference.

I wish Compton the best of luck and I am happy that he will add depth, but if David comes off the field for anything except an injury, I will have to pull my fist out of my TV.

Because you know so much more than the Pelini brothers about defense AND their defensive personnel?

Because you know so much more than the Pelini brothers about defense AND their defensive personnel?

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=1515230

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/football/2010.pdf

Page 3,4

The thing we get back in Compton is experience. Nobody denies that David has earned himself a considerable amount of PT and might as well paint his blackshirt on his body. But what David doesn't have is three years in the Pelini system. Compton does have that––he's from Bo's first crop. By now he should know every read, every key, and the opposing QBs favorite color. However good our defense was going into this week, it just got better, so start the celebration.

Good call....although when Compton does come in for that first PT of the season, he sure as heck better not do anything stupid like miss a costly tackle or allow a TD. That's when I'd pull my fist out of the TV.

I think Compton adds some depth and that should help. Most players seem to improve from first year to second & maybe that's where some expectations come from. I think its good news he will be out there. Def dont think his legs will be ready for a full game. Should see him out there, maybe a few mistakes like everyone has done in their first game, but overall he will also help make some plays particularly in the run game. He was no hot shot last season, but as I said, the expectation of another year in the system and being his second year and all, he should contribute nicely.