Recievers, and play calling.

So now it is Watson's fault that our WRs and RBs drop sure passes today?

It is his fault that, as warned before the season even started, that Taylor is a great runner but a horrid passer?

Here is a reality everyone needs to accept for right now - with Taylor, you will find big plays with his feet, but when facing teams that can hold him in check, he is useless. He cannot read a defense, does not have the arm to get passes into windows, short arms throws to guys who are open, and fails to give his WRs opportunity to get YAC when he does hit them.

He's a runner, and nothing else. When forced to be a real QB, he will not succeed. Basically, we have zero passing attack with him under center, and are limited to being nearly a solely running team.

And as hard as it is to believe, Zac Lee runs the zone read better than Taylor does. I know someone will see that and think I am crazy, but from what I seen today, it is absolutely true. So many times this year Taylor has made horrid reads on the DT or DE that has actually hindered us from gaining more yards than we have already. With Zac, his key reads were completely different and actually had the defense guessing on who they should take.

I will not even go into passing. Zac is on another level.

But more than anything - Gilmore needs to be fired, yesterday. I've said it for years how worthless this guy is, and today it showed even more. I'm still waiting for the first WR to develop and flourish under him.

Niles Paul - you deserved to be benched today. You think you are a #1, but yet you play like a 230lbs version of Frantz Hardy.

Hopefully today was a reality check for a few players and their egos. Same for a few coaches on this staff. Quit with this favorites BS, and play the guy who earned his spot.

Agreed 100%

Martinez had some passes dropped today, but didn't help his receivers at all. The only thing he has in the zone read is his speed, but Texas neutralized that today, easily. When Lee came in, it was more effective and loosened up the RB's for a couple of runs. I'm just not sure what else can be said about Gilmore, he obviously is a horrible position coach. I think Beck or Brown would greatly improve our receiving production. The move of McNeill out to WR has been a complete bust, he didn't even exist today.

I would have loved to see some draws or power runs for Taylor today, the run game lacked imagination. The pass game was actually very good today if we would have caught the balls and improved a few throws.

This was Iowa State V2, you can't make those mistakes against a good team. Period!

Uhm....did you notice that THE ENTIRE TEAM PLAYED TIGHT. Offense. Defense. Special Teams.

Players who used to do things well suddenly forgot how. There were penalties and turnovers and poor adjustments.

Our vaunted defense got absolutely no pressure on the quarterback and forgot how to tackle when they found guys suddenly past the line of scrimmage. On offense three different recievers dropped sure touchdowns and our Heisman trophy freshman quarterback was suddenly a deer in the headlights.

The entire team had the yips.

That's on the head coach, folks. This one's on Bo Pelini.

And you know who'll agree with me?

Bo Pelini.

• Fire 1

Did you even watch the game today?

Martinez was on target with nearly every throw. Drops everywhere killed his passing performance.

Watson never said Taylor wasn't a good passer. He's stated many times that he is one of the better passers he's worked with. I think it's entirely Watson's fault that he would run zone-read on 1st and 10, 2nd and 9, and then throw on 3rd and 8. If not it was zone read all 3 plays. Granted the WRs were struggling but you have to give yourself a chance to win. There was no way Texas was going to let us run the ball and the passing game was there. I'll take a 50% chance a wr actually catches a ball over a 50% chance we get more than 1 yard on the ground.

You have 18 inch Taylor Martinez covered goggles if you think Taylor was anything close to 'on target with nearly every throw'.

Just off the top of my head - the pass across the middle that only hit someone in the foot it was so short. The out pattern that skipped 2 yards in front of the WR. The corner pattern to Enunwa he waited long enough on to allow Gideon to make a play. The long throw to Niles, which Niles whiffed on; if he throws it out in front to lead Niles we likely aren't talking about that play. The throw to Niles across the middle which Niles had to reach completely back across his body for just to get a hand on, when he was wide freakin' open.

There are a couple more in which I remember that he completed, but he gave the WRs no chance for YAC. One of the biggest problems he has as a passer is he has absolutely no touch to lead receivers, forcing them to stop just to catch his passes, costing us valuable yards.

Taylor, while he had dropped passes, was absolutely HORRID passing today. Yes, it was maximized by drops, but he did absolutely nothing to help them either.

And obviously you have never heard of 'coach speak'. Coaches say what they say to get media, and fans, off a players back, or to protect them. Saying Taylor is a good passer is one of those things.

Watson could go bring Craig Ochs back, and he would eat Taylor alive as a passer. Granted everyone should have expected Taylor to be bad, but lets not kid ourselves about what he is capable of. He's an athlete being pawned off as a QB right now - nothing more, nothing less.

One day he may very well be a good or even decent passer, but that day isn't close in sight.

Never been a fan of the zone read when watching teams like Texas A&M run it. Figured a decent D would be able to blow it up.

Thing that irks me is that Watson "adjusted" when Lee went in and finally got the novel idea of blocking everyone rather than leaving one man free. That is a handicap that ole T-Magic should have been given the opportunity to play without.

Niles Paul - you deserved to be benched today. You think you are a #1, but yet you play like a 230lbs version of Frantz Hardy.

Hopefully today was a reality check for a few players and their egos. Same for a few coaches on this staff. Quit with this favorites BS, and play the guy who earned his spot.

LMFAO. That is on point.

Martinez was on target with nearly every throw. Drops everywhere killed his passing performance.

Watson never said Taylor wasn't a good passer. He's stated many times that he is one of the better passers he's worked with. I think it's entirely Watson's fault that he would run zone-read on 1st and 10, 2nd and 9, and then throw on 3rd and 8. If not it was zone read all 3 plays. Granted the WRs were struggling but you have to give yourself a chance to win. There was no way Texas was going to let us run the ball and the passing game was there. I'll take a 50% chance a wr actually catches a ball over a 50% chance we get more than 1 yard on the ground.

You have 18 inch Taylor Martinez covered goggles if you think Taylor was anything close to 'on target with nearly every throw'.

Just off the top of my head - the pass across the middle that only hit someone in the foot it was so short. The out pattern that skipped 2 yards in front of the WR. The corner pattern to Enunwa he waited long enough on to allow Gideon to make a play. The long throw to Niles, which Niles whiffed on; if he throws it out in front to lead Niles we likely aren't talking about that play. The throw to Niles across the middle which Niles had to reach completely back across his body for just to get a hand on, when he was wide freakin' open.

There are a couple more in which I remember that he completed, but he gave the WRs no chance for YAC. One of the biggest problems he has as a passer is he has absolutely no touch to lead receivers, forcing them to stop just to catch his passes, costing us valuable yards.

Taylor, while he had dropped passes, was absolutely HORRID passing today. Yes, it was maximized by drops, but he did absolutely nothing to help them either.

And obviously you have never heard of 'coach speak'. Coaches say what they say to get media, and fans, off a players back, or to protect them. Saying Taylor is a good passer is one of those things.

Watson could go bring Craig Ochs back, and he would eat Taylor alive as a passer. Granted everyone should have expected Taylor to be bad, but lets not kid ourselves about what he is capable of. He's an athlete being pawned off as a QB right now - nothing more, nothing less.

One day he may very well be a good or even decent passer, but that day isn't close in sight.

Bullsh*t!

I counted at least "six" passes dropped on Tmart. Two of them very possible TDs. Maybe more but I'm sure of that number. What the hell is he supposed to do for them to catch them? Throw a six pack of Beck's dark too?

If you think them catching the damn balls wouldn't have made any difference in the game....well, whatever you're smoking....I want it!!

Meanwhile, just like last year, Lee ran like a crippled old lady and the wrs dropped the ball on him too. Gee....what a surprise.

Bullsh*t!

I counted at least "six" passes dropped on Tmart. Two of them very possible TDs. Maybe more but I'm sure of that number. What the hell is he supposed to do for them to catch them? Throw a six pack of Beck's dark too?

If you think them catching the damn balls wouldn't have made any difference in the game....well, whatever you're smoking....I want it!!

Meanwhile, just like last year, Lee ran like a crippled old lady and the wrs dropped the ball on him too. Gee....what a surprise.

He's not saying there weren't some drops, but if you watch them, they weren't always throws that put a WR in a position to succeed. Taylor flat sucks at hitting moving targets typically and struggled again today with that.

With that said, Taylor did much better throwing today than I ever expected, I figured 2 picks against UT from him.

And if Lee ran like a crippled old lady, what did Martinez run like today?

Martinez ran 13 times for 21 yards

Lee ran 10 times for 25 yards.

Bullsh*t!

He's not saying there weren't some drops, but if you watch them, they weren't always throws that put a WR in a position to succeed. Taylor flat sucks at hitting moving targets typically and struggled again today with that.

With that said, Taylor did much better throwing today than I ever expected, I figured 2 picks against UT from him.

And if Lee ran like a crippled old lady, what did Martinez run like today?

Martinez ran 13 times for 21 yards

Lee ran 10 times for 25 yards.

That's not evan a fair compairison,Texas knew that Lee wasn't much of a running threat so they didn't have to worry about him running.Texas Keyed in on stopping taylor when he ran the ball so they were expecting it.

Dropped passes could have cost NU the game today, but it also was lost in the run game. Everything went outside to the strength of UT's D. UCLA killed that D running between the Tackles and NU waited until the middle of the 3rd quarter to attempt this. I dont really know what to make of Martinez's game, not sure if he was making correct reads in the run game or if the play calling changed.