I'm so Disgusted

Vince R.

This is Nebraska, we don't hold ourselves to the same standards as Minnesota. We expect perfection and so does BO. This was an embarrassment.

No, you're not a Minnesota fan. Disgusting is when you're defeated in conference play, have lost to a Dakota school, and have a coach on his way out. Nebraska's loss today was unfortunate, but you still have one hell of a team. Win out, you will be fine.

No, you're not a Minnesota fan. Disgusting is when you're defeated in conference play, have lost to a Dakota school, and have a coach on his way out. Nebraska's loss today was unfortunate, but you still have one hell of a team. Win out, you will be fine.

well, if it wasn't for some favorable flags, we would have two of your three descriptors.

Anyone else immensely disappointed with Niles, Brandon and company sitting on the sidelines feeling sorry for themselve from halfway through the third and on? We were still in this game the entire time, the defense didn't give up (in effort, at least), but they sure as hell looked like they did.

I'm not even that mad really. I dunno what's wrong with me, I can't explain it.

I guess I kind of saw it coming in a roundabout way. With all the hoopla surrounding this game, from our end anyway.

If anything bothers me it's the way it happened. (Four dropped touchdowns or passes that could've possibly set up touchdowns).

Oh, and the refs were terrible. Not that they cost us the game or anything, but a simple task such as spotting the ball was an adventure today.

I guess I kind of saw it coming in a roundabout way. With all the hoopla surrounding this game, from our end anyway.

If anything bothers me it's the way it happened. (Four dropped touchdowns or passes that could've possibly set up touchdowns).

Oh, and the refs were terrible. Not that they cost us the game or anything, but a simple task such as spotting the ball was an adventure today.

Same here. This team has never shown it can meet the expectations of a top program. We play great spoiler and take care of games we should win but we constantly fall on our face against quality programs. I will continue to be skeptical until we actually beat a solid program when we are supposed to.

So is this the official meltdown thread?

My thing is this. These are the reasons we have a hard time getting over the hump. these games affect recruiting. perception(very important btw), You know I understand what Watson and Gilmore are doing, I don't agree with it but its gotten to a point where if you cannot beat the big boys, then you have to go. The D played well and got some bad calls but that D line is not THAT good. Thenarse showed me today why he is a special teams player. Helu is intimidated by Texas. Niles and BK showed me they are all talk, disgusting considering how obvious their talent level is. Our Oline, To me did a good job pass blocking but run blocking was average to poor. REX absolutely choked. I'm not even gonna mention Niles again. I love you HAGG. Lavonte showed the mental lapses. You know people might say, I'm too critical but when you're the obvious better team and continue and continue to shoot yourselves in the foot, it gets hard to not be like this. We just set ourselves back. How funny is that the only bright spot on O is Zac mother effing LEE.

Oh and another thing, GILMORE, he's been on my last nerve. Stop worrying about all the effing blocking and teach your Wr's how to catch. Quit over stressing blocking! another reason he pisses me off. Cant recruit at all. Also is the reason my friend (curtis carter) didnt come to nebraska But we will not expand on that

I am not so disgusted in the result, as I have had this feeling since the end of the K State game that this would be the result. My disgust falls in the game itself.

1. Wats still hasn't learned that to beat a fast defense is not by continuing to attack the outsides of the defense but right up the gut.

2. Taylor sucks in the pocket and throwing the ball more often then not, but the drops killed him all day. Why not roll him out with a run/pass option? Let him do what he does best, and attmept to make plays with the threat of his feet.

3. The ref arguement is crap. The calls have never been there and I can't believe so many of you still make this arguement. We have gotten away with more than our share of holds this year.

4. Barney Cotton is also crap. I hated the hire when Bo made it and obviously it still hasn't payed dividends. Please don't let this talented crop of incoming OL be handicapped by this man.

this game had an Iowa State '09 feel to it..no matter what we did we weren't going to win. we shot ourselves in the head repeatedly. for those of you at the game, you are going to vomit when you see the ease of the dropped passes and the 28 points they cost in slow motion on ESPN for the rest of the day. Texas has our number and we are their bitch. 1-9 against them in last 12 years. there I said it. sloppy football, penalties, fumbles, dropped td passes, piss poor reads, poor technique, d line, o-line. I could go on. And now we know why we havent passed all year..its not because we haven't had to, its because we cant if we have to. we can when we are up by 30 to a inferior defense.

I just hope we can win out and try to get some kinda respect back in b 12 cg.

Worst effort since Iowa St. Both disgusting and embarrassing.

Coaching was crappy. Onside call... :wtf And how can you not challenge the Reed catch to keep that drive going??!!! And can't even get the defense lined up on the goal line? And burning stupid timeouts? It was a mess.

Stupid penalties. :bang

Ricky Thenarse needs to go to the bench. TX gets huge extra critical yards because he doesn't know how to tackle.

Niles Paul needs to see the bench. Dropping passses and nada in the punt return game. Finally we get somewhere with Hagg.

I am tired about hearing about our D-Line...stop living off the coattails of Suh and f'n play some ball! We are below-average...we get NO pressure on the QB. Gilbert is not that good or fast but we made him look world class...he would have crumbled under the pressure but we didn't get any on him. We need speed off the edge recruiting DE's in a very, very, very bad way.

The O-Line didn't get it done and gave our run game no chance...gotta think TX just has the better personnel and they did a great job in defensive coaching against us. Martinez and the zone read had no chance to even get started because they were in our backfield on the snap basically.

Even Burkhead and Kinnie (both usually reliable) drop TD passes? :facepalm:

Fumbles...ya guys wanna practice that ya think? :facepalm: :facepalm:

The one thing that I didn't think about in keys to this game was that the officials were NOT going to do us any favors...man did we get jobbed on some cheap calls and get some really BAD spots. When I saw this going down, I knew it wasn't our day. :steam

I feel kind of weird right now too... Not that upset. I really expected us to win this game, and thought there was no way we wouldn't step up to the challenge. I guess I've seen Texas beat us in so many stupid ways that for them to find another way isn't surprising anymore.

The last decade or so of husker football has made me able to swallow and even laugh at a loss. Iowa State was just... absurd... I couldn't do anything but laugh though the second half. This game was different. It was important AND I thought we would win. Of course, by the closing minutes of the 3rd quarter it was clear that play, penalties, or (to a degree which SHOULD have been insignificant) officiating was going to screw the team every step of the way. At that point, I was just riding the absurdity of it. I did get to know a few of the players last year, though, and felt pretty badly for them... that had to just suck.

The last decade or so of husker football has made me able to swallow and even laugh at a loss. Iowa State was just... absurd... I couldn't do anything but laugh though the second half. This game was different. It was important AND I thought we would win. Of course, by the closing minutes of the 3rd quarter it was clear that play, penalties, or (to a degree which SHOULD have been insignificant) officiating was going to screw the team every step of the way. At that point, I was just riding the absurdity of it. I did get to know a few of the players last year, though, and felt pretty badly for them... that had to just suck.

That is a good way to describe it...absurdity. Don't know what to say...we take a lot of losses that should never happen and they are completely absurd occurences...VA Tech, Iowa St., CCG last season...and now this absurdity. Call it sloppy or undisciplined and lack of execution...I guess Bo is right...but he has got to start manning up making sure his coaches and players are not this unprepared. The coaches and players were equally bad today.