Would a 11-2 season be a failure?

11-2 season would not be a failure, but we must win the north. the texas game hurt not because it was texas or because of our record against texas or that we should have won, it hurt because of how badly we underperformed and failed to execute. that is what makes it hard to swallow. it we win the north, i will be happy.

Bottom line is, if Nebraska loses to Ok.St., Mizzou is going to win the North, no doubt about it. I think Nebraska will beat Mizzou but it won't matter if we have 2 conference losses and they only have 1.

Mizzou has to play Oklahoma this week as well. If we beat them, and they already lost to OU, we'll each have 2 losses and we'll own the tiebreaker.

However, why don't we just beat Oklahoma State AND Missouri and not have to worry about anything else.

A freshman QB is usually good for 2 L's on their own. I have to think that if the Huskers go 11-2, it is a good year. The difference between 11-2 and 12-1, playing in the conference title game with an outside shot at a title game is minute. Huskers SHOULD beat ISU, KU and CU, has a great chance of beating OSU, MU and A&M, but I am not sure they get through all of them. The best QB in the history of this University lost to ISU as a frosh, so the unpredictable is predictable.

Anything less than a victory in the Big 12 Championship and a BCS birth would be considered a failure in my eyes. This team had national title aspirations.

I would argue that the FANS had National Title aspirations moreso than the team at some level. 11-2, win the North, get to the CCG game and everything after that is gravy

Anything less than a victory in the Big 12 Championship and a BCS birth would be considered a failure in my eyes. This team had national title aspirations.

I would argue that the FANS had National Title aspirations moreso than the team at some level. 11-2, win the North, get to the CCG game and everything after that is gravy

I agree, the goal was to win the Big XII this year. Granted they would've taken a National Title any day of the week, but the goal was the Conference. We are still two years away from a title shot IMO.

I would be happy with 11-2.

Me too.

I predicted a 10-3 record before the season started with a loss to Texas, a loss to either OSU or Missou or A&M (predicting we'd go 2-1 against that crew) and then a CCG loss to Texas or OU (seemingly, now that it has played out, to OU).

So... if we end up at 11-2 that would be great. I think, however we will end up 10 - 3 --- as I predicted before the season began --- I'll stick to my guns there.