So does Wats get any love today?

macroboy

I don't like Watson, so I'm sure that I fall into the "hater" category. That said, he called a good game today, making adjustments when necessary. I never said that the guy couldn't call a good game. However, one good game today doesn't vindicate him in my eyes. He needs to do this on a consistent basis against quality defenses. Honestly--and I'm not trying to start an argument, we didn't face a quality defense today. We SHOULD have scored a lot of points on them.

As long as there are posts like these wishing to vindicate Watson when he calls a good game, I'll be here to defend my stance about the guy. When he builds a history of winning clutch games against quality defenses, I'll change my opinion of him. Until then, I'll just hold my breath.

• Fire 1

I'm not a Watson hater, but I am a realist. The list of grievances against Watson is real, and is not obviated by a good game. Those bad games still happened, and should not have.

However, I don't see any reason to dedhoarse over Watson's issues today. He called a good game, he had a solid plan, and his guys executed it well. He did just fine today.

We roll over another very marginal defense and we're supposed to believe everything is just fine. Right.

You apologists will never understand we would just like a decent offense when we play a good defense. Zero TDs vs good defenses has been the norm for a long time now. But go ahead, carry on....

I don't like Watson, so I'm sure that I fall into the "hater" category. That said, he called a good game today, making adjustments when necessary. I never said that the guy couldn't call a good game. However, one good game today doesn't vindicate him in my eyes. He needs to do this on a consistent basis against quality defenses. Honestly--and I'm not trying to start an argument, we didn't face a quality defense today. We SHOULD have scored a lot of points on them.

As long as there are posts like these wishing to vindicate Watson when he calls a good game, I'll be here to defend my stance about the guy. When he builds a history of winning clutch games against quality defenses, I'll change my opinion of him. Until then, I'll just hold my breath.

:yeah Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm as tired of argueing in support of him as you are agrugeing against him. Your posts does make me wonder about a couple of things just to get your oppinon not to argue.

1.)What do you think of the 2008 season when the defense was still very much rebuilding, and it was Watson's offesne that made it a decent season?

2.)How much to last years poor performance can you atribute to the players lost (Ganz, Lucky, Castile, Swift, Peterson, Murtha, and Slauson) and the fact that our two biggest threats (Helu and Burkhead)played injured for a significant portion of the season?

3.)Does the obvious improvment this year overlast speak to you at all that last year may have just been a rebuilding year?

once agian not trying to pick a fight that has been picked a million times before and has no end just wanted to get your opinon (or for that matter the opinon of anyone who dislikes Watson)on those three questions.

Watson's always seemed to improve as a playcaller when we throw more. Today he let Martinez fling it around a little bit, and we looked good. Now, I'm not saying we should transform into Missouri or Oklahoma overnight, but this game should give us more confidence in throwing on 1st downs in the future.

What were OSU defensive stats coming in to this game? I don't know enough about it say if I like him or not. I like scoring. and winning. we did that.

Okie State ranked 114 against the pass coming into the game.

Well, then... credit to wats for winning the game in the air vs a horrible pass defense. So it would seem to me that with the way we won this game it is not looking great for us.

I am dringin now and dont know how to explain good, but basically I give him credit for actually exploiting their weakness, but not credit because it is their weakness.

OK im done now