osbornes hit

In the play with the near-goaline fumble, this is what we were so angry about in the stadium. After two chop block calls against NU, this happened in the open backfield near the ballcarrier...

This was huge because he was going to get creamed without that chop.

I can see why you'd be concerned about the block but it doesn't look like he's going to get creamed otherwise.

if you watch the reply courtney osborne is aiming for gabberts mid section with his eyes leading forward. gabbert knew he was gonna get hit so he kinda ducked to get ready for the hit and he got in osbornes way. if they suspened him its terrible

This is the hit.

You need a few frames prior to that. This one doesn't really address the question.

In the play with the near-goaline fumble, this is what we were so angry about in the stadium. After two chop block calls against NU, this happened in the open backfield near the ballcarrier...

I can see why you'd be concerned about the block but it doesn't look like he's going to get creamed otherwise.

Sure.

What's illegal about that block? As I understand it, that's not an illegal chop block which is performed by a blocker high and low.

What's illegal about that block? As I understand it, that's not an illegal chop block which is performed by a blocker high and low.

Nothing illegal about it, there was no other player engaged. I think people are just complaining about going after the legs (which are not protected there, as far as I know).

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

...well then...there is one who doesn't think the big 12(-2) has been screwing us for 15 years. I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Meh. I'm not saying it's been terrific for us in every way, but you can't always get what you want. It was an alright situation, I think. It was a good conference. What it boiled down to, what the Big 12 couldn't offer, was stability. Texas schools had too much clout and Nebraska was at risk of being hung out to dry if things started going in motion. So, we jumped ship. Good choice for us. But I don't understand all the animosity ...

While I don't think Osborne's hit was a suspendable offense, accident or not helmet-to-helmet could have been called by the officials as a penalty. So we should be thankful for that. Officials just let them play. Which I think was the right call.

You can't understand all the animosity? Well, how about all the 11-1 votes in the big 12(-2) meetings? How about the big 12(-2) deciding that the big 12(-2) title game will be in Texas forever...? How about the big 12(-2) splitting the conference in a way that protected the red river rivalry between texas and oklahoma while not giving a crap about the Nebraska/oklahoma rivalry? How about the conference allowing texas to negotiate their own tv deal and that idiot bebe totally dropping the ball on creating a big 12(-2) network that might actually benefit the rest of the conference? Of course the big 12(-2) didn't work hard for a big 12(-2) network. That would get in the way of texas' sweetheart tv deal. Ever since the creation of the big 12(-2) the conference has been texas, Nebraska, and the 10 schools that have been more than willing to be whores to the pimp that is the texas-run big 12(-2). Add to that the freakin' audacity of that jack-ass bebe to think he could give a legend like Tom Osborne an ultimatum. "You have a week to decide if you will commit to stay with the big 12(-2)." Yeah bebe you freakin moron, Osborne never needed a week in his life to make the right decision.

Why the animosity? Actually animosity is a colossal understatement!

1) 11-1 votes? Clearly we had an outlying opinion. One could say we did not philosophically connect with the other schools in the conference. And now we are in a better place where that's less true.

2) It certainly wasn't going to be moved to Nebraska, was it? I don't know too much about this one, but it isn't the biggest deal in the world, IMO.

3) Did we really want a Big 12 network? I thought we were making plans on a Nebraska network, before the Big Ten and their network came along. So we're not much different from UT. Looking out for ourselves here.

4) Oh, how dare they give Osborne an ultimatum for flaking on our commitment to the conference...did it hurt us? Why is it OK, for us to give a flaking recruit an ultimatum, then? The Big 12 has stability problems and were in a tough place in this conference realignment thing as well. It worked out well, though, as it accelerated our entrance to the Big 10.

5) It's a pity about the OU rivalry. From 100% (every season) to 50% to nothing. We chose to go from 50% to nothing. I'm sad we won't see them, but a surprising number of Husker fans seem completely fine with this. Regardless of how much tradition is uprooted by moving to the Big 10.

Did we not have a largely nice, and uneventful run in the Big 12? And aren't we going to a better place? Help me out here, to quantify the damage that was done to us in the Big 12. Again, I don't think it was perfect, but was it that horrendous either? In just over a decade we had something not work out and are moving on to the bigger and better things.

No matter what though, us opting to move will make us look a little bad, but that's unavoidable from a PR standpoint. It hasn't been all that bad really...has it?

if you watch the reply courtney osborne is aiming for gabberts mid section with his eyes leading forward. gabbert knew he was gonna get hit so he kinda ducked to get ready for the hit and he got in osbornes way. if they suspened him its terrible

This is the hit.

You need a few frames prior to that. This one doesn't really address the question.

Then it would be a "bad angle" or some other reason that reality doesn't match up with what's in your head.

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

...well then...there is one who doesn't think the big 12(-2) has been screwing us for 15 years. I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Meh. I'm not saying it's been terrific for us in every way, but you can't always get what you want. It was an alright situation, I think. It was a good conference. What it boiled down to, what the Big 12 couldn't offer, was stability. Texas schools had too much clout and Nebraska was at risk of being hung out to dry if things started going in motion. So, we jumped ship. Good choice for us. But I don't understand all the animosity ...

While I don't think Osborne's hit was a suspendable offense, accident or not helmet-to-helmet could have been called by the officials as a penalty. So we should be thankful for that. Officials just let them play. Which I think was the right call.

You can't understand all the animosity? Well, how about all the 11-1 votes in the big 12(-2) meetings? How about the big 12(-2) deciding that the big 12(-2) title game will be in Texas forever...? How about the big 12(-2) splitting the conference in a way that protected the red river rivalry between texas and oklahoma while not giving a crap about the Nebraska/oklahoma rivalry? How about the conference allowing texas to negotiate their own tv deal and that idiot bebe totally dropping the ball on creating a big 12(-2) network that might actually benefit the rest of the conference? Of course the big 12(-2) didn't work hard for a big 12(-2) network. That would get in the way of texas' sweetheart tv deal. Ever since the creation of the big 12(-2) the conference has been texas, Nebraska, and the 10 schools that have been more than willing to be whores to the pimp that is the texas-run big 12(-2). Add to that the freakin' audacity of that jack-ass bebe to think he could give a legend like Tom Osborne an ultimatum. "You have a week to decide if you will commit to stay with the big 12(-2)." Yeah bebe you freakin moron, Osborne never needed a week in his life to make the right decision.

Why the animosity? Actually animosity is a colossal understatement!

1) 11-1 votes? Clearly we had an outlying opinion. One could say we did not philosophically connect with the other schools in the conference. And now we are in a better place where that's less true.

2) It certainly wasn't going to be moved to Nebraska, was it? I don't know too much about this one, but it isn't the biggest deal in the world, IMO.

3) Did we really want a Big 12 network? I thought we were making plans on a Nebraska network, before the Big Ten and their network came along. So we're not much different from UT. Looking out for ourselves here.

4) Oh, how dare they give Osborne an ultimatum for flaking on our commitment to the conference...did it hurt us? Why is it OK, for us to give a flaking recruit an ultimatum, then? The Big 12 has stability problems and were in a tough place in this conference realignment thing as well. It worked out well, though, as it accelerated our entrance to the Big 10.

5) It's a pity about the OU rivalry. From 100% (every season) to 50% to nothing. We chose to go from 50% to nothing. I'm sad we won't see them, but a surprising number of Husker fans seem completely fine with this. Regardless of how much tradition is uprooted by moving to the Big 10.

Did we not have a largely nice, and uneventful run in the Big 12? And aren't we going to a better place? Help me out here, to quantify the damage that was done to us in the Big 12. Again, I don't think it was perfect, but was it that horrendous either? In just over a decade we had something not work out and are moving on to the bigger and better things.

No matter what though, us opting to move will make us look a little bad, but that's unavoidable from a PR standpoint. It hasn't been all that bad really...has it?

Well, I am not interested in doing one of those point-by-point discussions. I disagree with most of what you've said. I'll leave it at that. The one point I will disagree with is the Nebraska/ou rivalry. 50% of the time is not better than 0%. The rivalry was killed by the big 12(-2). It was not every year, it was not the last game of the season on rivalry weekend, it was not the day after Thanksgiving...it was ruined by the big 12(-2). And, although he has shown absolute class in the situation, Tom Osborne was sick of getting screwed by this conference. And I am with him.

Frankly, I am surprised by all the negativity directed toward Nebraska in your reply to my post. What do you have against Nebraska and Tom Osborne. I gotta admit, I am a little surprised to find a MOD on a Husker board who is so anti-Nebraska and pro-big 12(-2).

This is the hit.

Then it would be a "bad angle" or some other reason that reality doesn't match up with what's in your head.

I am not saying he did or didn't do it but this frame is not the point of impact. You cannot be serious about this.

Similar to Martin's hit the week before when the player tried to duck when he glimpsed Martin and we know how that ended....