osbornes hit

The Big 12 should be more worried about their review booth crew. Failed to review Reeds sideline catch against Texas and the fumble that Gabbert turned over. What game have these guys been watching. Reviewing worthless plays that's are obviously the right call and not reviewing crucial plays that are obvious that it was a catch, fumble, first down, etc

Gabbert's knee was down (with possession), wasn't it? They showed a pretty clear still frame of it during the review.

No -- the replay clearly showed it was a fumble. However, the referees blew the whistle on the play when the ball was picked up. Because the play was blown dead and ruled that Gabbert was down before the fumble, the referees upstairs can't review it.

Still BS if you ask me this needs fixed a lot of plays that haven't been reviewed the past the games that should've

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

well if you were watching other games, the guy from Virgina that laid out Harris from Miami got praised for a good legal hit :blink: WTF Harris won't recognize his momma for bout a week or 2! I would not be surprised if Merideth or Osbourne gets suspended this week, Merideths was about as common as I have ever seen!

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

...well then...there is one who doesn't think the big 12(-2) has been screwing us for 15 years. I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

The Big 12 should be more worried about their review booth crew. Failed to review Reeds sideline catch against Texas and the fumble that Gabbert turned over. What game have these guys been watching. Reviewing worthless plays that's are obviously the right call and not reviewing crucial plays that are obvious that it was a catch, fumble, first down, etc

Gabbert's knee was down (with possession), wasn't it? They showed a pretty clear still frame of it during the review.

No -- the replay clearly showed it was a fumble. However, the referees blew the whistle on the play when the ball was picked up. Because the play was blown dead and ruled that Gabbert was down before the fumble, the referees upstairs can't review it.

I think you and T-Nuts are talking about 2 different plays. Gabbert's knee was down and they reviewed it on the play near the goalline before NU made the goalline stand. Gabbert's knee was definitely not down on the HUGE hit he took that the ABC announcers thought was illegal. No review of that play even though it was clearly a fumble.

I think you and T-Nuts are talking about 2 different plays. Gabbert's knee was down and they reviewed it on the play near the goalline before NU made the goalline stand. Gabbert's knee was definitely not down on the HUGE hit he took that the ABC announcers thought was illegal. No review of that play even though it was clearly a fumble.

YOU CANNOT REVIEW THE PLAY IF THEY DIDN'T CALL THE FUMBLE ON THE FIELD.

Yeah, he'll suspend him. Even though no flag was thrown just like against OSU. That no review on Gabberts fumble was a bunch of B.S. Officiating sucked it up once again.

You can't review it if the fumble was not called on the field.

Not true. NCAA and NFL instituted a new policy before last year where a team CAN recover a fumble by review if it's part of the immediate action after the fumble. Basically if the other team gets possession of the ball immediately after the fumble. I certainly thought that was the case today, but we never got any kind of an explanation.

Yeah, he'll suspend him. Even though no flag was thrown just like against OSU. That no review on Gabberts fumble was a bunch of B.S. Officiating sucked it up once again.

You can't review it if the fumble was not called on the field.

Not true. NCAA and NFL instituted a new policy before last year where a team CAN recover a fumble by review if it's part of the immediate action after the fumble. Basically if the other team gets possession of the ball immediately after the fumble. I certainly thought that was the case today, but we never got any kind of an explanation.

I have never heard of that or seen it happen in college or NFL. Not saying it isn't possible, but that's not my understanding of the replay rules.

if you watch the reply courtney osborne is aiming for gabberts mid section with his eyes leading forward. gabbert knew he was gonna get hit so he kinda ducked to get ready for the hit and he got in osbornes way. if they suspened him its terrible

Terrible, but would not be surprising from Dan Beebe and the Tejas 10

YOU CANNOT REVIEW THE PLAY IF THEY DIDN'T CALL THE FUMBLE ON THE FIELD.

Look at the rule changes to reviews section.

"Ball Carrier Ruled Down (Rule 12-3-3-B). When a ball carrier is judged down by rule and the ball is fumbled, the play may be reviewed if the recovery of the ball occurs in the immediate action following the fumble and is prior to any official signaling that the ball is dead. However, if the replay official does not have indisputable video evidence as to which player recovers the fumble, the ruling of down-by-rule stands. If the call of down-by-rule is reversed, the ball belongs to the recovering player at the spot of the recovery and no advance is allowed."