osbornes hit

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

...well then...there is one who doesn't think the big 12(-2) has been screwing us for 15 years. I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Meh. I'm not saying it's been terrific for us in every way, but you can't always get what you want. It was an alright situation, I think. It was a good conference. What it boiled down to, what the Big 12 couldn't offer, was stability. Texas schools had too much clout and Nebraska was at risk of being hung out to dry if things started going in motion. So, we jumped ship. Good choice for us. But I don't understand all the animosity ...

While I don't think Osborne's hit was a suspendable offense, accident or not helmet-to-helmet could have been called by the officials as a penalty. So we should be thankful for that. Officials just let them play. Which I think was the right call.

Dan Beebe will have a PC to talk about these 'devastating hits'. Also during the PC he will introduce the new piece of safety equipment to protect all players from future incidents. Luckily, having sources, I was able to get a picture of what the new equipment will look like ..

man_pink_tutu.jpg

Outstanding, where have you been?

You're wrong TigerNuts it can and has happened plenty of times.

Fair enough. I've never seen or heard of this happening, NFL or college.

It's actually been this way in college since the inception of replay in 2005, only stipulation is the d was givin the ball at the spot of recovery. What really torks me off is why have the stupid officials in this conference not adjusted to the fact that replay does exist and to let the play carry on for a second or two longer with replay backing them up as the guys in the NFL had done within what? 3-4 weeks.

I think there's some serious overboard paranoia with this "Beebe has it in for Nebraska, he's going to suspend our players unjustly" line of thinking. It's like we want it to be true, so that there's something to hate. Extrapolating or fabricating viciously cruel stories in our minds to make ourselves feel better about loathing the Big 12. When really we are leaving for hopefully greener pastures, and haven't really been wronged here. Unless "not getting to exert our own will over the Big 12" counts as getting wronged.

...well then...there is one who doesn't think the big 12(-2) has been screwing us for 15 years. I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Meh. I'm not saying it's been terrific for us in every way, but you can't always get what you want. It was an alright situation, I think. It was a good conference. What it boiled down to, what the Big 12 couldn't offer, was stability. Texas schools had too much clout and Nebraska was at risk of being hung out to dry if things started going in motion. So, we jumped ship. Good choice for us. But I don't understand all the animosity ...

While I don't think Osborne's hit was a suspendable offense, accident or not helmet-to-helmet could have been called by the officials as a penalty. So we should be thankful for that. Officials just let them play. Which I think was the right call.

The animosity was generated by the way we were treated by not only Big 12 school officials but by a national perception as well not only during, but since the proceedings of changing conferences. trying to make it look like we were leaving because we cant beat Texas in football any more bla bla bla. Osborne is as honorable of a person as the world has seen, if he says we are in the right on this, i'm taking his word on it so the Big 12 and Beebe can ____________________! DUN

if you watch the reply courtney osborne is aiming for gabberts mid section with his eyes leading forward. gabbert knew he was gonna get hit so he kinda ducked to get ready for the hit and he got in osbornes way. if they suspened him its terrible

This is the hit.

post-1105-056189100 1288488309.jpg

You can't understand all the animosity? Well, how about all the 11-1 votes in the big 12(-2) meetings? How about the big 12(-2) deciding that the big 12(-2) title game will be in Texas forever...? How about the big 12(-2) splitting the conference in a way that protected the red river rivalry between texas and oklahoma while not giving a crap about the Nebraska/oklahoma rivalry? How about the conference allowing texas to negotiate their own tv deal and that idiot bebe totally dropping the ball on creating a big 12(-2) network that might actually benefit the rest of the conference? Of course the big 12(-2) didn't work hard for a big 12(-2) network. That would get in the way of texas' sweetheart tv deal. Ever since the creation of the big 12(-2) the conference has been texas, Nebraska, and the 10 schools that have been more than willing to be whores to the pimp that is the texas-run big 12(-2). Add to that the freakin' audacity of that jack-ass bebe to think he could give a legend like Tom Osborne an ultimatum. "You have a week to decide if you will commit to stay with the big 12(-2)." Yeah bebe you freakin moron, Osborne never needed a week in his life to make the right decision.

Why the animosity? Actually animosity is a colossal understatement!

In the play with the near-goaline fumble, this is what we were so angry about in the stadium. After two chop block calls against NU, this happened in the open backfield near the ballcarrier...

This was huge because he was going to get creamed without that chop.

post-1105-024011700 1288488473.jpg