Blane Gabbert

I don't think it's much of an argument whether Gabbert is a good QB or not. He's outstanding. But I have to say that as much as you can probably blame the O-line not protecting him yesterday, he did a lot of dancing, sometimes before the pressure had actually reached him. He's developing a reputation for collapsing under pressure and getting rattled, which is going to be a shame when he finds four NFL-caliber linemen swarming around him. He burned a ton of timeouts, made some careless throws (and a few excellent ones).

You'd like to think he'd benefit from another year in college, but I'm not sure he's going to get as good of coaching at Mizzou as he might with a pro-style team.

Without Gabbert, that game is a ridiculous blowout. The completions he did make were pinpoint passes. The secondary coverage was unbelievable all day. Not sure if I have seen coverage like that by NU ever. Gabbert is a stud and attempted to carry that team.

• Fire 1

Gabbert is a damned fine QB, and we're lucky he plays behind that O Line - or maybe it's better to say that we're lucky our D Line has such great production against their O Line.

Put Gabbert on a lot of teams with better O Lines, better skill players, and we're talking about him winning major awards.

I would have loved to have him here at Nebraska, but I'm darned glad the way things worked out.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Oklahoma/Missouri game, but when I was re-watching part of yesterday's game on ESPN 3 this morning, the announcers said Gabbert had practically more pressure on him the first passing play then he had the entire game against Oklahoma.

Missouri has a good offensive line with at least a couple of juniors on it. I think yesterday was our defense finally getting the pressure we've been looking for all season. Plus, Missouri's offense is the EXACT offense Pelini has tailored his defense to shut down and embarrass.

Plus, Missouri's offense is the EXACT offense Pelini has tailored his defense to shut down and embarrass.

Yep, I've been saying this for a while now. We play(ed) Missouri every year, and while OSU and others have a similar offense and some are better, Missouri's was the single greatest threat to our defense because of the frequency with which we play(ed).

I would have to say that this is "Mission Accomplished." Bo went 2-1 against this offense, largely shutting them down twice.

Plus, Missouri's offense is the EXACT offense Pelini has tailored his defense to shut down and embarrass.

Yep, I've been saying this for a while now. We play(ed) Missouri every year, and while OSU and others have a similar offense and some are better, Missouri's was the single greatest threat to our defense because of the frequency with which we play(ed).

I would have to say that this is "Mission Accomplished." Bo went 2-1 against this offense, largely shutting them down twice.

Agreed, and our sole loss came in his first season of trying to implement said defense. Gotta feel pretty good about that.

He started scrambling before anyone was near him. On almost every pass play. The commentators noted this, too.

Once Gabbert realized his o-line wasn't holding, he played spooked. Unfotunately, those happy feet work in his favor after 10 seconds when the pass rush is behind him, the receivers have stretched the field and there's 30 yards without a defender. He's not that fast, but he does have a bit of the Scott Frost in him.

:yeah Gabbert looked really spooked. I guess the defensive pressure was really getting into his head. He just looked like he had no sense of what was going on in the pocket. On a lot of plays, if he had just stepped up in the pocket he could have delivered a nice ball.

I respect Gabbert and don't hold anything against him at all, but I'm really glad that he is 0-2 against us.

I think he has the potential to be a high draft pick because of his size, arm strength, and mobility... however his mechanics are terrible. His progression and pre snap reads need work. Also he has terrible footwork after his initial read and gets what many call happy feet. There were double digits where he began to scramble at times he should have stood in the pocket and delivered the ball (although there was great coverage) he bailed out way to early and way to often. He has alot of work to do in taking his drops if he wants to succeed at this and the next level.