Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

Can Roy Helu throw a football?

I'm expecting him to sometime this season. He's only been wearing one glove for the last few games.

Yep. Check my sig.

whos that dood that looks like ray malaloogaa, that must be why r defense r so good. ;)

Thats Roy Helu, and hes a runningback.

IMO we could line up Bo's son at QB, as long as he can hand the ball off we can just blow ISU off the line and power run them for 4 qts. I say we still win by 17.

Green will be just fine....

Rex will get a lot of looks in the wildcat

Huskers will win by 20.

not worried.

I have utter confidence that we can beat this ISU team with Ron Kellogg, Jr and Dontraveous Robinson starting.

Seriously, people. Calm down.

I'll be shocked if Iowa State scores more than 13 points on us. There is nothing to worry about.

45-9 good guys, I don't care if I line up behind center tomorrow! This game will not be close.

The cyclones will be found to be nothing more than a stiff breeze or a gentle fart, regardless of who's taking the snaps.

irieboy8, once was enough. green will exceed your expectations, i guarantee.

I was baffled by these sentiments before the game, and they turned out to be as unfounded as I expected. These are not the mid-90s Huskers despite one great rushing performance against MU, and these certainly aren't the mid-90s Cyclones. I watched ISU handle a pretty talented Texas team just two weeks ago, and people were pretending like we could run Power I Iso every play and win by 5 TDs. Very confusing.

Our defense looked impressive with a scheme tailor made for Missouri, but that doesn't suddenly make them as dominant as late last year. Our defensive line is still suspect at times and our DBs missed tackles and played some passes pretty poorly today.

Bottom line is we are probably 2-3 touchdowns better than ISU with Martinez and Dennard, but without either it's absolutely no surprise that ISU came within one play of beating us again.

although green did not exceed expectations, i would not say i am disappointed in him. the whole team played poorly, except maybe the o-line and burkhead. i did underestimate isu or overestimated nu, maybe both. nu needs more consistency, regardless of who is taking snaps.

i think i blame the coaches. you have to play to win, you can not play not to lose.

Thats bullcrap I wanna knoe how they found out b4 hand. hmmm makes u wonder is bo really the right guy for us?? i say no 2day was the final straw on him . And bo and watson both said he would play this weekend also. we aint back yet . we will loose 6 games atleast next year and I have to be stupid to think we beat ohio state next year . Bo aint gonna let us beat them and thats wrong . Tom should fire his ass for real. This game was fixxed and iam not happy by it either.

Thats bullcrap I wanna knoe how they found out b4 hand. hmmm makes u wonder is bo really the right guy for us?? i say no 2day was the final straw on him . And bo and watson both said he would play this weekend also. we aint back yet . we will loose 6 games atleast next year and I have to be stupid to think we beat ohio state next year . Bo aint gonna let us beat them and thats wrong . Tom should fire his ass for real. This game was fixxed and iam not happy by it either.

Ghost please shut up

:facepalm: My first ever.... On a good one...

Your right, fire the guy that has brought us to Number 7 in the BCS....

although green did not exceed expectations, i would not say i am disappointed in him. the whole team played poorly, except maybe the o-line and burkhead. i did underestimate isu or overestimated nu, maybe both. nu needs more consistency, regardless of who is taking snaps.

i think i blame the coaches. you have to play to win, you can not play not to lose.

Yeah, I agree the Oline & Rex were easily the two best assets we had in that game. Heh, maybe the "only" assets we had.

Oh boy, what sloppy disgusting game.

IMO we could line up Bo's son at QB, as long as he can hand the ball off we can just blow ISU off the line and power run them for 4 qts. I say we still win by 17.

Green will be just fine....

Rex will get a lot of looks in the wildcat

Huskers will win by 20.

not worried.

I have utter confidence that we can beat this ISU team with Ron Kellogg, Jr and Dontraveous Robinson starting.

Seriously, people. Calm down.

I'll be shocked if Iowa State scores more than 13 points on us. There is nothing to worry about.

45-9 good guys, I don't care if I line up behind center tomorrow! This game will not be close.

The cyclones will be found to be nothing more than a stiff breeze or a gentle fart, regardless of who's taking the snaps.

irieboy8, once was enough. green will exceed your expectations, i guarantee.

I was baffled by these sentiments before the game, and they turned out to be as unfounded as I expected. These are not the mid-90s Huskers despite one great rushing performance against MU, and these certainly aren't the mid-90s Cyclones. I watched ISU handle a pretty talented Texas team just two weeks ago, and people were pretending like we could run Power I Iso every play and win by 5 TDs. Very confusing.

Our defense looked impressive with a scheme tailor made for Missouri, but that doesn't suddenly make them as dominant as late last year. Our defensive line is still suspect at times and our DBs missed tackles and played some passes pretty poorly today.

Bottom line is we are probably 2-3 touchdowns better than ISU with Martinez and Dennard, but without either it's absolutely no surprise that ISU came within one play of beating us again.

Yep, Tmart is worth 2 or 3 TDs to the offense quite easily over the other two qbs. Without him, we're not a lot better than last year's offense. Oh, the Oline has improved a bunch but we don't believe in using the power run game anyway.

The bottom line this year is when we play good teams we "must" have Tmart in there.

You should only have been baffled by those sentiments if you thought that Dennard alone was the difference--maker on defense. For my part, my confidence in beating this team handily without TMart or Dennard came from the observed quality of play that ISU had throughout the year. This ISU team isn't infallible, and they've played not just poorly but atrociously at times.

Further, to presume that we would be in a dogfight is to presume that for the second straight year Nebraska would commit boneheaded penalties/turnovers while, for the second straight year, ISU played the best game of their season against us. It is not unreasonable to presume that they shot their wad against Texas. It is not unreasonable to presume that their lackluster offense and mediocre defense would play to form against us. It was less likely that they would miraculously play like a Top 25 team this game while we played well below our level.

The prevailing wisdom in my post depended upon the trends of both teams, their relative talent levels, and their displayed tendencies. I have no shame in what I predicted, and I would make the same prediction again.