Paul Rhoads

The fake didn't surprise me and it was there. What did surprise me is that they took a knee with all of their timeouts in regulation and they really only needed about 30 yards to at least give their kicker a shot with the wind. They had the momentum and even if they throw an interception we didn't have any timeouts and we're heading into the win. Needless to say, I may have lost a couple of years off of my life. Great coach, great game. Early thanksgiving.

Don't know who the AD is at ISU, but the guy has an eye for talent. Two home runs in a row--Rhodes and Chizik. (I am one of the few who thought Gene Chizik was a better coach than his record at ISU indicated.)

Balls of steel. He had his Osborne moment today.

it was not an osborne moment though. to's moment was pure class. if he kicked the pat, we tie and win a national championship. he went for two our of respect for the game. there was no overtime back then.

cpr, although courageous, was playing the odds. if you can win the game against a top ten team with one play, you take it.

and i agree with the op, if you are going for two, put your offense on the field. they were doing fine and had momentum. i was more afraid of the offense taking the field than a fake field goal. not too mention, who tries to block a pat at that point? play the odds, give up the field goal, but watch for the fake.

Balls of steel. He had his Osborne moment today.

it was not an osborne moment though. to's moment was pure class. if he kicked the pat, we tie and win a national championship. he went for two our of respect for the game. there was no overtime back then.

cpr, although courageous, was playing the odds. if you can win the game against a top ten team with one play, you take it.

and i agree with the op, if you are going for two, put your offense on the field. they were doing fine and had momentum. i was more afraid of the offense taking the field than a fake field goal. not too mention, who tries to block a pat at that point? play the odds, give up the field goal, but watch for the fake.

I'm not saying it measures up to TO's moment ... I'm saying it was HIS Osborne moment. If that makes sense. Should quit drinkin', prolly.