Just To Clear This Up...

I understand that some posters here were miffed about my "Man Up" post. For those of you who had such kind words for Cy, I'll try to put that post into perspective:

I've followed Nebraska football since I was 10. You grow up in Southwest Iowa and you have to be a fan. It's written into the state constitution (look it up if you don't believe me). I've lived and died with the Huskers before some of the posters here were even immoral thoughts between brothers and sisters. Most of you posters only know names like Glover, Tagge, Humm and Rogers from old YouTube videos but I watched them every Saturday either on TV or from a seat in Memorial Stadium if my uncle was feeling benevolent and invited me to Lincoln to catch a game with him. I cheered with every win and threw stuff at the TV every time Switzer managed to cheat Oklahoma to victory. Got my mouth washed out with soap for the very first time in 1972 for calling the Oklahoma kicker an SOB in a house full of Thanksgiving guests (can't remember the guy's name but he's still an SOB).

Wanted to play for Nebraska after high school but that big sissy Todd Frain got the scholarship that rightfully belonged to me so went to Iowa State to play some ball. Got to experience Memorial stadium from the field...which is where I spent most of my time since my football career consisted of being knocked down a lot in Lincoln...and Ames...and every other Big 8 college town. But, got to be run over, spit on and kicked by a lot of legendary Nebraska players from the early 80's. Didn't like it much but respected the fact that they were Nebraska and I was a special teams doofus from Iowa State (who got a lot of actual playing time during a couple of those blowouts...1983 comes to mind). After graduation, I still followed and cheered for both teams.

But enough history. The reason I posted what I did was that because, no matter what the outcome of the game turned out to be (you won...I admit it)...an era was over. There will never be another chance for Iowa State to ever get another shot to upset Nebraska. Never. All the years watching and then playing against Nebraska, getting crushed year afte year but still getting up and saying "wait till next year" and waiting till the next year rolled around and getting crushed again...repeat ad nauseum...This game was it. The last chance to ever get a shot at the upset. And it was right there. For five seconds I dared to think that THIS was the year. Our final shot at glory after all the huge beatings over the past 50 years! But, no...the Huskers win again and the games between ISU and Nebraska after a century...are finished. The Huskers will go on and forge a new tradition in the Big 10 while the Cyclones will be stuck in a rinky dink conference in a rinky dink stadium against rinky dink opposition...paraphrasing Vince Lombardi.

There you go...for those of you who accused me of being a troll. Yeah...I signed up years ago to lull you into a sense of false security till I could spring the Troll Surprise on you at an opportune moment...and for those who accuse Knapple of favoritism. I can only call bullsh#t on that. I don't know the guy and he doesn't know me and we've disagreed as much with each other as we've agreed. I respect the guy but I don't owe him any favors and he doesn't owe me any. I say what I want regardless.

Good luck in the Big 10. Demolish Iowa. Maybe we'll see you on the field again sometime if you ever start playing WAC opponents in the future. I'll keep cheering for Nebraska and throwing stuff at the TV on Saturdays since the Big 10 Network announcers are all homers and suck and stuff.

• Fire 7

Good luck in the Big 10. Demolish Iowa. Maybe we'll see you on the field again sometime if you ever start playing WAC opponents in the future. I'll keep cheering for Nebraska and throwing stuff at the TV on Saturdays since the Big 10 Network announcers are all homers and suck and stuff.

I will think of you every ISU televised home game (what, once or twice every three years?) shoving big metal pole into the dirt/mud/frozen tundra of JTS. They should hire you to do a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

Cy, no explanation was needed. We know who you have been, who you are and how you feel about Nebraska. We understand your love for the place you played.

Never a harsh thought form me sir. I have enjoyed you every time you have posted. I look forward to your future posts.

The Huskers and Cyclones will play again, one day. And I'm sure the past two meetings will be brought up time and time again. Cyclones have a great coach in Rhoads and I hope they keep him around for a long time, he is building that program into a very good football team. Personally i don't think ISU would go WAC, i think it would turn out to be Conference USA or Big East, i could be wrong. I don't know you too much Cy, but your pretty easy to get along with. I like it when people speak their minds, no matter the consequence.

I gotta give you mad props for playing against the Huskers but you still rooted for them. :corndance

Cy..dude..I understood your posts. I know you're not a troll and genuinely miss your predictions this year. I remember you posting something about personal stuff and hope things are going well for you. You know how some fans get. A little worked up would be an understatement. I hope you stick around in the following years. Thinking about it now, I guess ISU or Kansas will be my favorite BigTex conference team. That was a heartbreaking loss for ISU and a cardiac inducing win for NU. I really enjoyed the game, I like cardiac moments. It was what college football is all about. Playing hard, letting it all hang out. The player trying to take Burkhead's head off not withstanding, it was a dramatic well played game. That ISU coach is fun to watch. Rhoads seems like he really gets into what he's doing and goes ballz out for his players. You think those boys would run through a few walls for him? Hellz yes they would. Gotta love it! Glad we survived. Good luck in the future. Kick the snot outta Texass for us, would ya? We couldn't seem to get that particular job done. :wasted

cy, i think i speak for a lot of huskerboard. the only real bad move you could make would be leaving the board. i am excited to follow isu in the future, and i hope you are around to give perspective on husker and cyclone football with your, at times esoteric, wit and humor. best wishes.

oh, and for that thread in question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePxbFQ-qfw

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound