Projected 2011 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

2011/2012 Depth Chart

Look out for these freshman that might not start initially, but will see the field plenty.

RB Aaron Green

RB Braylon Heard

SS Corey Cooper

WR Jamal Turner

DT Chase Rome

DB Daimion Stafford (JUCO Transfer)

Offense 7 *Returning Starter

QB *Taylor Martinez (Soph)

RB *Rex Burkhead (Jr) /Aaron Green (Fresh)/ Braylon Heard (Fresh)

WR *Brandon Kinnie (Sr), Quincy Enunwa (Soph), Stanley-Jean (Soph)

TE *Ben Cotton (Jr) / *Kyler Reed (Jr)

LT *Jeremiah Sirles (Soph)

LG Andrew Rodriguez (Soph)

C *Mike Caputo (Sr)

RG Brent Qvale (Soph)

RT *Marcel Jones (Sr)

Defense 7

DE *Cameron Meredith (Jr)

DT *Jared Crick (Sr), *Baker Steinkuhler (Jr)

DE Jason Ankrah (Soph)

LB *Lavonte David (Sr), *Will Compton (Jr)

CB *Alfonzo Dennard (Sr), Ciante Evans (Soph)

SS Courtney Osbourne (Jr)

FS P.J. Smith (Jr)

N *Austin Cassidy (Sr)

I think u mean 2011?

Yeah, we're stacked. Always need a good youth push mixed with TESTED veterans. Sometimes a Senior laden team doesn't mean much if those players aren't game tested or have quality experience. Plus, knowing u could lose your job to a younger player always keeps u busting. No nepotism on Bo's teams it seems

Big Ern,

I love the excitement. I just wanted to post before people start the "we still have 4 games left this year". I agree, the young talent in the starting lineup along with the depth is a good thing for Husker Football going forward. I think we are seeing those befefits already this year. I'm most excited for our offense in 2 years when these guys are in the system for a while.

Martinez (jr) better passer, hopefully bigger stronger

Burkhead (sr) wow

Green (soph) bigger and stronger

Heard (soph) assuming he makes it, bigger, stronger, faster

Enunwa (jr) I really like him

Reed (sr)

cotton (sr)

NU's oline!!!!!

A Rod (jr)

Qvale, Sirles (sr)

Our entire 2011 oline recruiting class (rs fresh, soph)

It is very easy to get excited about the future; it definately looks bright!!!

ps. As long as Pelini is here, our defense will always be good to great with the rare occasional season in the middle of the pack. Nebraska is a "name brand" again IMHO.

There's one change i have to make..and thats Sirles. Yes he's talented and intelligent and will be a future star and possible all american. but I believe the only thing stopping Yoshi is the mental game. and he will be in much greater shape next year. Sirles is good but Yoshi has freak, top NFL left tackle talent written all over him

I had this idea last night that Crick would be good at End in the Big 10. Outside of a few teams in the Big 12, there isn't much size. Going to the Big 10 could be a rude awakening in that area of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If there is another tackle who can really stop the run, I could see Crick moving out to End on occasion to stop the run, especially if we use the same peso defense.

Do you think there's a chance we see packages against teams like Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU, and even OSU where we run the traditional set with David, Compton, and Fisher?

:lol: Just tempering some enthusiasm!

I think it's important to not get too caught up in hype and things like that, and instead realize there's a lot of uncertainty about how the team will do the next few years, in spite of some promise. The hype destroyed people's views of Cody Green and Marlon Lucky, and I'm just worried it could also destroy people's perception of Bo Pelini. Right now people think this staff is walking on water, and that we are on the up and up and headed for MNC contention. Same thing we all thought before '07. I think next year we will be fortunate to maintain the success we have had this year and last, just because it's going to take a lot of work to do so. Not to mention, our monster '11 schedule.

Also we should keep in mind, Enunwa and SJB were Curenski Gilleylen and Chris Brooks not too long ago. It didn't take long for people to start jumping on Cure for having bad hands when it's not even the case, but he definitely hasn't produced/had much chances lately. And for every stud we identify early (like Helu), there are a bunch whose star falls for one reason or another (Anthony Blue, Jaivorio Burkes, even Zac Lee, who was supposed to be seriously pushing for the job in 2008), and others that just take a few years to get going (Hagg, Prince).