Whoever Makes the Fiesta Bowl Will Blow Pitt Out!

The RANT

Wateching Pitt play against UCONN tonight has been brutal. Whoever plays them in the Fiesta Bowl will blow them out! Thoughts about Nebraska vs. Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl?

It will be an un-imaginably thorough display of Husker ass whooping, the likes of which haven't been seen since the 2000 Alamo Bowl shellacking of lowly Northwestern.

:bonesflag:

I seriously doubt the BCS would select Pitt if they weren't an AQ for winning the Big East. It is looking like they might possibly drop the game tonite to UConn (although every time I mention another team losing here on HB, they always find a way to win).

It's too bad the winner of the Big East gets a guaranteed spot. I'd much rather play Iowa/Ohio St./Sparty, or even Penn St. I have no problem playing the second or third team in the Big 10. It'd be a chance to scout the new conference a bit early, and any of those teams would roll Pitt anyway. Oh well, guess we'll just have to stick to rolling Pederson... IF we handle business like we should ;)

Wateching Pitt play against UCONN tonight has been brutal. Whoever plays them in the Fiesta Bowl will blow them out! Thoughts about Nebraska vs. Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl?

It will be an un-imaginably thorough display of Husker ass whooping, the likes of which haven't been seen since the 2000 Alamo Bowl shellacking of lowly Northwestern.

:bonesflag:

I work with an ass that went to Northwestern. I remind him about that on a fairly regular basis.

I seriously doubt the BCS would select Pitt if they weren't an AQ for winning the Big East. It is looking like they might possibly drop the game tonite to UConn (although every time I mention another team losing here on HB, they always find a way to win).

It's too bad the winner of the Big East gets a guaranteed spot. I'd much rather play Iowa/Ohio St./Sparty, or even Penn St. I have no problem playing the second or third team in the Big 10. It'd be a chance to scout the new conference a bit early, and any of those teams would roll Pitt anyway. Oh well, guess we'll just have to stick to rolling Pederson... IF we handle business like we should ;)

A conference should be required to forfeit their AQ status for the year if they don't have a single team ranked in the top 25.

Is there any chance we don't play the winner of the Big East?

Unlikely. The Fiesta Bowl takes the Big 12 champ(if not taken by the champ game) and picks based on the order for the year, and the Fiesta picks last this year. And the Big Least champ is going to be picked last. Its a damned travesty that the Big east gets an auto bid and the Mountain West does not. Hell the 3rd place Mountain team would be in it for the Big Least title.