So how happy are you Huskers to be going to the Big Ten?

I'm estatic with the academic prestige and the potential for research grants that the university will have. I am happy that we are in a stable conference that isn't being ran for the benefit of one program.

I am not thrilled about the style of football that we will be playing against in the future, and I am concerned that our baseball team may never again get to the CWS playing in a northern conference.

Academics, economically, and stability: estatic.

Athletic quality: meh.

Edit: Estatic to get away from the ignorance and the coruption that is Dan Beebe, and no more pay per views.

Edited by 74Hunter

It is a great conference. I'm jealous, if only for the benefits of the Big Ten network alone. If I had a "BIG10" button here on my desk that would whisk A&M away, I'd hit it in a heartbeat. Plus midwesterners are good people and great fans, except for tOSU fans, who are EVIL. They kick babies and cheer for cancer. Remember that, mmkay. GO BLUE. :)

I'm still on the fence. I think what happnened last June was a knee-jerk reaction, but was ultimately the right one. I will miss the history of the BIG XII/BIG 8 (although it was voted that the BIG XII would be a stand-alone conference and not truely recognize the history of the Big 8 as their own). I am sure the BIG 10 will bring plenty of good memories. When you look at the state of BIG XII----it doesn't look bright from any angle. There was 8 teams that all wanted out (all the south teams/NU/Buffs). The conference is truely in a sad state, and it doesn't look like it will get any better in the near future. In the end I will be pro-Big 10! (it just may take some time)

I don't know many Huskers but I assume ecstatic? Is it bittersweet at all? I live in Big Ten country with the biggest Michigan fan you'll ever meet and people here are excited to have you.

I will most likely be seeing you guys at the Big House in Ann Arbor on November 19th (EDIT: 2011). FYI, it's COLD here. ;)

For me, it's bittersweet. I understand it's probably good for the school, but it's sad, nonetheless, to leave the only conference I've really known Nebraska to be in. And outside of the top few teams, none of the other Big Ten schools really interest me.

Estatic to get away from the ignorance and the coruption that is Dan Beebe, and no more pay per views.

I find the Big Ten Commish Delany terrifying...I don't mean that as a compliment or a putdown, just as an absolute truth. He will do anything, and I mean, anything, to fortify, improve and protect the Big Ten. Just read "Death to the BCS." Delany took pride in making Beebe his **tch, only calling him the night before the official announcement to let Beebe know that he'd just poached one of his most storied programs. He's the kind of guy you'd want on your side, and definitely not against you.

Pretty excited. On the flip side there is something about not playing the teams we have played against for so long that I will miss too. I guess change is inevitable. I would love to schedule a Missouri or K-State or any Big 12 team down the road, I guess part of me will miss these games and not just for the final score.

Mixed feelings here. The conference as a whole is stronger, it's a better fit for the entire athletic department and will be financially better.

Change is sometimes good but sometimes it's disastrous too (Callahan). Goodbye to all the old Big 8 teams, close road trips and the chance of ever evening out the lopsided series with UT. I'll miss A&M too since we've had some classic games with your squad and the Aggie fans are great.

It's probably not going to sink in for a lot of people until Ohio State comes to town next year that there's no going back.

It is a great conference. I'm jealous, if only for the benefits of the Big Ten network alone. If I had a "BIG10" button here on my desk that would whisk A&M away, I'd hit it in a heartbeat. Plus midwesterners are good people and great fans, except for tOSU fans, who are EVIL. They kick babies and cheer for cancer. Remember that, mmkay. GO BLUE. :)

I don't know you, but I luuuuuvvv you!!!

Is that possible?!