"Old Taylor" back?

Skers!

Nebraska has top shelf doctors and a coaching staff that has seen more screwed up body parts than a lot of us put together. I trust they know what they're doing in handling a Franchise QB. I drank the :koolaid2: that Bo poured when he got here. I am brainwashed and there's no turning back. If he started Eric Martin at QB this Saturday I would find away to justify it :sarcasm

• Fire 1

I have heard several different things regarding TMart. I do have a few people that I trust when it comes to information. What they have said about this has turned out to be totally false. TMart will not be 100% for this game, nor will he be for next week.

Surprizingly, regardless of if TMart is 100% or not I have had zero worries about this game. I have a great feeling about this one and I really think that you will see us win in convincing fashion. Look for there to be a clear cut drop-off in play between our defense and their offense. Twenty-four points will do it.

I have heard several different things regarding TMart. I do have a few people that I trust when it comes to information. What they have said about this has turned out to be totally false. TMart will not be 100% for this game, nor will he be for next week.

Surprizingly, regardless of if TMart is 100% or not I have had zero worries about this game. I have a great feeling about this one and I really think that you will see us win in convincing fashion. Look for there to be a clear cut drop-off in play between our defense and their offense. Twenty-four points will do it.

After reading this why do I have a feeling I should bet 1000 on Texas A & M. :dunno

Call me crazy, but I think T-Mart is going to be fine. A couple of things:

1) If there was a game to play T-Mart in between Iowa State and Kansas, it would have been Iowa State. Yet Taylor was totally out of the equation for Iowa State and played against KU.

2) You don't go from "can't play at all" to "taking every snap" in a 7-day period with an ankle injury unless it wasn't that severe to begin with.

3) You don't go from "50%" in one half to "75%" based solely on injury improvement alone.'

What's my point? I think Taylor was probably ~70% when the Iowa State game rolled around and Pelini made the decision to give him a rest and let Cody Green start. For the most part, the gamble paid off. Remember, with Martinez on the bench, we went up 24-10 in the fourth quarter. The game shifted too quickly for anyone to predict. Iowa State gets a touchdown with ~9:00 left to go 24-17, but Pelini was probably thinking, "No big deal. We'll put together a long drive to burn time off. Our D will get a stop, then will run out the clock and go home 24-17." Paul fumbles and it's 24-24 in a flash. So why not put Martinez in at that point? Because he was cold and nicked up and throwing him in the game wouldn't have been much better (if not worse) than staying with Green. Fortunately, we dodged a bullet.

By the time the Kansas game rolled around, I think Martinez could have gone all out if necessary. But everything about the way we played screamed, "Scrimmage." Why else did we continue to throw on our game-ending drive as if in a two-minute offense? We ran through a lot of different looks that game, including the Wildcat. It seemed to me that Watson was taking it as an opportunity for Martinez to drill his passing and connect with the receivers. Martinez didn't run very often at all and still got 71 yards. Point being, when he needed to drop the hammer, he did. Any lack of production by Martinez was due to scheming, not his inability.

Let me close with this: Bo is well known for being deceptive about injuries, but he doesn't do it to annoy the fans. Far from it. He is clearly trying to confuse our opponents and knows that he won't be able to do that unless he keeps things obscure for EVERYONE. It's like the government and the CIA: it's in our own best interest that we don't know the full story. If you accept that, then do you think it's possible that Bo wanted A&M to suspect that Martinez may be wounded and come into the game a little unprepared for a fully healthy team? To me, everything we did in the Kansas game was preparation for A&M, including Pelini not wanting to show A&M how healthy Martinez is.

71 yards is just enough to let Martinez work through the gears but without letting on that he is tip top. I think he's going to be fine.

:bigredn:

1) If there was a game to play T-Mart in between Iowa State and Kansas, it would have been Iowa State. Yet Taylor was totally out of the equation for Iowa State and played against KU.

2) You don't go from "can't play at all" to "taking every snap" in a 7-day period with an ankle injury unless it wasn't that severe to begin with.

3) You don't go from "50%" in one half to "75%" based solely on injury improvement alone.'

What's my point? I think Taylor was probably ~70% when the Iowa State game rolled around and Pelini made the decision to give him a rest and let Cody Green start. For the most part, the gamble paid off. Remember, with Martinez on the bench, we went up 24-10 in the fourth quarter. The game shifted too quickly for anyone to predict. Iowa State gets a touchdown with ~9:00 left to go 24-17, but Pelini was probably thinking, "No big deal. We'll put together a long drive to burn time off. Our D will get a stop, then will run out the clock and go home 24-17." Paul fumbles and it's 24-24 in a flash. So why not put Martinez in at that point? Because he was cold and nicked up and throwing him in the game wouldn't have been much better (if not worse) than staying with Green. Fortunately, we dodged a bullet.

By the time the Kansas game rolled around, I think Martinez could have gone all out if necessary. But everything about the way we played screamed, "Scrimmage." Why else did we continue to throw on our game-ending drive as if in a two-minute offense? We ran through a lot of different looks that game, including the Wildcat. It seemed to me that Watson was taking it as an opportunity for Martinez to drill his passing and connect with the receivers. Martinez didn't run very often at all and still got 71 yards. Point being, when he needed to drop the hammer, he did. Any lack of production by Martinez was due to scheming, not his inability.

Let me close with this: Bo is well known for being deceptive about injuries, but he doesn't do it to annoy the fans. Far from it. He is clearly trying to confuse our opponents and knows that he won't be able to do that unless he keeps things obscure for EVERYONE. It's like the government and the CIA: it's in our own best interest that we don't know the full story. If you accept that, then do you think it's possible that Bo wanted A&M to suspect that Martinez may be wounded and come into the game a little unprepared for a fully healthy team? To me, everything we did in the Kansas game was preparation for A&M, including Pelini not wanting to show A&M how healthy Martinez is.

71 yards is just enough to let Martinez work through the gears but without letting on that he is tip top. I think he's going to be fine.

Well said and well thought out ........ you must be on a graveyard shift because I could not type this much this late if not at work.

Well said and well thought out ........ you must be on a graveyard shift because I could not type this much this late if not at work.

Haha, thanks. Not graveyard shift; just staying up late on the West Coast. San Diegans for Nebraska, baby!

Judging from what we saw Saturday and the coachspeak we've heard for the last couple weeks on the qb-health situation I just don't buy that he's near 100%. I do think he'll run a little better than last week and the experience he got in last week with shaking-off the rust and getting used to working on the ankle should help. Hope we can get over the freaking fumbles that have plagued us. If we practice good ball security I think we'll be fine.

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think Martinez's health is our biggest offensive concern. For me, it's the O-line. They NEED to have a good game, like they did against UW, KSU, and MU. Against ISU, they did pretty well, but they were definitely hit and miss vs. KU.

Also, I don't think they've faced a true, disciplined 3-4 scheme like they will tonight. Opening holes really isn't that tough vs. a 3-4, especially with our wide splits. They will, however, run into trouble if they don't get on a couple of aTm's excellent LB's right away. One of them, Williams, I think, is All Big 12 and All American, if I'm not mistaken. aTm is 13th nationally vs. the run - keep that in mind.

If Helu and Burkhead can get 4-5 yards plus on most running downs, getting Martinez to the second level will take care of itself. I don't think I've seen any play-action bootleg stuff like we ran vs. KSU. That gets Martinez into space where he can hurt them with a short/medium pass, or take off for a potentially big play. They also must give Martinez time in the passing game, and they haven't really proven that, either, accept against OSU.

Haha, thanks. Not graveyard shift; just staying up late on the West Coast. San Diegans for Nebraska, baby!

I'm in Oregon .........