Thanks, Watson...

I've read every single post in this thread and have taken it all into consideration. As a fanatic Husker fan and a knowledgable fan of football, generally speaking, it's obvious to me that we need to cut loose some dead weight around the program. Starting with Watson, then Cotton, and although im not so sold on Gilmore being cut, i also dont think getting rid of him would hurt us either! The problem is on the offensive side of the ball. Turner for OC? He developed some of our best offensive QB's ever! Frazier, Frost!

Watson needs to go, I have thought this since the Texas game where he called zone read after zone read when it wasent working, then Lee comes in which we all know isnt the best runner on the team, but knows the plays and can pass and what does Watson do run run run all the time.. Hello thats not working, so what does Watson do against a team ranked 108th vs the pass run run run.. Come on give us a break the guy isnt the man for the job, you cant fix stupid here let him go and lets move on... I understand our WR are not making things easy, but why not some RB screens, or run the damn option with Green and Taylor's speed along with roy and rex it would work... Damn lets not keep making the same mistakes an expecting different results...

For the longest time, I didn't want to get on Watson's case. In 2008, he had a pretty good go around running HIS offense. That said, his offenses' performances have been so fickle and inconsistent that I really don't know what to do about it.

Bo is too good of a defensive coach to be let go. With him at the helm, we will be in almost every game. He just needs to find an offensive staff more apt to the task of creating a strong offensive unit. Our offensive line issues are the prime example as to why our offense struggles. This unit returned all but one starter from last year and really only lost one player for the season in Smith. Why have the struggled the last three weeks? They haven't had a good performance since Missouri.

great question, i feel like bo put all his eggs in one basket and haven't taken the time to build an offense around a TEAM instead of one player.

I do know this, if our defense wasn't nearly as good as it was last year and this year our gooses would be really be cooked. If it weren't for our defense and the Pelini's Watson would look even worse. Then you'd see Husker nation even more upset and some of those Watson supporters might not be as quick to support him. Bottom line if it weren't for our defense Nebraska would NOT be back. At all.

Again not bashing the Watson supporters on here :cheers just stating an opinion. After the last 48 hours I just want to end this season in peace...

GBR

I'm sure SW is a good guy too. But being a OC at NU is not working for the post office. Results are "required".

Offensive production the last two years.

VT = zero TDs

TT = one garbage TD

Iowa St = one TD

OU = one TD (1 yd dr due to pick)

Texas = zero TDs

2010 (so far)

SDSU = two Tds

Texas = zero Tds

Kansas = two Tds

TAM = zero Tds

How is NU to return to a premier program with production like that? Arguably the two Tds vs Kansas & SDSU are the biggest total failures. We're talking two grossly inept/untalented defenses that we struggled mightily with.

that is absolutely disgusting to look at. youve got a corn cob up your backside if you defend watson. bo took one of the worst defenses in the country and has turned them into one of the best in three years. granted, bo is the head coach so he's culpable with the offensive pee fest as well, but he's obviously a defensive minded one, and shawn watson has the exact same resources as bo to get his sh#t together on that side of the ball. its simply not happening. watson needs to go the way of the cosgrove.

I'm a little offneded by this, the problem with the offnese has been a lack of exicution not a bad game planing or poor play calling. The players have been in a position to win and either dropped pasess or fumbles have taken away offnese production.

Looking at last night even with the poor calls from the officials, injuries, and just all around poor luck. We were in field goal range when T-Mart through is interception, and pretty close when Cody through his, once again Wats put the team in a position to win and it was a lack of exicution that cost the game. Last year the offnese had depth issues at quarter back those issues seem like they will be fixed with next years recruiting class.

I'm sure SW is a good guy too. But being a OC at NU is not working for the post office. Results are "required".

VT = zero TDs

TT = one garbage TD

Iowa St = one TD

Texas = zero TDs

2010 (so far)

SDSU = two Tds

Texas = zero Tds

Kansas = two Tds

TAM = zero Tds

How is NU to return to a premier program with production like that? Arguably the two Tds vs Kansas & SDSU are the biggest total failures. We're talking two grossly inept/untalented defenses that we struggled mightily with.

that is absolutely disgusting to look at. youve got a corn cob up your backside if you defend watson. bo took one of the worst defenses in the country and has turned them into one of the best in three years. granted, bo is the head coach so he's culpable with the offensive pee fest as well, but he's obviously a defensive minded one, and shawn watson has the exact same resources as bo to get his sh#t together on that side of the ball. its simply not happening. watson needs to go the way of the cosgrove.

I'm a little offneded by this, the problem with the offnese has been a lack of exicution not a bad game planing or poor play calling. The players have been in a position to win and either dropped pasess or fumbles have taken away offnese production.

Looking at last night even with the poor calls from the officials, injuries, and just all around poor luck. We were in field goal range when T-Mart through is interception, and pretty close when Cody through his, once again Wats put the team in a position to win and it was a lack of exicution that cost the game. Last year the offnese had depth issues at quarter back those issues seem like they will be fixed with next years recruiting class.

I think that is part of the issue with Watson. Why throw the ball in that instance, the T-Mart pick, why not pound the ball and kick your FG.

No production when it counts. Let's not forget our D had 2 pick 6 and 5 total turnovers against Idaho too. Our O only put up 17 against them, and at times completely stalled out. And blame the players for 'miscues' if u want. But they play how they practice and are coached. At some point, with how great our D is, the simple numbers of production lead to one conclusion: Watson isn't pulling his weight. Defend him all u want, just don't complain when we continue to score less than 14 points against top 30 teams.

I am really disappointed in the offense in this way... I am disappointed that we were led to believe that we had at least 3 quality QB's, when in reality we only have one that is worth his weight in salt, and they almost lost him after Saturdays game. Green so far has been less than mediocre, and I don't know what is going on with Lee, but he is not even close to what he was even last season when he was hurt. If it wasn't for Martinez, this team would be sitting with maybe 3 wins at best. Watson's shine has definitely dulled...because his play calling is boring to be polite (and this comes from someone that was a huge supporter of Watson even after last seasons debacle).

I can understand Bo being frustrated, and wanting to take it out on someone. The officials Saturday definitely had it coming, but I don't approve of his Bobby Knight display when he went after Martinez. Bo should know that all Martinez has to do is quit here, and he would have a dozen offers from other schools. What the hell was he thinking?

VT = zero TDs

TT = one garbage TD

Iowa St = one TD

Texas = zero TDs

2010 (so far)

SDSU = two Tds

Texas = zero Tds

Kansas = two Tds

TAM = zero Tds

I think that is part of the issue with Watson. Why throw the ball in that instance, the T-Mart pick, why not pound the ball and kick your FG.

Because a touchdown, is worth more points than a field goal. I personaly am glad that he called a play to attmept to get a first down rather than run on third and long (I'm thinking it was third and 6) to conceed a field goal looks like.

The legend of TO (at least on this board)seems to be bigger than his reality. Except for three yrs his teams were pretty much exactly like this years team. Even those 3 yrs of no losses they had some nail biters and some lackluster victories. TO never had to deal with digging a team out of the basement. His most successful years were the result of two decades of building a foundation, taking some lumps and continuing to grind on. Nebraska football will only get back to an undefeated season with consistency. Firing very capable staff is not going to bring in a championship football team.

Unless you can name better alternatives to each position you would like to fire, and give a breakdown explaining how they would do better, then the fire them all pettiness should stop.

I for one I am extremly thankful and happy to be 9-2 right now. Win or lose this has been a great, exciting, competitive season.

Go Huskers!!

• Fire 1

To reiterate: QB development has actually been pretty impressive...from Ganz's jump in Year 3, to his even bigger jump in Year 4 (both with Watson as OC)...then Lee, who faded last year but he had a throwing arm injury and has been known to be a smart player making all the right reads...then Taylor, talk about impressive, getting some passing development there.

If I was Joe Ganz I would kick anyone in the nuts that said they developed me. He was left to rot on the bench so that one guy could stink out loud. By the way, the offense was horrid too! He was only put in because they had to.

The one thing I will give him credit for is that unlike Cam Newton's dad, Watson was able to use Ganz to get a solid gig.

Oh please. Ganz loves Watson and would I'm sure give a ton of credit to him for his development. Ganz would also be the first person to say that he was a different guy in his last 2 years than in his first 3.

It is an absolute myth that Ganz was left on the bench to rot. Redshirt, #3 QB as RFR, #2 QB as RSo, and lost a tight battle for a starter as a junior.

The legend of TO (at least on this board)seems to be bigger than his reality. Except for three yrs his teams were pretty much exactly like this years team. Even those 3 yrs of no losses they had some nail biters and some lackluster victories. TO never had to deal with digging a team out of the basement. His most successful years were the result of two decades of building a foundation, taking some lumps and continuing to grind on. Nebraska football will only get back to an undefeated season with consistency. Firing very capable staff is not going to bring in a championship football team.

Unless you can name better alternatives to each position you would like to fire, and give a breakdown explaining how they would do better, then the fire them all pettiness should stop.

I for one I am extremly thankful and happy to be 9-2 right now. Win or lose this has been a great, exciting, competitive season.

Go Huskers!!

"Unless you can name better alternatives to each position you would like to fire, and give a breakdown explaining how they would do better, then the fire them all pettiness should stop".

Who died and made you Pope?

VT = zero TDs

TT = one garbage TD

Iowa St = one TD

Texas = zero TDs

2010 (so far)

SDSU = two Tds

Texas = zero Tds

Kansas = two Tds

TAM = zero Tds

Because a touchdown, is worth more points than a field goal. I personaly am glad that he called a play to attmept to get a first down rather than run on third and long (I'm thinking it was third and 6) to conceed a field goal looks like.

yes, thanks.

But a pick is worth less then 3. Think about it, tight game, low scoring, both D's are playing lights out so why take a gamble? it doesnt make coaching sense.

Go Huskers!!

I'm not sure what reality we're talking about here? But in TO's twenty fives years can you give me even "one" of his years as offensively inept as 2009? Well?

Lastly, with this year not even over we've been held to zero offensive TDs twice. How many times did that happen to TO's offense in a season?

I think we're comparing a Dodge Viper to a VW.

Go Huskers!!

I'm not sure what reality we're talking about here? But in TO's twenty fives years can you give me even "one" of his years as offensively inept as 2009? Well?

Lastly, with this year not even over we've been held to zero offensive TDs twice. How many times did that happen to TO's offense in a season?I think we're comparing a Dodge Viper to a VW.

happened in the73-74 season we lost to mizzou 13-12 and to OU 27-0

happened in the 81-82 season we beat mizzou 6-0 and lost to clemson 22-15

happened in the 91-92 season we beat arizona stae 18-9 and lost to miami 22-0

those are just game where no touchdowns were scored. There were several games with only 7 or 13 points and I dont have the time or the energy to research if they were offensive touchdowns or not. There were also several other games that Osborne offenses were held touchdownless, but those are the cases of two games in a season without a touchdown.