Bo: "You ever seen anything like that?"

Hercules

The Martin suspension seems like an easy one. It was done through the league office, and we don't know the process, and we don't know if it was overt or subliminal bias, but to get singled out for that hit was ridiculous.

It's tougher to see how to get refs to call a game against Nebraska. I can't see how they would hold a grudge against Nebraska for leaving. The league office might, but would they really suggest to the refs to slant the game, and would any self-respecting ref put up with this? Chances are just too high an honest ref--and I believe that nearly all of them are--would take this public. I suppose the head ref could be in quiet cahoots with the league, and he probably has a lot of sway in how the other officials call the game. All he has to say is "Pelini bitches a lot about his guys getting held, but I've looked at film and don't see it", and that plants the seed. I could believe he overruled the ref that called the PI on A&M and he would also be the one to call the hit on Osborne, right? He could do it, but would he? And why?

Or maybe they really do have something against Bo, and subliminally won't call a holding penalty because of how loudly he screams.

It's still tough for me to believe a conspiracy, but last night's game really has me thinking how it could be.

I never heard of one statement or comment from the Big 12 about Klein trying to injure and maim Burkhead. Conspiracy???????

Texas pass interfere and the exact same play against NU isn't called. Sean(the announcer) says, "If you call/flag that play on NU don't you have to call that on Texas?" Keep in mind NU only lost that game by 7. That turns in 7 and you have OT and a possible win. Kyler Reed catch against Texas that isn't reviewed and it was a clear catch. These are calls against Texas. The real funny stuff started against MU.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a collection of things.

Beebe doesn't like Nebraska, and uses his first chance to show it by suspending Eric Martin. So now Martin is a headhunter, so officials are watching #46 like a hawk on kickoffs. Voila! 2 penalties for something that no one has explained yet.

The personal foul on Cotton was the official seeing only the kicking. I understand because that's all I saw at the time, and from Pelini's reaction, I would guess that's all he saw too.

Bo's unsportsmanlike was well earned.

The late hit on Osborne was the 'watch the targeting' sh#t in full effect. A hard hit on a QB = penalty in today's Big XII. It was a bullsh#t call that should have repercussions for the ref that called it. No one in the stadium, or at home, thought that was a penalty except for the only moron who could make it so. He should be suspended or fired for lack of performance, quite simply. If he can't be trusted to make the right call on such an obvious play at that point in the game, then he's not qualified to be an official. End of story.

It was a poor officiated game, and yes, the reasons behind it may start with Beebe, but that by itself doesn't mean conspiracy. It is cause and effect, with the Big XII administration precipitating it. It's happened, in my opinion, without collusion or 'off the record' conversations.

It's still inexcusable and sucks for fans of the team being screwed.

So out of the 16 flags which where not earned

Cotton kick -- going to get called every time -- the second flag was after he said something to the ref

Martins 2 -- No replay so no one one can say what was done or said

Bo -- really after dropping the f bomb to the ref

PI which one the one where the back is on the ground -- or the one where the back has his arm hooked around the chest

The only call that is questionalbe and IMO a bad call the late hit on the qb -- and after 5 PFs did you not think that would be called. Anything even close was going to be called

then you have all the false starts and such -- only 2 holding calls and if the refs where out to screw NU that is the easies call to do it on

If they where trying to make sure you lost why let a 35 yard run stand out of the end zone.

I've been a general believer that the refs in the Big 12 are just inept, as they've made a lot of bad calls and have missed some blatant stuff not just against us, but other teams as well. I didn't even get up in arms about the 0:01 call, even though it was a bit questionable.

After last night, though, I'm not sure what to think. There's no doubt that we got absolutely hosed by the refs, and I fully expect the school to start laying into the league about the horrendous officiating. We did ourselves no favors by the way we played, but the refs ultimately decided the outcome of the game.

"I can't see how they (the officials) would hold a grudge against Nebraska for leaving."

Really?

If the Conference had folded, or folds in the future due to the defections, what happens to their nice cushy

Conference paid officiating jobs?

Yeah, I see your point, but doing a horrible job of officiating is the worst way to get picked up by another conference. That assumes they are thinking logically. Nebraska is gone from the conference, nothing they do can change that. Is revenge by itself enough of a reason? Maybe.

I never heard of one statement or comment from the Big 12 about Klein trying to injure and maim Burkhead.

I definitely believe we won't get anything at all out of the Big 12 office. I believe the conspiracy there, but the league office actions shouldn't affect play on the field, or so I thought until Martin's suspension. Whether or not they suspend Cotton's suitor will do nothing for us, except I guess it sends the rest of the conference a green light.

The rest, yeah, I see the bad calls. I'm just still trying to figure out the why part, and what there is to gain for the refs to screw us.

"I can't see how they (the officials) would hold a grudge against Nebraska for leaving."

Really?

If the Conference had folded, or folds in the future due to the defections, what happens to their nice cushy

Conference paid officiating jobs?

Yeah, I see your point, but doing a horrible job of officiating is the worst way to get picked up by another conference. That assumes they are thinking logically. Nebraska is gone from the conference, nothing they do can change that. Is revenge by itself enough of a reason? Maybe.

I never heard of one statement or comment from the Big 12 about Klein trying to injure and maim Burkhead.

I definitely believe we won't get anything at all out of the Big 12 office. I believe the conspiracy there, but the league office actions shouldn't affect play on the field, or so I thought until Martin's suspension. Whether or not they suspend Cotton's suitor will do nothing for us, except I guess it sends the rest of the conference a green light.

The rest, yeah, I see the bad calls. I'm just still trying to figure out the why part, and what there is to gain for the refs to screw us.

"I'm just still trying to figure out the why part, and what there is to gain for the refs to screw us".

Goodwill with the Conferences bosses?

Couldn't hurt your officiating job security.

Like any bloated bureaucracy, they value "team players".

As far as Eric Martins first Personal Foul goes-about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is when it happens. It's the KO return where Niles ran East to West and there was a HUGE block on an A&M player. Jim Ebke, #32, threw that beautiful block. It was clean. What I saw was Eric running towards that direction because Niles was running there, so he was obviously trying to continue the upfield blocking. I did not see him make contact with ANYONE after Niles ran out of bounds, you can see Eric close to the A&M sideline but he starts to veer back towards our sideline and the screen pans out. So you don't see ANYTHING that he would receive a PF for. Only thing is if he did something on the way back towards the sideline but again-they do nothing to show his actions. It was a dead ball PF so it;d have to have transpired on the way back... I'm telling you-if the Colorado game is CLOSE, as in 14 pts or less, look for the zebras to aid the buffs as much as possible. The Big XII does NOT want NU in the championship game. And I do believe Dan Beebe will do whatever it takes to keep that from happening.

Why some of you ask? Well let's see, how bout the motive that we are THE team that nearly cost him his job. OF COURSE he's going to have bias against us, He has already shown that by Eric Martin STILL being the only player to receive a suspension despite NUMEROUS other flagrant acts against players. Multiple helmet-to-helmet hits have gone unflagged and unsuspended. Multiple plays where Nebraska players safety is at risk. And multiple questionable choices in the review game have shown this bias. Enough is enough.

And the reason Bo and the University will not come out and say the officiating sucks is because of the fines and it is against the Big XII's rules to criticize officials to the media. For those of you wanting Bo to be more Tom-like; that's what he's showing when he does this. Restraint. He is extremely passionate during the games but after that he shows he can make good decisions in the best interest of the team and the players.

There is no way in the world that the league office tells the officials to screw our team. There is no way in the world that the big 12 crews formed a conspiracy to screw us. We are an aggressive defensive football team. Aggressive D's are going to get more calls against them than "bend don't break" soft defenses. The Pelinis do I believe impart an "us against the world, take no prosinoners" philosophy to the team. In many ways that is a good thing, but it Aldo leads to more penalties.

Rather than be paranoid and whine about the double personal foul call, think!! No ref is looking at where another players Hands are in a pile unless it is on a football or slugging somebody. The kicking was obvious and very often the refs catch the retaliation which is why a smart coach instills in his players the need to not retaliate. The second will come nearly every time a player goes off on a ref. Bo was begging for a flag on the bench much of the game. Yes the roughing call was terrible. a conspiracy? I doubt it. picking up the interference flag was very questionable, but hardly evidence of a conspiracy.

The truth is that we lost the game. The refs certainly didn't help. However if you cannot score more than nine points, we should blame what was obviously an inept offensive performance. We are beginning to sound like crybaby Stoops. I do think that Bo worried too much about yelling at the refs, his qb, his assistant coaches and too little time on how to best get ten points! Negativity and constant complaining about circumstances no matter how well founded usually aren't the best ways to lead. Dwelling on adversity that has occurred becomes a distraction in bo's case IMO. He's still new to being a head coach. I hope he doesn't do something incredibly stupid before he becomes a great coach.

There is no way in the world that the league office tells the officials to screw our team. There is no way in the world that the big 12 crews formed a conspiracy to screw us. We are an aggressive defensive football team. Aggressive D's are going to get more calls against them than "bend don't break" soft defenses. The Pelinis do I believe impart an "us against the world, take no prosinoners" philosophy to the team. In many ways that is a good thing, but it Aldo leads to more penalties.

Rather than be paranoid and whine about the double personal foul call, think!! No ref is looking at where another players Hands are in a pile unless it is on a football or slugging somebody. The kicking was obvious and very often the refs catch the retaliation which is why a smart coach instills in his players the need to not retaliate. The second will come nearly every time a player goes off on a ref. Bo was begging for a flag on the bench much of the game. Yes the roughing call was terrible. a conspiracy? I doubt it. picking up the interference flag was very questionable, but hardly evidence of a conspiracy.

The truth is that we lost the game. The refs certainly didn't help. However if you cannot score more than nine points, we should blame what was obviously an inept offensive performance. We are beginning to sound like crybaby Stoops. I do think that Bo worried too much about yelling at the refs, his qb, his assistant coaches and too little time on how to best get ten points! Negativity and constant complaining about circumstances no matter how well founded usually aren't the best ways to lead. Dwelling on adversity that has occurred becomes a distraction in bo's case IMO. He's still new to being a head coach. I hope he doesn't do something incredibly stupid before he becomes a great coach.

This is a great post! Yes the flag against Cotton was correct and the second one against him was for him saying something! The only flag that was questionable is the late hit-- after 5 PFs, so you really think they where not going to call ANYTHING close

You guys realize in the last 3 games our opponents have a combined 6 penalties?

CRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most penalized team in the Texas 12 is KU, against us they had 1 penalty. 2nd most penalized team in the Texas 10 is A&M, against us, they had 2 penalties. Must be amazing coaching going on there to improve on something they had been doing so bad at all year up until the point they play us.

I would like to add that yesterday KU resumed its penalty ways racking up 9 for 91 yards. Conspiracy. Plain and simple.

This is a great post! Yes the flag against Cotton was correct and the second one against him was for him saying something! The only flag that was questionable is the late hit-- after 5 PFs, so you really think they where not going to call ANYTHING close

What is being overlooked here is the lack of calls being made on the opposing teams. Explain that please. Opponents have had just SIX penalties in three games as Nebraska is making its stretch run for the Big 12 title. Why are many of Nebraska's opponents just HAPPENING to play some their cleanest games of the year against Huskers?

Answer that one, simple question for me without giving me one of those broad, sweeping dismissals of my insanity. Look me in the eyes and tell me that those other teams are just playing good, clean, error-free football. You either can't--or you're a fool or a liar if you can. Enough said.

There is no conspiracy people, the effort it would take to pull something off like that and have it go unnoticed is just ridiculous. Why would all those involve risk their jobs for seemingly no reward? That being said, there is an obvious problem with poor officiated games against Nebraska. I don't understand it, but I don't think its a conspiracy.

I think they are working hard to cover their tracks. For example, the phantom personal fouls were called against Eric Martin, who---thanks to ABC/ESPN's announcers and the suspension Dan Beebe handed down---is now regarded as a headhunter. So even though people never saw it, they hear "Eric Martin" and go, "Oh yeah, that guy who got suspended. Makes sense."

Same deal with Courtney Osborne. All the hoopla over the Gabbert hit means that, among the media and the Big 12 public, he's got a reputation as a headhunter too, particularly when coming at QBs. So they see that he was flagged for a hit on the QB and go, "Oh yeah, the guy who hit Gabbert up high. Makes sense."

Then there's the fact that the phantom personal fouls are thrown on kickoffs. Everyone is focused on the ball and the return man and, unless there's a return, there are no cameras to show what actually happened. If you are going to saddle a team with a few extra terrible calls, kickoffs are a great place to start.

But the easiest way to influence a game without getting caught is to not throw flags on Nebraska's opponent. If the flags don't fall, maybe it's because Nebraska's opponent played penalty-free football. And if they didn't play penalty-free football, maybe it's just because the ref didn't see the penalty.

I could go on.

Please do go on because there seem to be far too many people in denial that refuse to see the writing on the wall.