Perlman unhappy with Bo's sideline behavior

HuskerNMO

From ESPN/AP

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5835532

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman isn't happy with coach Bo Pelini's behavior.

Perlman told The Associated Press on Sunday that Pelini's verbal assault of officials during Saturday's game at Texas A&M did not reflect well on the university or the football program.

The game was televised on ABC, and Perlman called camera shots of Pelini's outbursts "unfortunate." He said he, athletic director Tom Osborne or both of them will address the matter with Pelini. Perlman wouldn't speculate on whether disciplinary action would be taken.

What bs, Bo saw Nebraska was getting $crewed and wasn't going to stand idly by it. Maybe he went too far, but I don't have a problem with Bo getting upset there

Upset is one thing, dropping F bombs every 4 words, chasing after officials during and after the game, verbally dressing down players and other coaches on the field is taking it too far. The only thing that hurts Bo is his ego and attitude, good to see Harvey pointing out that Bo needs to check them both.

Bo represents the University. The display last night was not a positive for the University. Losing is one thing, but be publicly embarassed by the head coach is another. I still think we will see something from the Big 12 regarding it.

No matter how loyal we are, and how much we like Bo, he is the face of the University more so than Coach Osborne or Chancelor Pearlman. He has to get himself under control quickly or my guess is he will be gone.

Oh god. What is wrong with people? Someone in another thread reminded us how it wasn't long ago we got to watch Callahan calmly pace the sidelines while we were down 30-10 to some completely average team. Now we have some really questionable things going on with officials and it cost us a big game. And Bo passionately wants to win these big games and isn't going hold back his emotion too much.

The fact that this is bothersome to Perlman while the refs situation apparently is not... well, that should be bothersome to us.

• Fire 4

Oh god. What is wrong with people? Someone in another thread reminded us how it wasn't long ago we got to watch Callahan calmly pace the sidelines while we were down 30-10 to some completely average team. Now we have some really questionable things going on with officials and it cost us a big game. And Bo passionately wants to win these big games and isn't going hold back his emotion too much.

The fact that this is bothersome to Perlman while the refs situation apparently is not... well, that should be bothersome to us.

Thank you!!!!!!

Jtrain,

You have to understand that we are not normal fans. We are a very small part of the fan base. The fan base is made up mostly of people ranging from 35 to 90 years old, is my guess. It is not win at any cost for most of the fan base, love of the University and what it brings to the community and the state of Nebraska. It is not MNC or CC's, it is representing the people and the state in an above board way. My guess is this is going to get a lot more attention, could end up with Bo not being allowed on the field for a game.

This was a major embarassement for the program, Bo and the University of Nebraska. What we saw last night was not the Nebraska way of handling things.

This may be the one thing that will get him under control. He is a great coach, has truly changed the thought process for the team, but he needs to lead by actions and unfortunately he is not. He would never allow his players to act like he did last night and as he has in the past.

I agree we got hosed, but his actions should be above what we saw. They have to be.

• Fire 2

Thank you!!!!!!

Exactly what I was going to say bro.

It was not so long ago we had a coach who, on top of being a terrible head football coach, never showed an ounce of passion or fire about his team. It was as if he didn't really care about the outcome of the game. The one bit of excitement he ever did show was a bit of a dumb*$$ move anyway, "Throat slashgate."

I'll take Bo, rants and all, over that anyday.

• Fire 1

Perlman should have declined comment and handled the matter internally with Bo. A little ridiculous that the Chancellor is essentially throwing him under the bus in the press.

Disagree, if he declines comment he might as well of said I agree with what Bo said. Harvey needed to say, we are Nebraska, we do not condone that type of behavior and will correct it. His job is to protect the image of the University, even if it means knocking Pelini down a notch or two.