Did Cody Green earn the start next week?

Sparker

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have the answer, but I do have a couple observations:

1. I think we came prepared for CU because they didn't pull the "game-time decision" crap. They picked a guy and stuck with him, and got him ready.

2. Rex in the wildcat seems to be almost as productive as Taylor in at QB. (Yes, I know it was CU)

Personally, I have a hunch we'll be better off if they pick a guy and get him ready. If Taylor can't have productive practices this week, I think we may be better off with Cody.

Thoughts?

Yes and for two reasons.

1: he showed today that he can get it done with rushing and passing

2: he has the heart for this team and is a team player. Martinez has proved that all je cares about is himself and noone else. Especially after threatening to quit again. Sit him and let him know we can do this without him and then let him leave next year.

This is an unanswerable question. We dont know the particulars surrounding Martinez. Also, if Martinez somehow makes it back to 100% there is no reason Martinez shouldnt start. If Martinez isnt a go, then Green is the obvious go. He did well enough today to manage the game and not f it up. The question will be, can Watson formulate a game plan that suites Green that allows us to score 24-30 pts on a top 10 team.

I say go with Cody. Taylor probably won't be 100% the rest of this year, and Zac Lee is probably not 100% either. Cody played almost flawlessly today, doing exactly what was asked of him. I was very impressed with his play. I think he has earned the opportunity. If, and I say IF, Taylor is close the 100%, that is a different story, but I would be surprised if he is more than 60%.

This is an unanswerable question. We dont know the particulars surrounding Martinez. Also, if Martinez somehow makes it back to 100% there is no reason Martinez shouldnt start. If Martinez isnt a go, then Green is the obvious go. He did well enough today to manage the game and not f it up. The question will be, can Watson formulate a game plan that suites Green that allows us to score 24-30 pts on a top 10 team.

My main concern is the prep time lost getting him back to 100%. Even if he gets close to 100%, how much value do you put on reps and time in practice? It's not just the QB, its how the entire offense gels with them throughout the week. It looked to me like the O had more chemistry today, and if Green is getting most of the reps this week, what happens when they drop Martinez in for practice on Friday and say he's good enough. He may be good enough, but I don't think that's all that matters.

I don't know how it all works, so I'm just speculating...

Or even a top 50 team.

I think right now whatever team we play next week (and us as fans) have no clue who is going to show up at QB. Keep it a mystery, and see if we can capitalize on it. If Green can pass like he did tonight, along with Rex, and run as well as we did...it could be what we need to throw any defense off enough to get the win.

Cody did well today, finally started looking like the qb he was hyped to be. Hopefully he's gotten over a mental hurdle. Nice to see Lee back in action. Hard to say what to do with TM being we just don't know how healthy he'll be. Unless he's a lot better than what we saw in the ATM-game after the Caputo-incident I'd say Green or Lee.