The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

Well from my standpoint if the rumors are true and they come out to be true, Taylor can hit the road. We don't need someone like that on the team, they turn into a cancer and destroy the fragile chemistry of a team.

If they aren't true, then the kids just getting a bad wrap for doing his own thing and responding to stressful situations the way he is. None of will never know unless we read the headlines, "Martinez to transfer, cites differences as reason."

This all begs an interesting question..And I'd start a new thread with a fancy poll and all if I wasn't afraid enough players actually read what we post here and it might have some detrimental effect on the team.

But..

Knowing there are several similarities in talent and dispositions between the two players. would you have prefered Eric Crouch had transfered prior to winning the hypesman or was it worth having him here throughout his career?

I have had plenty of people call friends of mine A-holes cause there quiet, then you talk to them and you realize why there quiet. Lack in some confidence and maybe feel more comfortably watching.

I have seen Taylor out and about, he seems quiet but that doesnt mean he is a jerk, he might choose to keep to himself.

Like i said, the rumors are getting crazy, but lets not knock this kid too hard, when it isnt fully known the whole situation.

• Fire 2

I actually heard something completely different... My brother in law is a grad student prof on east campus and one of his students was a former player and involved with the equipment staff... He advised that the interaction between t mart and Bo was about t mart learning that Cody green was going into the game and t mart actually made some very inappropriate comments about him and his abilities... I very rarely have "inside" sources.... But I trust this one for what it's worth...

i would like to believe this one if anything.... we know t-magic was a strong strong strong competitor and i could see this... but totally the wrong way to go about making the situation known.... i think doing this would really hurt his rep with the guys on the team... i mean the offense knows CG isnt the best but i bet they resepect him a whole lot more than t-magic... which means when t-magic comes back there will be a lot of work to foster positive relationships with the guy he would be playing with......

What? You'd think TM had been taking his lead from this board or something.

no just me........

I have had plenty of people call friends of mine A-holes cause there quiet, then you talk to them and you realize why there quiet. Lack in some confidence and maybe feel more comfortably watching.

I have seen Taylor out and about, he seems quiet but that doesnt mean he is a jerk, he might choose to keep to himself.

Like i said, the rumors are getting crazy, but lets not knock this kid too hard, when it isnt fully known the whole situation.

I wish I wasn't out of +1 to give becuase truer words have not been spoken. On another point the poster who called EM stupid should really STFU.

I do not know anything about any of this really, but I like the St. Louis Cardinals and some of this dad stuff has been going around about their center fielder, Colby Rasmus. In fact, Colby's dad has gone as far as to criticize LaRussa's handling of the kid. It is great for parents to be involved but sometimes they have to let the professionals do their jobs.

Couple of thoughts.

More often than not there is at least a hint of truth to the rumors that come flying around, especially ones that start to get reported in papers. The scene this summer apparently did happen the way it was described, but it was solved. As for the aTM game, who knows? He's still here. Probably that's the end of it.

As for his character, again, without personally knowing him the speculation is pointless. What we know is what he shows on the field and in interviews. He's not very emotional, which was finely displayed when Bo was berating him on national TV and he didn't so much as blink. He doesn't celebrate wins and he doesn't cry after losses. Does his attitude rub his teammates the wrong way? Wouldn't surprise me a bit. But if I'm Taylor, I know a few things: I'm potentially a world-class athlete at the helm of a major football program. In my redshirt freshman year I beat out two older, more experienced QBs and absolutely shredded most of the teams I played. And I know I can do it again. I'm injured. I'm frustrated.

Am I arrogant?

We're walking a fine line here. On the one hand you have to admire Taylor's composure and athleticism. Not every QB needs to be Tim Tebow. People say he has no friends on the team. So what? Is he winning? Do they catch his passes and believe that he can manage the huddle and the game? These attitude issues are only a problem when they're a problem, and the measure of that isn't how many facebook friends he can list, but how well the team preforms with him out there. If he transfers, we'll know it was for the best, because if it's such an issue that he can't stay here, we can sleep well knowing it won't work out any better anywhere else, and we got rid of a team cancer.

• Fire 2

Couple of thoughts.

More often than not there is at least a hint of truth to the rumors that come flying around, especially ones that start to get reported in papers. The scene this summer apparently did happen the way it was described, but it was solved. As for the aTM game, who knows? He's still here. Probably that's the end of it.

As for his character, again, without personally knowing him the speculation is pointless. What we know is what he shows on the field and in interviews. He's not very emotional, which was finely displayed when Bo was berating him on national TV and he didn't so much as blink. He doesn't celebrate wins and he doesn't cry after losses. Does his attitude rub his teammates the wrong way? Wouldn't surprise me a bit. But if I'm Taylor, I know a few things: I'm potentially a world-class athlete at the helm of a major football program. In my redshirt freshman year I beat out two older, more experienced QBs and absolutely shredded most of the teams I played. And I know I can do it again. I'm injured. I'm frustrated.

Am I arrogant?

We're walking a fine line here. On the one hand you have to admire Taylor's composure and athleticism. Not every QB needs to be Tim Tebow. People say he has no friends on the team. So what? Is he winning? Do they catch his passes and believe that he can manage the huddle and the game? These attitude issues are only a problem when they're a problem, and the measure of that isn't how many facebook friends he can list, but how well the team preforms with him out there. If he transfers, we'll know it was for the best, because if it's such an issue that he can't stay here, we can sleep well knowing it won't work out any better anywhere else, and we got rid of a team cancer.

Well said :thumbs

What we know is what he shows on the field and in interviews. He's not very emotional,.... he didn't so much as blink. He doesn't celebrate wins and he doesn't cry after losses.

Gee, if I didn't know any better I would think this would be talking about none other than Dr. Tom Osborne. Maybe Taylor is the silent type we keep being nostalgic about. Not everyone is loud and vocal.

All I can say is, Taylor gives me the same feeling I had about Tommie Frazier when I watched him play as a freshman -- he is something special and you can foresee great things happening over the next few years. If he transfers, make no mistake, it will be a HUGE loss.

First off, I hope TM stays because hes obviously very talented and probably a lot misunderstood. But if hes gonna leave it seems like its gonna have to happen within the next month or so. I mean why stay around UNL for spring ball if you know you are going to be leaving. And even though hes going to have to sit out a year he'll still want to go thru spring ball wherever he goes for lots of obvious reasons. I'm not sure what the enrollment cutoff would be but I'm guessing he'd have to be settled pretty close to the beginning of the semester. It seems to me that if hes still with the team come March or April that hes here for the long haul. I just dont see him transferring after that point because he'd risk getting lost in the shuffle and he still needs so much work as a passer. Maybe if he changed positions but I dont think thats gonna happen.

All I can say is, Taylor gives me the same feeling I had about Tommie Frazier when I watched him play as a freshman -- he is something special and you can foresee great things happening over the next few years. If he transfers, make no mistake, it will be a HUGE loss.

It would be a MONSTER loss. He's "the" improvement over last year's disaster.