New Bowl scenario

HANC

We all have been down this road....and all expect, hope, pray that we will WIN THE BIG 12 and go to the Fiesta Bowl

but, the alternative has been a topic for many debates. How about this scenario that Kugler and Severe brought up today on USC 1620

If NU losses, they are NOT going to Cotton. Cotton has officially offered aTm....that leaves Alamo, which right now, is planning on Arizona, if they beat ASU... Omaha paper says that NU would NOT be excited about rematch...then Inight picks and sounds as if it WILL be NU vs Michigan/Iowa.... then Holiday Bowl (PAC 10 #2).... Right now, sounds if Washington wins Sat. that they are going to San Diego and no one wants another NU - UW match up.

What if , Washington State beats Washington this weekend. Possible. Rival game. I don't believe that leave Washington Bowl Eligible. With USC out... We could also hope ASU beats Arizona (huge rival game), thus making them less attractive to Alamo.

ASU would have 6 wins, but played 2 sub-division teams. Not eligible. That leaves only 3 PAC 10 teams eligible... for 4 decent bowl sights....

Boise would kill to get out of the Kraft fight Hunger Bowl. They suggusted that Boise could lobby to have the Alamo take them as a replacement team for the non-PAC 10 and pit Nebraska - Boise State in the Alamo.......I WOULD TAKE THAT !!!!

Arizona did go to Holiday last yr. and it would push them back , so they did mention that the Holiday should lobby the Alamo to take Mizzou-OSU and create a Boise - Nebraska Holiday.

Did mention that if Alamo took NU, that an OSU/Mizzou vs Boise in Holiday would be good game too.. All dependent on Washington State beating Washington...

Let's just win the friggin game Saturday night.

We gain nothing by playing Boise St. If we beat them, then the honks will say we were suppose to beat them. If we lose, it wouldn't be like losing to Stanford or Auburn. Virginia Tech would be off the hook as the last BCS team that they beat, I don't want to be THAT team for the next 8 months.

Beat OU

GBR

Obviously, WIN THE CONFERENCE AND PLAY STANFORD.

But, all I have read is no one wanted to play the Big East in Feista...which still may happen.... then nobody wants Arizona, Washington, Iowa, Michigan, etc. , etc....

Sure, a lot liked the possibility of Alabama or LSU in Cotton, but not happening...

So, for discussion sake.... Arizona, Washington, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State (any of them rated) or a Boise team that until last weekend had NC hopes? Maybe they all suck...sure, but if we don't beat OU, likely we will play one of them.... Which is best match up...

Personally, due to the fact that we just played Arizona, and Washington, and will play the Big 10 next year AND Boise tried to schedule Neb and it didn't work... Nationally, Nebraska - Boise would draw the most exposure IMO.

We gain nothing by playing Boise St. If we beat them, then the honks will say we were suppose to beat them. If we lose, it wouldn't be like losing to Stanford or Auburn. Virginia Tech would be off the hook as the last BCS team that they beat, I don't want to be THAT team for the next 8 months.

Beat OU

GBR

More to gain by playing Boise than a big east team.....

I'm grateful for any bowl game we make, and you should be too. 2007 was not that long ago.

No. This is Nebraska. We're one of the top 10 college football programs in the country. We expect to make a bowl game each year, and we expect to be in a good one. With our talent this season, we should expect to win the Big 12 and make a BCS Bowl. Anything short of that this season, and I will not be grateful. We won 9 games in Pelini's 1st year, 10 last year, and have 10 this year. Getting to 11 would be great, but I want 12.