Dear Shawn Watson,

The Dude

You know what I think put Zac %^*&^%$#%^&*#&^%$#%^&*( Lee in. My god give someone a god damn chance. Remember MU last year, dude can lead a comeback. Just give him a freaking chance, I mean *&(*&*&$$*#^^^*(&^*#&.

Zac Lee was hurt. If healthy I'm certain he would have gone in, and probably started given Taylor's injury. Zac's season basically ended after Missouri, but for garbage time.

They did try to get him in on a creative punt fake, as a decoy. We really pulled out all the stops as far as tricks go. Maybe too many IMO, but it was neat to see.

Terrible display of offensive football. Where is Scott Frost?

Coaching arguably the best offense in the nation

That's like saying Ekeler is coaching one of the best defenses in the nation. That offense is Chip Kelly, really. Maybe whoever their OC is too. I don't think Frost is even really like a Ron Brown or Marvin Sanders here - top position coaches.

ZONE READ + 10 = NE - 60. If a play doesnt work try another one. WATSON A kid playing NCAA 2010 on xbox could of called better plays.

Since unlike in real life, every play is always available to you in XBOX. Madden/NCAA are arcade games, not really accurate comparisons to be made to play-calling.

Someone who watched the game on tv please answer- What is Tmart looking at downfield when he is just standing in the pocket? I guess he is looking for receivers, so were they all covered? Or was he just confused? He didn't really look like he was running the zone read, more like he was trying to stand in the pocket and pass. Then when that doesn't work, he runs right a little bit then turns back left a little and the starts to turn bsack right, at which point he is tackled by a committee.

That's like saying Ekeler is coaching one of the best defenses in the nation. That offense is Chip Kelly, really. Maybe whoever their OC is too. I don't think Frost is even really like a Ron Brown or Marvin Sanders here - top position coaches.

Oregon's WRs > Nebraska's WRs ... and Oregon's WRs are more "talented."

They're setting off fireworks in Eugene right now, by the way. Literally.

I haven't jumped on the Watson hatin bandwagon this year, because I firmly believed that this wasn't just his fault, and tonight it still wasn't totally his fault. He made some good calls, but going away from the rexcat in the 4th when we were basically in FG range was just f'ing stupid.

I haven't jumped on the Watson hatin bandwagon this year, because I firmly believed that this wasn't just his fault, and tonight it still wasn't totally his fault. He made some good calls, but going away from the rexcat in the 4th when we were basically in FG range was just f'ing stupid.

We can't have an OC who makes good calls from time to time though.

We can't have an OC who makes good calls from time to time though.

I understand this

Someone who watched the game on tv please answer- What is Tmart looking at downfield when he is just standing in the pocket? I guess he is looking for receivers, so were they all covered? Or was he just confused? He didn't really look like he was running the zone read, more like he was trying to stand in the pocket and pass. Then when that doesn't work, he runs right a little bit then turns back left a little and the starts to turn bsack right, at which point he is tackled by a committee.

Tackled by a committee is a good way to put it. Yes, he's looking for a receiver but usually had time to only look for one option because OU was killing our O-Line and brought pressure fast. TMart needs to know at that point to chuck it out of bounds instead of taking the sacks for devastating losses and fumbles. Maybe we could have rolled him out more. Not sure if it would have helped because OU pressure was coming from everywhere. I wished we had more little screens in the flat for Taylor as a safety valve and use OU's speed and aggressiveness against them...but we couldn't get it done, unfortunately. They were all up on the line of scrimmage and didn't respect that we had any deep threat against them (because we didn't!) Busting 'em with Rex was about the best we could do.

Looked like TM flat-out panicked out there when OU pressured and/or his first read wasn't there. He seems to almost disdain ditching the freaking ball and it cost us valuable points. Passes were inconsistent. Needs to realize that once we're in fieldgoal range you make damn sure we at-least get a fieldgoal. Sometimes that involves just throwing the dang ball away and not taking stupid sacks. We needed T-Manager out there.

CG should've been put in. That goes on Bo, that is his call. CG played a credible game against CU and deserved an opportunity. What would have CG done worse?

Burkhead was having a good game, should've stuck with the wildcat more. Should've ran it at OU in general more. Plus we should've varied the passing-attack more and thrown more unpredictably. As OP said Wats called a solid first-half, second half not-so-much.

It looked like a lot of those zone-reads were predetermined.

Taylor looked like Bo after the A&M game. A scared animal trying to hide. He panicked, period.

It was clear as day that Taylor wasn't healthy. What makes Taylor T-Mac is his breakaway speed; it's what made him our starting QB. We gave him the reigns in the hopes he would develop, and while he's progressed it's clear he still needs work. Next year should be fun.

I havent been on the Watson hatin bandwagon till really the am game this year but it's time to closely analyze the 7 losses over the last 2 years

2009 Va Tech, lost 16-15. 0 offensive TD's

2009 Texas Tech, lost 31-10, 1 offensive td, offense GIVES tech a td. I remember watson in that game continually go away from a run game that was working great in favor of slinging it all over the place, but the defense gave up a whole 3 or 4 big plays and some penalties.

2009 Iowa St, lost 9-7, 1 offensive td, but 8 turnovers, game was inexplainable and cant really put this one on Wats due to 28-35 points being left out due to to's

2009 Texas, lost 13-12. 0 offensive td's

2010 Texas, lost 20-13. 0 offensive td's

2010 Texas AM lost 9-6. O offensive td's

2010 Oklahoma lost 23-20. 2 offensive td's, 1 essentially directly results form turnover getting the ball at 10, other was a long run broken by Helu.

Lastly, Pelini's teams have a history of getting better at the end of the year. No difference this year WITH THE DEFENSE. Defense is awesome at this point in the season, but we've lost 2 of our last 3. Hmmm

Facts say Watson has to go.

Oregon's WRs > Nebraska's WRs ... and Oregon's WRs are more "talented."

They're setting off fireworks in Eugene right now, by the way. Literally.

Oh, I know. I am just saying to hesitate before hailing Frost for that. We have no idea the kind of job he is doing there. Nebraska has an awful WR coach, for example. I mean, this is Frost's first shot at a position coaching job, too. I don't know the particulars. I am just hesitating to assume credit for Oregon's offense goes to anyone really other than Chip Kelly. I mean, are their RB and TE and OL coaches hot young prospects for OC positions, for example? Maybe, but maybe not. It would really be a wild guess to suggest so, and those other guys probably have longer resumes than Frost.

Your comment about the defense getting owned is the most ridiculous thing in your whole opinion. You had to know going into the game that Oklahoma was going to throw, and they were going to throw deep. One of those two deep passes was the result of a great pass, which defenders can do nothing about. And a defense can only do so much when it is running on empty, which is exactly what our defense was doing. They gave everything out on the field to keep OU from making it a blowout because our incompetent offense couldn't manage to stay on the field for more than 30 seconds. They gave up only one TD off of turnovers, and two FGs, one of which was the result of a goal line stand. They were the reason this game was close. Oklahoma had 455 yards and only 23 points to show for it. You may call that owned, but I call that impressive

As far as the Shawn Watson belief, I can't agree with it for reasons already mentioned.

But I do agree that people shouldn't be harsh on Taylor. He is a freshman QB and very rarely will freshman QBs NOT make mistakes in big games. These things are growing pains and they will happen less and less as he begins to mature. But if he is going to be the future QB, then you have to start somewhere, and unfortunately it came with a loss in the Big XII Championship. He will be better because of this though.