Our Best RS Freshmen

Kenny Bell, He's going to bring the speed we need from our WRs that the offense needs. Read a story on Omaha.com that had the coaches say that if Bell had suited up this year he would've been the fastest WR in the Big XII. He's going to be great on returns next year at least.

*sigh* I'm not sure if I believe anything that the coaches say anymore ;)

still have to have creative minds to get bell the ball. Right now I'm not so sure we do. Gilleylan, Chris Brooks, Mendoza, Paul, all have great speed and what creative ways has our offensive staff done to get them the ball? Hell we didn't even know how fast Brooks was until his pro day.

We ran the wildcat with Paul. That worked out pretty well, did it not? :LOLtartar

Side product of the offense we have. I didn't like it because I think we should maximize all our playmakers at WR/TE etc with a good QB that can get them the ball. Apparently we decided to screw that and put speed at the QB to add a third running threat. I can't say it has worked out too badly either, especially when we get Kyler deep as we've done a number of times.

Until then, any top WR that comes through here will be remembered like Wilson Thomas. "Too bad he wasn't used more."

Kenny Bell, He's going to bring the speed we need from our WRs that the offense needs. Read a story on Omaha.com that had the coaches say that if Bell had suited up this year he would've been the fastest WR in the Big XII. He's going to be great on returns next year at least.

In the up and coming years he will be our Desean Jackson (spelling). This is exactly the kid that I want on our football team as well. Really want to see this kid get in on KR.

Andrew's not a RS freshman though.

Yeah, I nitpicked.

Well neither are Quincy or Ciante. So I guess the whole thread is now bogus.

Sorry, I didn't look back far enough to see those guys mentioned. Just fooling around man... They're all gonna be good ones. At least we're in a position to think so many young guys are going to step up and help our team a lot in the near future, as opposed to having a ton of unknowns (and I remember many years where that was the case).

In the up and coming years he will be our Desean Jackson (spelling). This is exactly the kid that I want on our football team as well. Really want to see this kid get in on KR.

Nailed the spelling EZ. Is Bell really that good? Hopefully you're not just making the comparison for the sake of making one... He could help us a lot if that is the case. If so, he really flew under the radar.

Coaches have said he's fast, and watching his high school highlights (the only video we have on him) shows that he has some wiggle. I wouldn't be surprised if he at least took over the return duties that are left vacant by Paul leaving. He was nagged by a couple of injuries this year, and looking at him he really looked like he needed to put some meat on his bones, but I do think he has the physical capabilities that this offense needs.