Why does this season seem like such a let down?

Last year we had 4 losses total and one of them was a "kick you in the nuts" actual blowout. (Texas Tech) This year we have three loses and they are by a combined 13 points. But why is there a feeling of loss...or embarrassment that wasn't there last year? Is it becasue we were supposed to get smoked in the Big XII game last year and we almost won? Was Suh's Heisman talk a cover for all the other bad stuff last year? Or is it just the rumors that are making me feel so insecure about the team?? I guess being shafted by the bowls hurts too.... oh man.. I have never been less excited about a bowl...this reminds me of 2005 when Michigan was bummed to be playing a lesser team. I think that it was labeled the biggest mismatch of the bowl matchups...we all saw what happened. Nebraska wanted to be there and they didn't.

Oh well...GO BIG RED!

KILL WU (again)

-Texas (Not even bowl eligible)

-Texas A&M (16-2)

-OU (Total implosion and meltdown on offense, very painful to watch. See also: ISU, SDSU, and the most boring game ever played in the history of CFB: KU)

It isn't a bad season, but after the first 3 games so many people were screaming National Champs, BABY!! and with that schedule, it could/should have been if we had a consistent offense. It was hard not to get caught up in all the hype, but it turns out that's all it ever was.

The problem with the losses isn't losing a game, its how we lost the games. Complete meltdowns, not like we played our best football and came up short, it was embarrassing. I don't remember the losses last year looking as bad. We had a lack of production, for sure, but this year our offense actually seems to move backwards instead of just stagnating. Penalties, fumbles, sacks, etc. It's hard to watch.

• Fire 1

Three reasons:

1): Losing to Texas

2): Losing to Texas

3): Losing to Texas

But seriously, this year was supposed to be the year for us to really give the Big XII the Big Middle Finger. We looked like a juggernaut prior to the Texas game, we were playing what would (although we didn't know it at the time) wind up being pretty much the worst team in the Big XII, and we were playing them at home. To me, that game set the tone for a lot of the season. We thought we were back in the thick of things, then came the Texas A&M game. Yeah, half the penalties were bogus, but that doesn't change the fact that our offense (or should I say our kicker?) scored a measly 6 points. In the Big XII Championship, we jumped out to a three-score lead early. We didn't have the penalties. We didn't have the dropped passes. We had the turnovers. We watched a 17-point lead melt down into a tie by the end of the first half, and did next to nothing in the second half.

I guess to sum it up, it was a let down because Nebraska didn't get beaten by superior teams, Nebraska got beaten by Nebraska.

I guess to sum it up, it was a let down because Nebraska didn't get beaten by superior teams, Nebraska got beaten by Nebraska.

I would have to say that, ten years from now, the 2010 Huskers team and coaches are going to look back on this season with a lot of regret. We had a huge opportunity this year and lost it, all on our own.

Simple. We didnt attain the goals we set out to reach. The #1 goal was to win the B12 with a secondary goal of beating UT. Neither of which happened thus the dissappointment. Last years team we didnt really know what to expect considering it was Bo's 2nd year and by all accounts we met most of the goals set forth namely just getting better.

I think the disappointment comes from a few fronts. First off, our start and Taylor's play had us thinking national title. We lost to UT, which was a big let down, but many of us switched our focus to winning the Big 12 and, at least in my mind, running the regular season table to line up a BCS bowl even in the event of a Big 12 title game loss. Texas A&M hurt. We got screwed. And it was hard to hear all the...wow, your coach is a nut ball jabs. After that, we looked to the Fiesta Bowl, but knew the foe would be from the Big East, not exactly an exciting proposition. So we switched our focus to beating our old rival OU one last time, forcing Beebe to hand that trophy to Bo, then heading off to the desert to beat down the Big East and sign for a 12-2 season. We lost the title game instead, got screwed by the bowls and were forced to endure a continuing string of rumors about Taylor and what will happen after the season. The feeling was that the Big 12 title loss ended our season, because the bowl looks soooooo crappy. And there was nothing else much to talk about since any discussions involve wild speculation. The fact is that we won't know much about the future of Husker football for a few months, maybe longer. We don't want the season to be over. We wish it had gone a little better. So we're just a bit nerved up here. Hopefully this will all pass. At least we go into this uncertain time knowing that T.O. is our AD and will make good decisions for this program, if decisions are even required of him.

This was our last Big XII tour and we blew it against Texas, Texas A&M, and OU. Against Texas, it looked like there was no passion out there...the team should have been completely fired up for that game and they weren't. A&M...6 points enough said. OU we blew a 17 point lead...never should have happened.

Mostly us fans wanted to go out winners and get some redemption. We didn't get it so we are a little bummed about it. It is still a pretty good season and now we are going into the unknown in the Big 10.

• Fire 1