new stud coming to the huskers (most likely)

I have seen jewel play and i have been somewhat impressed. But if hes blown both of his knees out isnt there somewhat of a injury liability factor there. If you hirt it once it makes it easier to hirt it again.

yes just ask Kody Spano, Taylor Martinez and prob some others I cant think of right off the top my head.

Between Burkhead, Aaron Green and Austin Jones, not to mention guys like D-Tray and Lester Ward, we're reasonably set at RB.

And don't forget Braylon Heard! Well...if he passes his ACT...whoo hoo!

You can never have to much depth at any position. Just look at the QB position it went from solid too... almost Ron Kellogg in a matter of a week. Also last year at RB when Helu got hurt in the Mizzou game, then Rex broke his foot. We were down to basically Tray Robinson burning his redshirt and running the ball against Iowa State.

I don't think we'll see him or Wegner here. The fact that the Big 10 limits them from going to another Big 10 school should be enough evidence. I'm sure the Big 10 is smart enough to have a clause including NU at this time since we aren't "officially" part of the Big 10 yet. Good luck to him wherever he goes, he has the ability to be a good back, but I don't know if physically he's gonna be able to do it.

Just stating my opinion....but as many have said, no one from Iowa will end up at NU.... I would assume that as of 2nd semester, we are considered a Big 10 FOOTBALL school... probably "sport specific" on time-line to transfer... No one will choose to sit out 2 years just to play for NU. Sorry.

Furthermore, since this is just rumor..... on 1620 the zone today, they were visiting with an Iowa reporter and he mentioned that Hampton may be transferring because of his possible involvement with Johnson-Koulionos (sp) drug "ring".... and that many others may be involved. NOW, THIS WAS RUMOR ON RADIO.... not real fair to the kid to put that out there, but it was broadcasted by professionals, not me.

If this is the case, DONT WANT HIM, DONT NEED HIM

One of my good high school friends who goes to Iowa told me that the news that the police found a laptop with names of customers on it at DJK's house is legit, and therefore the ESPN report where Ferentz said their drug testing "might be flawed" makes sense. He was basically saying a lot of the players really did get their stuff from DJK and that they cheated on the drug tests, and that was that. Apparently that's cool in Hawkeye land. Seems really dumb to me.

Also, this same friend and I are good friends with a redshirting offensive tackle for the Hawkeyes that also went to school with us, and apparently the lineman confirmed Wegher wants to come to NU.

Doesn't make any sense to me, if Iowa's AD did in fact say he couldn't transfer here. USD makes more sense to me. But if somebody on the team says it's true... Take it FWIW.

Between Burkhead, Aaron Green and Austin Jones, not to mention guys like D-Tray and Lester Ward, we're reasonably set at RB.

We will have one proven back on campus for certain next fall and that is Rex Burkhead. Let's not pretend that we are deep at that spot at all because we are not. Green and Robinson are the only two that I can see contributing next year that we mentioned. Heard if he makes it.

We will have one proven back on campus for certain next fall and that is Rex Burkhead. Let's not pretend that we are deep at that spot at all because we are not. Green and Robinson are the only two that I can see contributing next year that we mentioned. Heard if he makes it.

THIS. Rex will be NU's man next year, and barring injury we have see plenty of flashes of the crazy skills and football savvy the kid has. From that standpoint I am stoked. Green probably slides in at the number 2 spot and I can easily see him having a year like Rex did as a frosh. If he can quickly learn blitz pickups, identification, pass pro he will play even more. Tray, I give a pass to this year. The things this KID went through before the season is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy(even Dan Beebe). You know the mental part of the game for him wasn't there 100% this last year. If he can secure the rock he will see alot more carries next year and definitely is NU's power back.

Now Hampton is an interesting rumor. Yes he has rubberbands for knee ligaments, but he can hit that homerun still at any second. Is Iowa losing something huge or is it a case of addition by subtraction. Until more comes out I am not buying into this one.

Hopefully Braylon raised his score the 1 point he needs and gets here. If he can pass and get in this spring it would obviously help the RB situation. But if not we are 1 1/2 deep RIGHT NOW going into next year at RB. And we have seen the toll that NU's ball carriers take the last two seasons with injuries. Something to keep an eye on.

And I noticed this will be post 701 which means the jersey is in the locker and the only way to exxplain how it feels is this

• Fire 2

THIS. Rex will be NU's man next year, and barring injury we have see plenty of flashes of the crazy skills and football savvy the kid has. From that standpoint I am stoked. Green probably slides in at the number 2 spot and I can easily see him having a year like Rex did as a frosh. If he can quickly learn blitz pickups, identification, pass pro he will play even more. Tray, I give a pass to this year. The things this KID went through before the season is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy(even Dan Beebe). You know the mental part of the game for him wasn't there 100% this last year. If he can secure the rock he will see alot more carries next year and definitely is NU's power back.

Now Hampton is an interesting rumor. Yes he has rubberbands for knee ligaments, but he can hit that homerun still at any second. Is Iowa losing something huge or is it a case of addition by subtraction. Until more comes out I am not buying into this one.

Hopefully Braylon raised his score the 1 point he needs and gets here. If he can pass and get in this spring it would obviously help the RB situation. But if not we are 1 1/2 deep RIGHT NOW going into next year at RB. And we have seen the toll that NU's ball carriers take the last two seasons with injuries. Something to keep an eye on.

And I noticed this will be post 701 which means the jersey is in the locker and the only way to exxplain how it feels is this

Easily the best movie reference I have seen on this board in awhile. If Braylon would have made it this year, this would be a totally different story. I do believe he will be here soon though.

If we get Wegher or Hampton I would be excited. As long as Hampton's reasoning for leaving the team wasn't what seems to be brewing in Iowa City.