Chatelain's Morning Article

There's too many things that most of us do not know. If it is true that Lee didn't play this year because he's not Pelini's boy, then does that fall on Wats? None of us know how much of a hand Bo had in the offense. If it was quite a bit, then does that fall on Wats? If the offense was a direct reflection of Watson, yes he needs to be gone. However, if Watson didn't have the authority to play whichever players he chose and when then I don't think we can fault and/or fire him. What it really comes down to is what kind of deck was used and how was it dealt? Only the true insiders know this, and maybe only Wats and Bo know this.

None of this matters except that IF Bo is over ruling watson on players and styles then he needs an OC that thinks like and has the same direction as he does. Plain and simple. It's Bo's fault that Watson is still here. It's Bo's fault that the offense is crap. It's Bo's fault the offense has no identity. It's Bo's fault we don't know why Zac Lee didn't play. Everything is now on his shoulders. Last year the O fell apart and Watson took heat. Now Bo has to take the heat because it's his call to make the change and so far he has not.

A few years ago Mike Leach went off on his Defense after a game midseason. His DC was gone shortly after. If Bo truly believes this offensive staff is going to get it together then Bo Pelini is not HC material. If he won't make the changes than Bo Pelini is not HC material.

Six (almost half) of our games this season the offense was pathetic. SDSU 17 points (FCS school), Texas, Texas A&M, OU, KU, last night....no more excuses. When your offense is crap for almost half the season (and not the first half but all over the schedule) something has to change.

Exactly, and like another poster mentioned, we had all of last year with similar results. Even if this is not Watsgrove's "fault" there is definitely a disconnect between he, Bo, and the rest of the offensive staff. At this point, the only offensive coach that I want back is Brown. Cotton is here because he and Bo got along really well when they were here in 2003, but Bo needs to cut those ties, too. If Beck is from the same mold/mindset as Watgrove, he needs to go, too.

I don't even care about last night's game. The CCG was it for me. We could've been in the insight bowl playing Iowa and I still wouldn't have been excited. I'm so upset that Roy Helu and Alex Henery were wasted on this offense...

Actually, I'm glad we had Henery while we had this offense. Think how bad it could have been without him getting us at least 3 points when the offense was on the field.

sorry if this has been posted already, i havent seen it. Hes been dead on all year, for those that follow. I was pretty shocked at that he just came out and said it a few times, but the truth hurts.

But to move Nebraska into rarefied air, Bo must become a better CEO. He must fix the little things that separate a top-20 program from a top-5 powerhouse.

He has to make tough calls. He has to learn from mistakes. He has to hurt feelings.

He has to get rid of Shawn Watson.

That's where it starts. No more Kool-Aid drinking. No more excuses.

This relationship isn't working, and we didn't need another offensive disaster (189 total yards!) to realize it.

Watson's offense cost Nebraska two Big 12 championships. It remains a mess. No consistency. No innovation. No execution. No clue what it wants to be, or how to get there.

Many times, we've documented the problems. At this point, they're too many to count. Doesn't matter who's at fault. Nebraska needs a new start.

After the game, Pelini said he expects to have everyone on staff to return in 2011. But Watson said he didn't know if he'd be back.

"We'll see what happens," Watson said.

Linky

I don't see the praise for Chatelain, this is old news. We all knew this. Thank you.

Dirk is a guy that calls it straight. I like Sam's 'day after' article as well. Different styles, but both in contrast to Sipple, who is just full of sunshine...which I don't mind, usually, except I've gone over to the 'dark side' this year and have started being pretty critical of high-level decision making in the program, and these are a couple of guys that don't hold back what they are thinking.

AMEN!! He nails that one just like it should be called!! Hope makes this reading material for Bo in the next few days.

I'm sure Bo will log on at his usual time to gauge our feedback and adjust his philosophy/gameplan accordingly...

you know, you can joke about this if you want to, but i am sure Bo understands he has a major prob with the whole offensive organization...we are all now wondering if he will do something concerning the prob.