My thoughts on Just About Everything that is Husker at the Moment

EZ-E

Yep, I was one of those, but after watching Martinez hold the ball and take a sack, basically not being able to pass, not improve on reading defenses. I would of took anybody else at QB. Did martinez ever make a cut, nope just straight line speed, no shifty moves.

Looks to me if he has anykind of injury he is useless, just because he cannot throw.

Bingo- wilber24

I was at the game watching from a Luxury Box. I couldn’t believe his lack of ability to move laterally. Additionally his pocket presence was horrible. A lot of people on this site have been complaining about our offensive lines performance, which was below average at best. But how many times did he extend the pocket and was unable to slide out of the pressure. Cody Green did a much better job of stepping into the pocket.

Now I want to make it clear I am a Martinez fan. I live out in caly very close to Corona were Martinez played his senior year. The crazy thing is how many people I have run into that have ties to Taylor. One of those people was an assistant coach at Corona and he couldn't say enough about the kid. Said he was a hard worker and a raw talent. He also said that he has been prone to injuries and this was before he got hurt. Personally I want to see him improve and lead this team. If not well let the best man step up.

EZ

I enjoyed your post and find your opinion interesting but believable.

FYI All-

I have a lot of respect for this board and enjoy reading all of your opinions as crazy as some may be. I am hoping I can find the time to add to the craziness in the future.

Best

• Fire 1

As many of you know, I am not anti-Watson. I think he is a very great offensive mind. Here is how the whole TMart thing happened. If you understand this I really think you will understand why I feel the way that I do about Watson.

Two weeks before the season our coaches were ready to name Zac Lee the starting QB. Every last one of them. Watson had plans for TMart. TMart would be on the field in a 15 play package as a change of pace QB and he would be brought on slowly. It was not until the last practice where TMart broke 3 40+ yard runs on our first team defense that anyone had even thought about starting him. After that Bo made his decision and said we will start TMart at QB. So our offense went from being multiple with an experienced QB that could make multiple reads and go through multiple progressions and make all the pre-snap reads into an offense that can run around 25 plays. You saw last night that there are things that TMart just flat out cannot do. One of them is make good pre-snap reads. He can't slide the protection against the blitz, he can not throw the ball as accurately as some give him credit for. Will Muschamp is also on record saying that TMart never reads defenses, he just kind of guesses and pre-determines his reads. He is a one trick pony that when given the time to prepare for anyone can stop.

So with that above stated, Bo handcuffed him. I also strongly believe that we stayed with him down the stretch of the season because Bo was just too proud to admit that he had made a mistake.

I was in the Zac Lee camp before the year. It is hard to say that our senior QB with a year of experience could have done any worse. I do also know that Bo was angry at Zac for getting that surgery in the off season.

In regards to Watson though, a change needs to be made. The way that Bo wants to run an offense that does not suit him. It is not Watson's strong point. Bring in someone new and let them hire their own assistants. We can't have this mixed breed of coaches that don't compliment each other at all.

Barney Cotton should be ashamed of himself after what happened the other night. He needs to go. TO was not doing anyone any favors when he insisted that Barney be given the job. This is my only issue with TO. Loyalty to a fault.

Ted Gilmore, see yah. I wish I could say that it was a pleasure, but I would be lying. Every success that any individual WR has had has been in spite of you not because of you. You took a kid like Niles Paul and made him the brunt of ridicule and the punchline of our jokes when he should have been a first round draft pick.

Bo, you have to decide whether you are ment to be a HC or not. You have some big decisions that need to be made here.

Bo did recieve a lot more private scrutanty than he did public after the aTm game. He will be mentioned for other jobs this off-season. Stay tuned because these next 4 weeks are going to be very interesting.

Bump

Bo did recieve a lot more private scrutanty than he did public after the aTm game. He will be mentioned for other jobs this off-season. Stay tuned because these next 4 weeks are going to be very interesting.

Bump

Which are going to cause daily meltdowns, which all of this in the end, is much ado about nothing.

Les Miles isn't leaving (unless he's feasting on a retard sandwich), Bo isn't leaving (unless Les is sharing his sandwich)....

Performance psychology is universal. I'm a golf professional and work with players of all abilities and ages. I can't make a person consistently break 80 if that person won't work on their short game and putting. That's not on me. There has to be a desire to get better and an understanding that I can help them get better. There also needs to be trust that what I am trying to teach will help them lower their scores.

If a parent brings me their child and wants me to help them get a scholarship, then dictates what we work on, it doesn't work. I've had parents tell me that they heard on TV, that you need to be in the fairway to score better, so I need to get junior's driver straightened out. Which may be true, but junior 3putts more than he 2putts and can't chip to save his life. Nevermind that having a good short game will reduce tension on full shots, which will then produce better full shots and less reliance on the short game. If you know that you can get it up and down from anywhere, then that shot from the fairway or tee becomes less important and thus, easier to execute.

Which Micheal Vick would you rather have? The one who played for Atlanta and eschewed preparation, who took off after one read, or the one who plays for Philly now, who has more patience, goes through his reads and actually spends time in the film room studying his opponents and works on his game.

Development is a 2-way street. One has to want to get better and work at it. The player who already knows it all won't get better.

Was Joe Ganz more talented than Taylor Martinez? He sure played a helluva lot better. From what I understand, he was a filmrat, he worked very hard to learn every aspect of the offense he played in. He studied his opponents and understood their weaknesses and bought in to the gameplan and had the patience to make ALL of the reads and then took off only when there was no other choice.

Minor Orangeblack or Chrissy Simms? One had the pedigree and rocket arm, was pretty much clueless, yet already knew it all, the other just knew what the defense was trying to do and found a way to exploit that with limited physical abilities.

I don't know what the hell happened on Thursday night. It looked to me that we got completely dominated on both offensive and defensive lines. Who is responsible for motivating the team? How can Jake Locker keep running wild? Garrett Gilbert ran wild, too. A little help on the play calling might have helped a struggling line. There has to be a lane for the shovel pass to work, why no screen passes? If what Big Willie mentioned about Beck doing prep and Watson calling the game is true, then that is a recipe for disaster. After our previous matchup with them and our running domination, I figured that they would scheme to stop the run. I can't believe that we didn't try to adjust. The only thing I know is our O-line has looked average at best all season. D-Line hasn't looked very good either, but from what I've read about Pelini's scheme, they are to occupy blocks and funnel the ball to LBs, so they could be doing a great job within the defensive scheme.

I don't care who the QB is or what the offense is trying to do, if the line can't block then there is not much that will work. A screen pass or 2 will make the defense at least think twice about just pinning their ears back. I'm starting to think that Watson would be better off somewhere else, especially if Bo doesn't trust him and meddles in what he is trying to do. The whole cooking and buying the ingredients thing. I know if I'm being held responsible for results, then you better let me do it my way. If you make me work on junior's driver 90% of the time, don't blame me if he keeps shooting 90. If junior doesn't want to practice chipping and putting, I can't make him break 80.

This is a great read. I'll give you a +1 and a kudos.

Was Joe Ganz more talented than Taylor Martinez? He sure played a helluva lot better. From what I understand, he was a filmrat, he worked very hard to learn every aspect of the offense he played in. He studied his opponents and understood their weaknesses and bought in to the gameplan and had the patience to make ALL of the reads and then took off only when there was no other choice.

Did he also study throwing the 11 int's with most of those going for points against NEbraska to? chuckleshuffle

Did he also study throwing the 11 int's with most of those going for points against NEbraska to? chuckleshuffle

He was also a senior.

This whole Taylor/Zac thing is hard because when Taylor was at his best he was fun to watch and won us games. But he wasnt at his best often, and when he was bad, he was REALLLLLLY bad.

I dont think Zac wins us anymore games, and i think we lose the Okie St. game with Lee at QB.

It is over and done with. I hope Taylor grows as a QB and becomes healthy. When healthy he is explosive.

This whole Taylor/Zac thing is hard because when Taylor was at his best he was fun to watch and won us games. But he wasnt at his best often, and when he was bad, he was REALLLLLLY bad.

I dont think Zac wins us anymore games, and i think we lose the Okie St. game with Lee at QB.

It is over and done with. I hope Taylor grows as a QB and becomes healthy. When healthy he is explosive.

we need him to be more than healthy, throwing technique, decision making, going through his progressions and being able to step up or roll out....he has a lot of work to do!!

we need him to be more than healthy, throwing technique, decision making, going through his progressions and being able to step up or roll out....he has a lot of work to do!!

I agree, but you're high if you think he can become a balanced QB. I just want him to be a good one.

No way I'm reading this ridiculous thread, but I'll say this, sorry if it's been said. No way Zac goes from starter to 3rd string because of a couple Taylor runs in practice. If Zac was about to be named starter and was dethroned, wouldn't that bump him down to 2nd string? This is where the OP's opinion crumbles. Nice try super guy. Your sources don't exist.

I agree, but you're high if you think he can become a balanced QB. I just want him to be a good one.

Oh, we're "high" if we think a freshman qb can't improve greatly? Yeah right....then what is your "balance" requirement then? E. Crouch running the ball & D. Marino throwing it? Sure, those guys are just everywhere. So easy to find.

Tmart when healthy "already" is a huge playmaker with his feet and if any team in the nation needs playmakers it's us. We get an OC and/or qb coach that knows something besides the WCO will be extremely helpful too. Have a little faith Debbie Downer.

How many fumbles did Ganz have?

He was also a senior.

Yes, Joe Ganz was a senior. He knew more plays. Kind of making my point. What was everyone expecting with a one dimensional redshirt freshman at the most critical position on offense?

I'm pretty sure Ganz's commitment to getting better and his hard nosed attitude EARNED the respect of his teammates. The respect has to be earned, even from the QB. I believe respect can be earned from a young player. The comments about this being "his team" demonstrates, in my opinion, that Taylor was expecting to get that respect just by being named the QB. I'm not sure he followed that up with hard work in the film room and on the practice field. The footwork and the panic in the pocket were indicators of something not sinking in. We should have been able to expand the playbook as the year went on. Yet, everyone complains that we were unimaginitive and predictable, and we were. All I'm saying is I'm not totally convinced it was just one man's fault.

Although, I think something needs to be done. If Bo doesn't want to run the type of offense that Watson is good at coaching, then he needs to find a coach that's good at coaching(teaching) the offense that he wants to run.

I see a red flag, though. How did Taylor light up the first string defense in fall practice? It would seem his defenses are susceptible to a mobile QB. Garrett Gilbert ran successfully. So did Jake Locker.

I wouldn't even call Gilbert mobile.

And our O-Line was not very good.