The 2011 QB Thread

During the under armour all american practice they were talking about jamal turner and according to them bo said he will not be redshirted and he will enter lincoln as a quarterback. Does anyone think he has a chance?

Don't know about his prospects as starter, but Turner looks awfully little out there, and that's amongst other high schoolers.....

I'll agree with that.

My hope is Brion Carnes gets an opportunity somehow to show what he can do. I think the coaches are going to ride the Martinez train until the wheels fall off again so I'm just hoping he gets an opportunity. I'm interested to see what he does with it if it should come his way. My favorite QB out of all the prospects we have.

Martinez in e-mail to AP: I'm committed to Huskers

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Quarterback Taylor Martinez is returning to Nebraska for his sophomore season, and he wants to quash speculation that he's thinking of transferring.

Casey Martinez, Taylor's father, e-mailed a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday in which Taylor said he's looking forward to "using these past year's experiences and challenges to help me become a better all-around person, football player and leader."

Like I said: Taylor Martinez

From the ESPN Big 12 Blog today, Martinez' dad emails ESPN to clarify his future intentions:

"To dismiss any rumors on my thoughts of transferring I'd like to state that I am anxious to get back to Nebraska Sunday evening and look forward to getting healthy and getting my strength and speed back," Martinez said via his father, Casey Martinez, in an e-mail to ESPN.com. "I also look forward to using these past year's experiences and challenges to help me become a better all around person, football player and leader. I feel that with the players that we have coming back, along with the new talent that is coming into the Husker program that we will have great success for many years under coach [bo] Pelini."

LINK

I really couldn't care less who starts at QB. We have an OLine that can't block, WR's that can't catch and don't make plays on the ball (every other team that I have watched in the BCS bowls have WR's that actually go for the ball and can catch it when the throw is bad, but still hits them in the hands), and every single QB we have had lately can't go through their progressions and just lock onto a WR. Ganz did it, Lee did it, Green does it, Martinez does it, and anyone else will do it too, because that is what they are learning practice. Fix all those things, plus fumbles and penalties, and we should be all right with whoever gets the job.

Lots of work to do on offense.