Frost's dad speaks, Scott wants to come home

Why not a lateral move? We can give him $50K more and it sounds he wants to be at Nebraska anyway.

How many NC bonuses you think he's going to see at Nebraska the next two years? Now how about at Oregon?

Bonuses for winning the national title? In the next two years? Almost surely zero at either place.

My understanding is you get some just for showing up.

Still Zero on both accounts. Oregon has to deal with Colorado and Utah now, slighly j/k. Plus USC will be off probation in 2012 if not 2011.

Pete the Cheat is gone my man. Oregon is playing basketball on a football field in scoring. Frost is in for some major bonuses. If we're adding some sprinkles to his Sunday instead of another scoop, I don't think that's going to do it. Could be wrong. Total speculation. All the same, I can't imagine why a lateral move to Nebraska would be worth it to him, unless nostalgia is just that strong.

Just because Pete the Cheat is gone doesnt mean USC cant beat Oregon. Anybody can beat Oregon their were a few mediocre teams that stayed with Oregon for 3 quarters and then some. Like Knapplc said a lot of stars had to line up Oregon to get to the NCG and Auburn too. Oregon going back to the NCG again within 2 years really hard, unless you got a dynasty going, which Oregon dont. This isnt the mid 90s anymore. Its getting harder and harder for teams to even repeat as Conference Champions let alone go to the NCG.

Why not a lateral move? We can give him $50K more and it sounds he wants to be at Nebraska anyway.

How many NC bonuses you think he's going to see at Nebraska the next two years? Now how about at Oregon?

Bonuses for winning the national title? In the next two years? Almost surely zero at either place.

My understanding is you get some just for showing up.

Still Zero on both accounts. Oregon has to deal with Colorado and Utah now, slighly j/k. Plus USC will be off probation in 2012 if not 2011.

Pete the Cheat is gone my man. Oregon is playing basketball on a football field in scoring. Frost is in for some major bonuses. If we're adding some sprinkles to his Sunday instead of another scoop, I don't think that's going to do it. Could be wrong. Total speculation. All the same, I can't imagine why a lateral move to Nebraska would be worth it to him, unless nostalgia is just that strong.

Just because Pete the Cheat is gone doesnt mean USC cant beat Oregon. Anybody can beat Oregon their were a few mediocre teams that stayed with Oregon for 3 quarters and then some. Like Knapplc said a lot of stars had to line up Oregon to get to the NCG and Auburn too. Oregon going back to the NCG again within 2 years really hard, unless you got a dynasty going, which Oregon dont. This isnt the mid 90s anymore. Its getting harder and harder for teams to even repeat as Conference Champions let alone go to the NCG.

Saying that a lot of stars have to align to go to an NC game twice is about as much of a point as saying you have to win a lot of football games to go to an NC game. This is a team that can take a half off and then put up 28 points by accident. I'm not making my NC game predictions here. My overall point is that Frost has a shot at seeing some big dough from bonus payouts at Oregon before he gets his chances at coordinator jobs. If Nebraska wants him, better open the wallet big time for a lateral move or bump him up the ladder.

Forget the bonuses. That's just an additional motivation that Oregon is a helluva lot more likely to make it with that offense than we are with our schedule. The fact is Chip Kelly has come out and said they'd do what was reasonable to keep him around. So again I say, if it's a lateral move, we'd better be talking huge dollars. Frost is liked, respected, building a reputation, at a championship-caliber school, and will no doubt be seeing plenty of interest for coordinator positions in the next 2-5 years. You can't know the guy's heart, clearly, but from an outsider's perspective, I don't see why Nebraska fans think he's going to come to be our WR coach for an extra 50k.

I see what you're saying. I have zero info on Frost coming back to Nebraska, other than purely circumstantial stuff. I have no idea what's going on in his head or if he wants to come back.

Circumstantial stuff includes the fact that he still owns a house here, he still has connections to his church here, he has connections to some charitable and philanthropic organizations here, etc. No smoking guns at all.

Frost isn't being unreasonable here. Nebraska is desperate on the offensive side of the ball. Frost has a sweet job -- he doesn't need to make a lateral move. He's loved where he is, he's making good money, Nike can always provide more money, and Oregon is (frankly) a more successful and stable program than is Nebraska at the moment. Pelini got a coordinator position here in 2003 without any better resume than Frost's, by my judgment.

Frost isn't being unreasonable here. Nebraska is desperate on the offensive side of the ball. Frost has a sweet job -- he doesn't need to make a lateral move. He's loved where he is, he's making good money, Nike can always provide more money, and Oregon is (frankly) a more successful and stable program than is Nebraska at the moment. Pelini got a coordinator position here in 2003 without any better resume than Frost's, by my judgment.

You're forgetting there are plenty of candidates out there. IMO Warinner is a MUCH better hire for OC, at least on paper. Frost isn't going to get anywhere near an OC offer from another BCS school for at least a few years. NU's fan base is willing to bend over backwards to get him, but I hope the HC is not.

Forget the bonuses. That's just an additional motivation that Oregon is a helluva lot more likely to make it with that offense than we are with our schedule. The fact is Chip Kelly has come out and said they'd do what was reasonable to keep him around. So again I say, if it's a lateral move, we'd better be talking huge dollars. Frost is liked, respected, building a reputation, at a championship-caliber school, and will no doubt be seeing plenty of interest for coordinator positions in the next 2-5 years. You can't know the guy's heart, clearly, but from an outsider's perspective, I don't see why Nebraska fans think he's going to come to be our WR coach for an extra 50k.

I see what you're saying. I have zero info on Frost coming back to Nebraska, other than purely circumstantial stuff. I have no idea what's going on in his head or if he wants to come back.

Circumstantial stuff includes the fact that he still owns a house here, he still has connections to his church here, he has connections to some charitable and philanthropic organizations here, etc. No smoking guns at all.

Those are all helpful for us, I think. Here's what I think: if Frost can get co-OC tacked onto his title, and gets a hand in creating/editing the playbook, and some reasonable level of game planning or playcalling duties along with a position to coach (QB or WR), he should come with an average-good raise. It would be a big career move, because even if he's not the clear #1, he's certainly budged himself in line at Nebraska, and if that shot doesn't come soon enough but our offense succeeds, guess who's a young hotshot co-OC for the taking? Pimp daddy Frost.

• Fire 1

Oh come on, Frost. You are better than grandstanding or public posturing like this.

He isn't entitled to anything; I say the ball should be in his court.

You on Pelini using the Miami rumor as an attempt to get a raise:

It's a fair tactic and it works. Like the Google employees who go get facebook interviews. All got raises.

If this were any other job it would be no big deal. Heck variety is good for you. Could want to pick up and move around just for the experience, try some new things. But that's why coaches are paid so much: because they are that valuable. Bo picking up and leaving could leave our program in shambles.

That's why they get the big bucks.

owned025.jpg

Ouch, you got me.

+1, sir.

It doesn't endear me to Frost though, I can tell you that. If we are drawing analogies then, Frost is using us as the pawn in his game to get a raise at Oregon. Fair enough for him. But don't expect sympathy from Husker fans.

I don't think that is quite what he is doing though. I think he actually wants a job here and is trying to lobby for a full coordinator job, to the media. I don't like that too much.

I completely understand his reasoning though. Were I Frost, I wouldn't leave a nice gig like he has now unless it is for a promotion like that. I just don't like being on the receiving end of this media game he is playing.

i don't care if it is Oregon, 2 years and little or no experience with adversity?

simply as a WR coach? common, he damn sure won't have the same brain trust on offense here as he does there...no deal as OC!

Best post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WR/QBs coach with a chance to move up, you are damn straight. Lone OC, SNOWBALLS HAVE BETTER CHANCES IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless he gets the full coordinator job, or at least co-coordinator with play-calling responsibilities, Oregon is a better job.

He can stay at Oregon as WRs coach, or get promoted to Co-OC, and the whole time he can be the hyped-up assistant coach, Chip Kelly's golden prodigy, and just wait until someone inevitably offers him a coordinator job, because Oregon's offense isn't going to suck anytime soon, not as long as Kelly is there.

On the other hand, he could come to Nebraska as co-OC, but what if Tim Beck is calling plays and the offense bombs? What if it stays as bad as it did with Watson? Then Frost tarnishes his own growing reputation without even having the actual responsibilities of an offensive coordinator.

Unless we give him the real thing, I think he stays in Oregon, and I think that's probably the right move for him personally.

And so many of you that can do better than Watson don't think Frost is up to the task? I remember Solich taking a chance on a lb coach out of Green Bay to be dc!!! Frost would be beter at calling plays than watson according to many of you or should we let you call the plays? I get confused.

That LBs coach from Green Bay came very highly recommended by one of the most respected defensive minds of all time in Monte Kiffin.