Gilmore to USC?

HuskerNMO

I had that one on there too but I figured it showed some nipping and I'd get in trouble so i deleted it

Pretty sure it had been posted on the main board before. I remember the Jimmy Clausen look alike chilling in the background of the pic. But yeah Lane=a giant douche, but with hottie that I would volunteer being a douche for

I would imagine USC is having some difficulty convincing coaches to come work there with the sanctions that are set to take effect. Combine that with possible sanctions against Kiffin due to his Tennessee days pending and it's not the same gig it was during Carroll's heyday.

Even so Knapp, I find it odd that with the whole wide world of coaches lil Kiff could hhave to choose from, they pick Gilmore. Obviously, he's available, but so are literally hundreds of other candidates. I guess I could see them taking him on the merit of the solid recruiting classes we've had during his time as RC, but even then, that lone redeeming quality doesn't even have anything to do with teaching young men to become better receivers.

It's not a small matter to move your family across the country and set up a life when you don't know how stable that position is. I think it's well understood that Kiffin isn't in a comfy seat at USC. He may be gone, and quite soon. The list of coaches willing to take on such an assignment falls from "hundreds" to "a few" pretty quickly in that scenario.

Never thought I'd say this, but Golmore seems like a good fit at USC. The receivers that they recruit at SC are 6'4" freaks that have natural talent out of HS. Normally the thing that holds guys like them back is poor blocking, which is the one thing I would consider Gilmore good at developing.

Never thought I'd say this, but Golmore seems like a good fit at USC. The receivers that they recruit at SC are 6'4" freaks that have natural talent out of HS. Normally the thing that holds guys like them back is poor blocking, which is the one thing I would consider Gilmore good at developing.

Kiffin went after Gilmore a couple years ago and Gilmore turned down the job, so given that he's coming after him again it would seem that Kiffin has high respect for Gilmore's abilities. Certainly they mesh from a schematic standpoint.

I think the development of our receiver's blocking has had more to do with the offensive direction taken in the last two years (where our receivers have been called on to do little more than block) rather than Gilmore's specific abilities. He's a much better guy in a WCO environment. We saw improvement in our receiver play when he gave in '05 and he should definitely be given credit for his work with Swift/Peterson/Purify. Big move for Gilmore, an upgrade really, and I'd expect him to do well.