SIGNED DT Vincent Valentine

Nexus

We will be alright moving Pirman to TE, because Els is going to better at developing LBs than Ekler.

Please, oh please, tell me how this conclusion was made.

we improved at LB coach.

Ek had a lot of fanfare and was a crowd favorite, but he wasn't on par with the rest of the defensive coaching staff. Out of all of our defensive coaches from last year he was the most expendable. I believe Dillard stated his development was in large part due to Carl's influence. David has natural instincts that has helped him succeed. Really when you look at it, if David went down last year we had no capable/proven backup.

I wish Ek the best at Indiana, but I don't think he was a good fit here.

Edit: Slaughter maybe a nice addition.

We will be alright moving Pirman to TE, because Els is going to better at developing LBs than Ekler.

we improved at LB coach.

And curiosity killed that cat, but how is that assumption made? Just curious. I mean Els spent half his career coaching safeties and the secondary, his natural position being it is what he played in college. Is this arguement based on Noah Keller? Again show me why Els will develop guys better

Ek had a lot of fanfare and was a crowd favorite, but he wasn't on par with the rest of the defensive coaching staff. Out of all of our defensive coaches from last year he was the most expendable. I believe Dillard stated his development was in large part due to Carl's influence. David has natural instincts that has helped him succeed. Really when you look at it, if David went down last year we had no capable/proven backup.

Interesting considering Ekler had spent how many years with Bo learning his system and teaching what Bo was looking for in his LB's? Again what has Els proven. Sayin it was a bold statement.

And for the record, I am not being a stubborn combative ass for the hell of it. The Bump When Thread in the Other Stuff Section explains a lot of it

we improved at LB coach.

this.

I dont know who will be a better linebacker coach but just because you did not play the position, doesnt mean you can't coach it or lean it very well.

I never play WR but it is probably one of the positions I coach best, I have a very hard time coaching DB's though.

Interesting considering Ekler had spent how many years with Bo learning his system and teaching what Bo was looking for in his LB's? Again what has Els proven. Sayin it was a bold statement.

And for the record, I am not being a stubborn combative ass for the hell of it. The Bump When Thread in the Other Stuff Section explains a lot of it

I'm not going to turn this into a bash Ek session, I have my opinion and you obviously have yours'. That is cool.

i would be very disappointed with only 2 OL and only 2 DB's. we need to be taking at least 3 OL every year, as it is such an unpredictable, slow developing and important position. DB is simply a need position, particularly if CJ doesn't make it. even if he makes it, he is apparently the only high school DB we took this year (barring a move from davie or abdullah). we can't come up short there two years in a row.

obviously it gets tough to address all needs with a short class, but, as stated, i think it will be a bigger class than 15.

I'm not going to turn this into a bash Ek session, I have my opinion and you obviously have yours'. That is cool.

Truth b told I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I just thought it was a big statement backing an unproven commodity. I hope you're right and he is a great coach, us prove it first.

And Compton was proven LB, but would be unfair to compare the two when looking at the two because it is more a true ILB vs OLB/hybred. In the Big XII David was and ideal LB. If we were in the B1G last year, Compton would been perfectly capable to fill for a hurt Lavonte. So you're comment isn't entirely true.

Again if coing off combative, as Jamie Foxx said....

i would be very disappointed with only 2 OL and only 2 DB's. we need to be taking at least 3 OL every year, as it is such an unpredictable, slow developing and important position. DB is simply a need position, particularly if CJ doesn't make it. even if he makes it, he is apparently the only high school DB we took this year (barring a move from davie or abdullah). we can't come up short there two years in a row.

obviously it gets tough to address all needs with a short class, but, as stated, i think it will be a bigger class than 15.

Yeah I agree on OL, can't afford to take less than 3. I think people are over blowing the TE situation, there are bigger fish to fry. Since Pirman is moving over to TE, I can see the staff sticking with only one this class because they would have brought 2 in last class. For a position that mostly only has 1 on the field, after Cotton and Reed are gone the staff would have 4 TE's on scholly for 2013 assuming they bring in 1 this class and 1 in the 2013 class. I think with walkons that is sufficient.

• 2 months later...