SIGNED DT Vincent Valentine

Nexus

How come VV isn't rated higher? Nice list of offers.

Watch his game film, I'm not that impressed. Great offer list though.

I think DT is one of the hardest positions to evaluate on a recruit. This is of his senior year and I see some good things, he'll be tough to move off the line and plug up the middle.

Seems to get off blocks well and he slides down the line great. Gets good push when he knows it's run then slides to make the tackle. On pass plays when he wants to move his guy it seem he does so with ease. Wins point of attack so we need him. I guess the only downside to this video is how good the competition is. Does any know about that?

I wouldn't get all worked up about how he looks on film. This kid will be a valuable space eater in the B1G. If anyone looks how we performed this year in run defense, many times you saw our DTs pushed aside or double teammed allowing teams to gain 4-5 on average, especially on 1st down(as a defense we didn't win this down a lot). With enough development, he could be the coveted 34 nose gaurd that some NFL teams like.

VV is going to Florida for an O visit this weekend. The staff just offered DT Aaron Curry... I am wondering if the staff is worried about losing him to Florida and that's why they just made a new offer. Curry looks good but i'd rather have VV. We should know a verdict on VV within the next couple of weeks.

Umm....no.

The staff has looked into adding another bi body the last couple of weeks when the number of slots became a little larger. Toughest position to recruit and you can never have enough of them. NU is sitting VERY well with VV

VV is going to Florida for an O visit this weekend. The staff just offered DT Aaron Curry... I am wondering if the staff is worried about losing him to Florida and that's why they just made a new offer. Curry looks good but i'd rather have VV. We should know a verdict on VV within the next couple of weeks.

I'm not worried VV who has had us #1 for quite some time now.....basically he's ours to lose. I think VV will stay in the midwest because way before he had Nebraska VV had his #1 as Illinois until the coaching change and the way that program went down the toilet as the season progressed is how Nebraska eventually became his new #1.