SIGNED DT Vincent Valentine

Nexus

Heading into his weekend visit to Florida, Edwardsville, Ill., defensive tackle Vincent Valentine had Nebraska as his leader by a wide margin.

That is not the case anymore as the Gators have closed in.

“How much I bonded with the coaches,” the three-star Valentine said stuck out the most on his first visit to Gainesville, Fla. “I can see myself playing for them. That really stuck out.”

Hopefully he gets home and stops drinking the :koolaid2:

I'm looking forward to hearing his comments after his Illinois visit...

I'll be curious to see what his twitter feed looks like after the visit. He's such a tease ... Lord knows what he will twitter us with ... and still leave us hanging. He better produce when he finally gets on the field ... cause he really kinda pisses me off with this "'tude" he seems to humor us with. I don't know if I want him ... but he's probably the best left at the position on our board.

I'll be curious to see what his twitter feed looks like after the visit. He's such a tease ... Lord knows what he will twitter us with ... and still leave us hanging. He better produce when he finally gets on the field ... cause he really kinda pisses me off with this "'tude" he seems to humor us with. I don't know if I want him ... but he's probably the best left at the position on our board.

I'm a bit baffled and surprised that we didn't offer Ondre Pipkins. I recall him saying he was interested in us early on in the recruiting cycle, but apparently it wasn't mutual. The mere fact that he lives in Kansas City was another reason to seriously consider him. Having Michael Rose nearby and in his ear would've been a potential bonus.

I'm a bit baffled and surprised that we didn't offer Ondre Pipkins. I recall him saying he was interested in us early on in the recruiting cycle, but apparently it wasn't mutual. The mere fact that he lives in Kansas City was another reason to seriously consider him. Having Michael Rose nearby and in his ear would've been a potential bonus.

True but a couple things. He's originally from Michigan and there are serious question marks with academics. I would have expected us to go after him but maybe the staff saw the red flags with in grades and didn't want to waste time. Maybe he qualifies and the staff looks silly.

I always wondered the same Nexus, not to mention Ondre just got his 5th start today from rivals. He blew up at the Army All-American game during the week of practice. A couple of the rivals writers said he had the best week out of any lineman.