NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

Nebraska will continue its long tradition of playing on the Friday after Thanksgiving when it moves into the Big Ten Conference in 2011. Nebraska and Iowa announced on Monday they will meet on the day after Thanksgiving in both 2011 and 2012.

Huskers.com - NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

Perfect.

Agreed. Extremely smart move to maintain exposure to the conference. Prop up the new guy, while keeping "The Game" prominent.

Wasn't Iowa our Thanksgiving game like a hundred years ago, or something like that?

"The post-Thanksgiving holiday meeting will have a historical tie for Nebraska and Iowa. The schools met eight consecutive years on Thanksgiving Day between 1891 and 1898. All of those games were played in either Omaha or Council Bluffs."

I love these games. Too bad it won't be CU anymore. A lot of passion about that game, a lot of memories. But at least we'll still have a game.

I think there will be plenty of passion for those that work in Omaha! Let Farmaggedon begin.

I think I speak for all of us when I say...

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!

:w00t

I love these games. Too bad it won't be CU anymore. A lot of passion about that game, a lot of memories. But at least we'll still have a game.

Very glad we had the chance to continue the Friday game! GBR! It'd be cool if CU gets the same opportunity in the P12, too.

I am going to miss the games with Colorado a lot, too.. For as much as I didn't care about them while we were in the B12, throughout this year, they've earned a lot of respect from me. I hope we're able to schedule an annual game with them down the road, or play them in the Rose Bowl annually. :)

Very glad we had the chance to continue the Friday game! GBR! It'd be cool if CU gets the same opportunity in the P12, too.

I am going to miss the games with Colorado a lot, too.. For as much as I didn't care about them while we were in the B12, throughout this year, they've earned a lot of respect from me. I hope we're able to schedule a annual game with them down the road, or play them in the Rose Bowl annually.

I think this Iowa rivalry has the potential to make the Colorado rivalry look insignificant. Just feel bad for sCUm fans who are going to have to find another teams fans to spit at. :sarcasm