How in the world is Michigan the same rating as us defensively, not to mention better overall...come on EA, do some research

That's actually a pretty good question. Usually I give them the benefit of the doubt, but Michigan was one of the worst defensive teams in the Big 10 last year and maybe even the country. Furthermore there's no way they're the same rating as Nebraska.

That said I'm almost positive that overall team ratings are based on the players and their point values. Considering that everything is quantified, it probably took the point averages the game devs used and then created an overall rating. But even then you'd have to wonder how their point averages were equal to Nebraska, one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Must be a Michigan fan doing the rankings. chuckleshuffle

After looking at that, I'm sad to say that Madden has gotten back into top form, blowing NCAA out of the water this year.

yeah but there is no madden in game footage yet, I'll hold my judgement until then however it looks like ncaa 12 is just a more polished 11

After looking at that, I'm sad to say that Madden has gotten back into top form, blowing NCAA out of the water this year.

yeah but there is no madden in game footage yet, I'll hold my judgement until then however it looks like ncaa 12 is just a more polished 11

There is in game footage of Madden all over the place after E3. Here are a few examples:

Doesn't look any better than NCAA 12

You're nuts. If you're talking graphically, that is. If you're talking about gameplay + features, you could make an argument for either, but Madden's entirely redone Franchise and Superstar modes vs. NCAA's dynasty and road to glory that are still running off a several year old core engine get my nod, and I'm sad to say it, I don't even really like NFL football.

Back to graphics, NCAA sure does look nice, but usually the good stuff is only seen up close in replays and pictures. This year, the colors are weird...they all looked washed out or something, whereas Madden's new lighting system and presentation has resulted in some scary real-looking visuals.

NCAA-Football-12-2.jpg

madden-nfl-12-20110601035147117.jpg

The differences in graphics are subtle to me. From the gameplay features I've seen, stadiums and other field features look slightly more refined in Madden, while they seem to be about equal in player detail. I wouldn't take too much from those pictures, especially since one looks like a night game and the other is during day. If the game really successfully implemented hdr lighting, day and night pictures could be drastically different. But this is all very technical and it is a game, after all.

Really these games come down to preference. I just don't get the same excitement out of Madden that I do NCAA. That said, Madden seems to usually be better when it comes to the technical aspects of the game like blocking and running offense.

• 2 weeks later...

I did, I've played a few games on Heisman and it's no longer completely cheep. The game feels much more smooth and looks better however I didn't even notice the 3d grass, if anything it looks worse than before. I'm afraid running will be overpowered in this game, I thrashed alabama on the ground with fsu and I couldn't stop them at all. Pass protection is better in the short to medium field range however I completed a lot of deep balls, hopefully they will fix that by the time the real game comes out