If you had a time machine...

Ignoring a lot of stuff from years past. Those are dead and buried. This one, not yet. There are quite a few from this year you could make arguments about, but the Texas one stands out.

Last year's Texas game is going to be dead and buried within a year. That 84 Orange Bowl will always burn for many of us who lived it. Plus if there's a chance it cuts the head off the Miami monster, that change lives on forever.

As much as I'd like to go back in time and redo the 2009 Big 12CCG, it wouldn't do any good. The Texass refs would just keep putting time back onto the clock until they got the desired result.

This. There's a special place in hell for what Walt Anderson, Dan Beebe, and the Big XII did to those kids.

Nebraska won that game, fair and square.

Ignoring a lot of stuff from years past. Those are dead and buried. This one, not yet. There are quite a few from this year you could make arguments about, but the Texas one stands out.

Last year's Texas game is going to be dead and buried within a year. That 84 Orange Bowl will always burn for many of us who lived it. Plus if there's a chance it cuts the head off the Miami monster, that change lives on forever.

:yeah Gotta add another vote for '84 O.B. (so daaaaaamn close to absolute perfection in a season)

1983 National championship against Miami. The only time in my life I cried after a Nebraska loss. I was heartbroken. Osborne going for the win. I can't remember anything more painful than watching Turner Gill's pass on the 2 pt conversion ricochet off of Jeff Smith's helmet.

Hands down, thats my choice. Only time I ever cried after a Husker loss.

Me too. I could not believe that we lost that game.

As much as the 94 OB hurt to lose and with my personal dislike for moral victories, I was proud of how the team almost won that game. We had been getting our butts whipped for years by the Miamis, FSUs, GA Techs, and Washingtons, and were 17 1/2 point dogs, but we were 1 second (a bad block in the back penalty/questionable FSU TD) and 45 yards from a win.

It showed what that team was capable of and set the tables for an amazing run.

1983 National championship against Miami. The only time in my life I cried after a Nebraska loss. I was heartbroken. Osborne going for the win. I can't remember anything more painful than watching Turner Gill's pass on the 2 pt conversion ricochet off of Jeff Smith's helmet.

Hands down, thats my choice. Only time I ever cried after a Husker loss.

The only game I cried after was the 2009 CCG. The way that defense played was unbelieveable, and to get a crappy ending like that just broke my little heart.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't want to pick a game that would change the course of history though, or cause any huge differences.

That Texas game, for many little reasons, would have been a big lift last year if it had gone the other way. I understand where the rest of you are coming from with the more meaningful game choices though.

easy. 98 orange bowl Nebraska vs Tennessee. I make it there as a 16 year old driving my first steal the car from mom trip and somehow interrupt a key play. We lose, and Tom changes his mind and stays. Butterfly effect tumbles forward, and we never experience the callahan era... but Bo still becomes head coach, the first time 'round.

First choice: '96 Big 12 Champ. vs Texas, for obvious reasons. This game absolutely set the tone for NU-UT in the Big 12

Second choice: '09 Big 12 Champ. vs Texas. I was at that game, it was absolutely devastating. It would have been a gigantic statement for Husker football.

Third choice: '10 Big 12 Champ. Again, big statement game, and the opportunity to leave the Big 12 by winning the championship.

Fourth choice: '83 Orange Bowl, beat Miami, get Tom his championship, yadayada. But I almost like the iconic loss.

Fifth choice: '01 Colorado. A piece of Husker football died that day, and I think we have yet to get it back.

Others that come to mind:

02? home vs. Texas

That loss at Texas in '99 which was our only loss (Texas theme is pretty evident)

'96 Arizona State

'93 Orange Bowl vs FSU

Some embarassing losses, such as

'09 ISU

the 70-10 TTU game

76-39 vs. KU

:yeah

2010 Big 12 title game, the play where Taylor throws the pick in the end zone. This time I run out onto the field and tackle him before he throws it. We settle for a field goal, and go into overtime and possbily win.

That interception was the game right there. Just throw the ball away, kick the field goal, we win the game no overtime needed. BIG BIG BIG momentum shift right there.

Well, I'm late to this party and all the *good* games are taken. So I'll pick the 1988 UCLA loss in Pasadena. Why, you ask? I read an article a while back about some Husker couple who got married there, at that game in 1988. They said their vows during halftime in the stands at the Rose Bowl. A Husker win would have made their special day just that much more special. That, and we were #2 at the time. A win against UCLA might have put us in a different bowl, resulting in another possible MNC. (Hey, it's possible.) As it turned out, we played Miami at the end of that season and lost.