Moving Gilleylen to RB a bad move

Moving Gilleylen to RB is a bad move IMO. 1 of the #1 reasons the 2010 season didnt turn out the way it couldve was lack of ball security. Gilleylen already has a reputation for having butterfingers as a WR (I dont like bashing 1 of our players, but its true). I would not trust him at all carrying the football

Who the hell are you? More importantly, what kind of fool even speculates along these lines? ARE YOU IN PRACTICE DAILY? Honestly, the people around here, and their anecdotal bellyaching.

Sorry bub, nobody with 1/256 a brain is taking your opinion over Bo and friends.

easy there big fella - if we all (and plenty on HB do) got in line and "100% trusted the coaches" then there wouldn't be much to discuss besides how "brilliant" of a move every decision Bo and friends made. that would get boring. fortunately, nobody with 1/256 of a brain believes Bo is perfect so we can enjoy questioning some of his decisions while supporting most. this is one many of us question for a multitude of reasons. i promise, none of us believe our opinion will make a difference so don't worry there.

Moving Gilleylen to RB is a bad move IMO. 1 of the #1 reasons the 2010 season didnt turn out the way it couldve was lack of ball security. Gilleylen already has a reputation for having butterfingers as a WR (I dont like bashing 1 of our players, but its true). I would not trust him at all carrying the football

Who the hell are you? More importantly, what kind of fool even speculates along these lines? ARE YOU IN PRACTICE DAILY? Honestly, the people around here, and their anecdotal bellyaching.

Sorry bub, nobody with 1/256 a brain is taking your opinion over Bo and friends.

YEAH!!!

:ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

:boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap :boxosoap

:madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash :madash

:snacks:

Who the hell are you? More importantly, what kind of fool even speculates along these lines? ARE YOU IN PRACTICE DAILY? Honestly, the people around here, and their anecdotal butt kissing.

Sorry bub, nobody with 1/256 a brain is taking your opinion over anybody else on the board.

Well, look at that - shoe on other foot.

Simmer down, grasshopper.

This is a message board where people voice opinions. If people didn't, how much content would we honestly have on this board? Not much.

If you're going to get this upset over one person's opinion, then you shouldn't bother posting here. I pose the same question - who are you to tell this guy his opinion isn't worth anything? If you disagree with a post then fine - disagree and explain why. Otherwise, posts like this contribute absolutely nothing and give people a bad impression of you.

Anyways, I question this move the same as you do, OP. I'm interested to see if much of anything will come from it.

I feel the same way about this as I did about Eric Martin, when he was switched to defensive end during the season last year. More or less, I'm interested to see if he'll be able to contribute at a position he hasn't been familiar with over the last couple of years.

You have not taken one factor into account. Coach Brown. Maybe this guy will learn the RB position and ROCK. This might be the most fun we have had watching the offense for one reason and one reason alone. We are going to find out what players can contribute that didn't under the Watson regime. He didn't use talent. He wasted it. Mark my words, there are going to be guys stepping up on the offensive side this season that had little or no part of our success the last couple campaigns.

curenski, like okafor, has splinters in his butt from riding the pine.....no change.

It seems to me the move is more for allowing Gilleylen to play the Runningback position on 3rd and long situations. Having another guy on the field in these situations who knows how to run routes and can catch the ball (hopefully) will add to our diversity. I don't think he will play much so it is not a big loss or gain either way.

It seems to me the move is more for allowing Gilleylen to play the Runningback position on 3rd and long situations. Having another guy on the field in these situations who knows how to run routes and can catch the ball (hopefully) will add to our diversity. I don't think he will play much so it is not a big loss or gain either way.

That makes sense to me. Hey, if the guy can actually catch the ball and gets one or two meaningful snaps a game everybody wins.

Curenski has had problems catching the ball, but he hasn't had fumble problems, at least not that I remember. Maybe he'll be a good running back. If he's not going to play at wide receiver, than a position switch can't hurt.

I don't think we've seen him catch enough balls to establish fumbler or nonfumbler status.

Should be interesting to see if CG sticks at rb or becomes another Mendoza.

2008 2 11 5.5

2009 17 302 17.8

2010 0 0.0 0 0

Curenski's receiving stats for past 3 seasons....scored 1 TD in past 3 seasons.

had some injury issues in 2010 and never saw the field that i know off or at least never touched the ball...running back seems like a stretch to me with all the new talent coming in.