DE Jonathan Bullard [Florida Commit]

Nexus

He may have said he will not be attending college in North Carolina, but he may likely than not be attending SOUTH Carolina. Like many have said he "appears" to be a strong Clemson lean, but I think the c$%ks are just as much of a player with this one.

Don't like the chances here with this one, but it once again shows the power of JP. He has given NU a chance on a kid that most every other year wouldn't give NU a sniff. With more wins and some time these will be battles that JP ends up winning.

And girlknowsfootball, every point you made is pretty much true for every team that is in the picture. The academics, may be NU's greatest strength with what he said, but honestly with a kid like Bullard it will NEVER come down to that. Better hope mom isn't busy on the 8th.

The Gamecock fans are very confident that he'll choose them. I really applaud JP on this one as well. But all I can say is that I hope that he finds something on his visit that makes NU stick in his head until the very end.

It will be called "hope mom maes the trip." That is the best case scenario that I can see with Bullard. Of course an ass kicking of team Fickle based on a stout defensive performance will not hurt the cause either.

True that about the performance! As far as mom is concerned, on official visits doesn't the institution generally pay for the way of the prospective student athlete and a parent? I'm honestly asking. I ask this because if she can pay their own way to go to UF, I know its a bit closer, then if their way is paid for I see her coming. Unless their is an unforseen circumstance.

I like our chances here with Bullard...People didn't think we would get Ankrah to leave the East coast and that happened. His eyes will be opened once he gets here and mom will fall in love with Bo and company and feel this will be the place for him.

I like our chances here with Bullard...People didn't think we would get Ankrah to leave the East coast and that happened. His eyes will be opened once he gets here and mom will fall in love with Bo and company and feel this will be the place for him.

We also liked our chances with Owa... Just saying...

We also liked our chances with Owa... Just saying...

Different situation. If it was up to Owa he would have been a Husker. I'm not getting the impression that anyone is making the decision for Bullard other than Bullard.

I think we have a solid shot at this kid, but it's tough to steal from the SEC

As do I. With Jonathan, at least he's visiting and the interest genuinely there. A lot prospects from the SE have a preconception about the Midwest which leads them to not even consider much less visit many MW schools. JMO

• 3 weeks later...

Likes Nebraska, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Clemson, and Tennessee. Will take OV's to some schools. Only one set up so far is Nebraska. Likes Miami and OSU but doesnt know if they will get visits because of the NCAA investigations.

To me it sounds like his top 5 are Nebraska, Clemson, South Carolina, Florida, and Alabama with UF and USCe being co-leaders.

Likes Nebraska, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Clemson, and Tennessee. Will take OV's to some schools. Only one set up so far is Nebraska. Likes Miami and OSU but doesnt know if they will get visits because of the NCAA investigations.

To me it sounds like his top 5 are Nebraska, Clemson, South Carolina, Florida, and Alabama with UF and USCe being co-leaders.

This is pretty much what I thought it was and am not surprised to see those two as leaders. I hear that his HS coach is pro South Carolina and his current teammate/friend, Ledbetter, is a UF commit who is in his ear a lot. I feel if he wasn't in the Lion's Den of the SEC we might be in the lead, IMO. The ray of hope I have for him is that he hasn't seen our Facilities and Gameday atmosphere yet. I really hope we blow Jon Jon (and his mom) away on his official, and that he makes his own decision.

I would think as a high school defensive lineman a University like Nebraska with the tradition and the continued pedigree of successful defensive lineman would be a perfect place to play! I'm almost surprised at times that some higher end recruits don't seriously consider coming. There are crazy rabid fans, some of the best facilities in the country! One of the best Defensive Coaching staffs in the country. At least we are getting some visits, but if you had to think of a school to play D-Line....I'm hard pressed to think that Nebraska isn't a top 5 location in the country!

well i would like to say i was completely wrong about the kid...... i thought he wouldnt even give us a look!!!

so as of right now im pretty hopeful about this.. the post above did a good job laying out our case!!!

i know a lot of people are picking SC to take him home but we still got the game day expirence which i think can rival anywhere plus if im correct he is coming during the OSU game which will be NUUTTSS

i dont think we are out of this at all!!

I would think as a high school defensive lineman a University like Nebraska with the tradition and the continued pedigree of successful defensive lineman would be a perfect place to play! I'm almost surprised at times that some higher end recruits don't seriously consider coming. There are crazy rabid fans, some of the best facilities in the country! One of the best Defensive Coaching staffs in the country. At least we are getting some visits, but if you had to think of a school to play D-Line....I'm hard pressed to think that Nebraska isn't a top 5 location in the country!

You'd think that would be the case, but there are so many factors that make it not so simple. One that sticks out to me, as I mentioned before, there's a preconception about the Midwest that many in the south, east coast and west coast to a lesser extent have that make the points that you provide relatively irrelevant. Provides a lot of negative recruiting as well, IMO. Maybe that's not the case with Jon Jon because I feel he has legit interest in the NU, but it happens a lot. I do know once we have more success on an elite level, in terms of championships, we will see more JBs have interest in us.