ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

I actually really like our chances again with this one. It is unfortunate we have already used our in-home visit with Bo. I really think that Bo and company could close the deal with this one.

I feel better about it now than I did two weeks ago. He asked Beck some pretty good questions and I think he felt good about the answers. Sounds like the biggest fear is that Moore comes in and stays at QB and creates a bit of a log jam where its hard to get reps and a chance to compete. I think we get Moore but I think he is planning on switching to DB and then WR if that doesn't suit him well.

I actually really like our chances again with this one. It is unfortunate we have already used our in-home visit with Bo. I really think that Bo and company could close the deal with this one.

I feel better about it now than I did two weeks ago. He asked Beck some pretty good questions and I think he felt good about the answers. Sounds like the biggest fear is that Moore comes in and stays at QB and creates a bit of a log jam where its hard to get reps and a chance to compete. I think we get Moore but I think he is planning on switching to DB and then WR if that doesn't suit him well.

I like our chances as well. Are we the only school actually offering him the chance to play QB instead of switching him to DB or something else.

I like our chances as well. Are we the only school actually offering him the chance to play QB instead of switching him to DB or something else.

Sounds like Rutgars is a fall back school for him. They said he could play where ever he wants but I don't think his dad is very sold on them.

Judging from his dads comments they seem pretty sceptical that Devin will actually get a shot to play QB at some of the other schools recruiting him. Arizona could b a thorn in our side cause they're making a late push and you know he'll get a shot to play QB in Rich Rod's offense.

Judging from his dads comments they seem pretty sceptical that Devin will actually get a shot to play QB at some of the other schools recruiting him. Arizona could b a thorn in our side cause they're making a late push and you know he'll get a shot to play QB in Rich Rod's offense.

i am very concerned about arizona. pat white and shoelace is a pretty good track record with dual threats.

i am very concerned about arizona. pat white and shoelace is a pretty good track record with dual threats.

Rich Rod has been successful with those QBs, but Arizona at best is going to be 3rd place in the South Division. Rich Rod has a lot of ground to make up.

Rich Rod has been successful with those QBs, but Arizona at best is going to be 3rd place in the South Division. Rich Rod has a lot of ground to make up.

We were 3rd in the Legends division this year. Just saying.

That is true but I think we're closer right now to a conference championship than U of A is. Rich Rod has a lot of work cut out for him.

That is true but I think we're closer right now to a conference championship than U of A is. Rich Rod has a lot of work cut out for him.

I understand both sides of the coin from a recruiting pitch standpoint, but Rich Rod can use Arizona's lack of historical football value to his advantage. If I'm Rich Rod, I'm telling Fuller and future dual-threat studs that they could be the blueprint that gets the program out of the cellar and competing for conference titles. I'm telling them Arizona has never played in the Rose Bowl and would harp on how they could be the 1st QB to bring that type of success to the program. Add to the fact that his resume for developing quality dual-threat QBs is indisputed. His spread attack will work in the Pac-12 (see Oregon). It's just a matter of finding the athletes to make it work. A Pac-12 championship game between two spread option wizards in Rich Rod and Chip Kelly might not be too far down the road.

I understand both sides of the coin from a recruiting pitch standpoint, but Rich Rod can use Arizona's lack of historical football value to his advantage. If I'm Rich Rod, I'm telling Fuller and future dual-threat studs that they could be the blueprint that gets the program out of the cellar and competing for conference titles. I'm telling them Arizona has never played in the Rose Bowl and would harp on how they could be the 1st QB to bring that type of success to the program. Add to the fact that his resume for developing quality dual-threat QBs is indisputed. His spread attack will work in the Pac-12 (see Oregon). It's just a matter of finding the athletes to make it work. A Pac-12 championship game between two spread option wizards in Rich Rod and Chip Kelly might not be too far down the road.

My guess will be that it takes RR at least 3 years to get going. Im sure they'll give him 5. If he has it working in say year two and has a good year 3 then he's gone. He won't be at Zona.

My guess will be that it takes RR at least 3 years to get going. Im sure they'll give him 5. If he has it working in say year two and has a good year 3 then he's gone. He won't be at Zona.

I agree that the Arizona job is not a destination job, it will always be a Basketball school first and foremost. He's using this job to re-establish himself. He shouldn't have left WVU for Michigan in my opinion, he was not a good fit culturally for Michigan as Callahan wasn't for NU. Also, it is going to take him a while to get all of his types of players to Tucson, hopefully excluding Devin.

I can't comment on Rich Rod's future aspirations. It's a bit of a moot point. However I will say this, if he learned anything from leaving a successful gig at WVU for Michigan, it's that the grass wasn't greener in Ann Arbor. His wallet may have gotten fatter, but his coaching legacy took a hit. If he can replicate the same kind of success at Arizona that he had at WVU, I'd guess the boosters and AD will reward him enough to keep him around for awhile. He can just remind himself of his WVU-to-Michigan fiasco for a reality check.