ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

An important point to bring up is if we really wish to have him as our quarterback for the next several years. Many Husker fans dislike Martinez and his inability to develop into a complete passer. He can run, but that doesn't seem to be the main priority in these fans' view.

Fuller is a different runner than Martinez but he still is, at the end of the day, a runner and not a thrower. If people don't want Martinez now, they'd more than likely not like Fuller for the future. Of course they don't see that now because of Devin's ranking but it is the truth.

A move to a more traditional quarterback, or at least one who has the adequate ability to throw the ball, seems like the most desirable movement, and that would involve Carnes or Armstrong, not Fuller.

Are Carnes' and Armstrong's passing skills really head and shoulders above Fuller's though? I don't see a huge difference.

An important point to bring up is if we really wish to have him as our quarterback for the next several years. Many Husker fans dislike Martinez and his inability to develop into a complete passer. He can run, but that doesn't seem to be the main priority in these fans' view.

Fuller is a different runner than Martinez but he still is, at the end of the day, a runner and not a thrower. If people don't want Martinez now, they'd more than likely not like Fuller for the future. Of course they don't see that now because of Devin's ranking but it is the truth.

A move to a more traditional quarterback, or at least one who has the adequate ability to throw the ball, seems like the most desirable movement, and that would involve Carnes or Armstrong, not Fuller.

Are Carnes' and Armstrong's passing skills really head and shoulders above Fuller's though? I don't see a huge difference.

I think as of right now, Fuller's passing ability is just a thread behind Armstrong's, though a case could be made that it is by more than a thread. What really seperates Carnes, and more specifically Armstrong, as throwers in comparison to Fuller is that their potential as a passing quarterback is far greater.

Fuller shows the ability to pass, but he is, and always will be, a run first quarterback, and while that may not seem like a bad thing given his athletic prowess, it severly limits his potential to become a whole quarterback. His highlight video doesn't show him making college level progressions and reads - if his targeted receiver is covered, he takes off running rather than scanning the field. Also a point that has not been mentioned much is that his body frame is delicate and I really doubt he and his style could take a full year's worth of punishment in the Big Ten without getting hurt.

Armstrong on the other hand, is a pass first quarterback. Unlike Fuller, all of the schools recruiting him are doing so as a Quarterback and not as an athlete (while this speaks volumes of Fuller's athletic prowess, it also speak volumes on the schools' lack of trust in his development as a quarterback). In his highlight video there is very little footage on his intermediate game, which is a little alarming, but he shows numerous times (whenever he's not chucking the ball 70 yards) that he is able to scan the defense and progress through his options.

In sum, Devin's mindset of running first limits his ability to truly mature and he will be stuck in the same mold as Martinez and Robinson. His absolute highest ceiling is a considerably less athletic Michael Vick. I don't think Husker fans are looking to have a sequal in the Martinez expirement.

Armstrong could very well flop as his intermediate game is a question mark, but he at least has the potential to become a whole quarterback.

Of course an argument could be made that Fuller is the better player, but let's try to look on the bright side in case we miss out on him, shall we?

Really unfortunate that it sounds like we lost out on this one..

Ill take Peat and VV though, but this was probably the best pure athlete we were in on this year. Money beat us out for the one we got last year, and RichRod's dumb ass did for this one. I hate RichRod, he is a tool and an aweful human being.

Really unfortunate that it sounds like we lost out on this one..

Ill take Peat and VV though, but this was probably the best pure athlete we were in on this year. Money beat us out for the one we got last year, and RichRod's dumb ass did for this one. I hate RichRod, he is a tool and an aweful human being.

So that's it???

So, two days ago when rutgers lost their coach he was a sure husker and arizona wasnt even really in the picture. Now, arizona anc rutgers are the teams and nebraska is out. What changed? Or are people just being negative to protect themselves in case he goes elsewhere? I just dont see how thd situation has shifted so drastically with no visits or any specific news.

People were overestimating the affects of their head coach splitting, much like this earlier tweet implied:

@NJ_RecruitWatch - Not surprised that Zona, Neb, etc., are excited, but rumor mill apparently way ahead of Devin Fuller's decision-making process.

It caused a dip in his interest, but not enough to move us ahead of them.

Ahh come on, don't be so negative. :sarcasm

I've been saying that Fuller has been doubtful all week long, and everyone dogged me. When I said 16 recruits tops, people told me I was a fool. Everyone told me we'd get 18+. Yet every day, the list gets smaller and smaller. People keep telling me that maybe the coaches know something we don't know. What I DO know is that we're currently at 14, and there are only 4 recruits left on the board (unless you still want to keep Fuller on there.) I think there was a big mistake by telling Curry we didn't have room. Should have pushed harder for Goodman. Then again, maybe I'll be proven wrong. I sure hope so.

Ahh come on, don't be so negative. :sarcasm

I realize there's a sarcasm emoticon there, but people should not be so upset over the (more than likely) loss of Fuller. If anything, I feel like we dodged a bullet. Athletes at quarterback usually translates to no championships.

I just put the sarcasm emoticon there because all week long when I said I doubted Fuller would be N, people called me out and told me I was being a Negative Nancy and how we had a great shot, etc. and how the coaches apparently knew something we didn't know. When the Rutgers coach left, I said it was still doubtful, and got dogged even more. I don't think Fuller was ever on board with us to begin with. I have that same feeling about VV but I guess we'll see if I'm wrong.

I just put the sarcasm emoticon there because all week long when I said I doubted Fuller would be N, people called me out and told me I was being a Negative Nancy and how we had a great shot, etc. and how the coaches apparently knew something we didn't know. When the Rutgers coach left, I said it was still doubtful, and got dogged even more. I don't think Fuller was ever on board with us to begin with. I have that same feeling about VV but I guess we'll see if I'm wrong.

:facepalm: ... I expected this from you. I don't have an issue with your view before this view ... have not said that ... but as a follower of recruiting on Huskerboard ... yes, you are a "Negative Nancy". Maybe it's the way you communicate bro ... I don't know. It sounds like it means alot to you to be right ... verses actually getting DF ... so hey, a big "CONGRATS"!

Regarding VV, you see, I don't know 100% if we will get him ... but for you ... lets just see if "I'm wrong". Ya see, it's like you are trying to be "right" ... for me ... I'm just being a fan and "wanting" him :bigredn:. I'm not on hear debating who we will get or not ... I'm expressing who I hope we get and the info I've read from various news sources. So, maybe that's why some of your comments rub me wrong.

I'm not mad at you ... hope you are not mad at me ... I was just sharing how you have come off to me and how you are coming off now ... maybe it will help you understand why people have responded the way they have.

As for me, I'm sure I give off an impression as well ... but as a fan ... I'm gonna keep drinking my red kool-aid and hoping. In fact, I'm still hopeful that DF signs ... even after everything I've read.