classic example of why is dislike most iowans.

What cracks me up is almost every time there is an away or bowl game, the announcers mention that we "travel well". This is not because we're some second tier program. We've only got 300 more wins all time than Iowa. As far as "cachet", we've got it, and this Hlas guy wouldn't know it, if it came up and nipped him in the jumblies....

Wasnt he talking about tipping the national meter? Not really sure didnt read it all. Anywho, I dont agree with some of his teams, but come on if you limited it to 5 teams, Nebraska could be one of them. What I really dont understand is why you all are getting your undies in a wad over what this d-bag has to say.

The big 10 didnt bring Nebraska in to be a doormat team, to boost everyone elses win record, they brought them in to compete, sooner or later at a national level. The upper big ten teams push each other really hard to be better, knowing this and assuming the coaching situation is right now, give Bo a few years to do some different style of drafting and planing and you all should be atleast smelling the roses in the middle of winter. I know you all are wanting to bring home a NC again, but first you are going to have to keep showing up in better bowls and winning them. As a Hawk fan I am very proud of our bowl record, as a big 10 fan I am very disappointed.

Btw the drafting thing is not a jab, I just think you will see it changing a bit over the next few years.

Signed, the hawk fan, you dislike

Wasnt he talking about tipping the national meter? Not really sure didnt read it all. Anywho, I dont agree with some of his teams, but come on if you limited it to 5 teams, Nebraska could be one of them. What I really dont understand is why you all are getting your undies in a wad over what this d-bag has to say.

The big 10 didnt bring Nebraska in to be a doormat team, to boost everyone elses win record, they brought them in to compete, sooner or later at a national level. The upper big ten teams push each other really hard to be better, knowing this and assuming the coaching situation is right now, give Bo a few years to do some different style of drafting and planing and you all should be atleast smelling the roses in the middle of winter. I know you all are wanting to bring home a NC again, but first you are going to have to keep showing up in better bowls and winning them. As a Hawk fan I am very proud of our bowl record, as a big 10 fan I am very disappointed.

Btw the drafting thing is not a jab, I just think you will see it changing a bit over the next few years.

i said "most iowans" not hawk fans, ISU fans are far worse than hawkeye fans in my opinion anyway. i used that thread title simply because most iowans believe that their sh*t dont stink! you wouldnt notice it quite so much if you are from there but as an outsider that lived there for 5 years i assure you that is the case.

back on subjet: i do think you will be surprised at just how well our defense holds up as well as our offense. BIG players are not necessarily that much larger than ours or what we saw in the big 12, i believe someone did a rundown and BIG linebackers for instance were only 1.3 pounds heavier on average than big 12 linebackers so i think we will be ok.

i said "most iowans" not hawk fans, ISU fans are far worse than hawkeye fans in my opinion anyway. i used that thread title simply because most iowans believe that their sh*t dont stink! you wouldnt notice it quite so much if you are from there but as an outsider that lived there for 5 years i assure you that is the case.

back on subjet: i do think you will be surprised at just how well our defense holds up as well as our offense. BIG players are not necessarily that much larger than ours or what we saw in the big 12, i believe someone did a rundown and BIG linebackers for instance were only 1.3 pounds heavier on average than big 12 linebackers so i think we will be ok.

The concept that the Big 10 is a lot bigger than the Big 12 is a farce, as you pointed out. There are minor differences but nothing drastic. People tend to equate "size" to the Big 10 because of how mundane their offenses look. Because they run the football a lot between the tackles, people just put these pre-conceived notions onto them that size means running the football out of the i-formation. It doesn't really work like that.

The concept that the Big 10 is a lot bigger than the Big 12 is a farce, as you pointed out. There are minor differences but nothing drastic. People tend to equate "size" to the Big 10 because of how mundane their offenses look. Because they run the football a lot between the tackles, people just put these pre-conceived notions onto them that size means running the football out of the i-formation. It doesn't really work like that.

exactly its not like our guys are going to go out there and look like high schoolers next to "t"osu. we have arguably one of the best S&C coaches in the country, i dont think our players are going to feel too uncomfortable giving up a pound a piece to the other team.

its kind of a silly notion when people think they are a large conference.

The funny thing about the "Big Ten is bigger/slower" notion is that's the same thing they said about Nebraska when we played Florida back in 1995. While the world wasn't looking, Nebraska went and got a lot faster. So did the Big Ten. This isn't a "three yards and a cloud of dust" conference anymore. We can compete with these guys, but like the Big XII, we're in for some battles against the top teams.

Everyone has some crappy fans, I was just ribbin ya. I have lived all over the country. Yes I grew up here, but since I was 18 I have spent time many places, including a 3 year stay over in Nebraska.

Worst place I ever lived Texas, best place Colorado or Utah. Then probly Nebraska, Iowa comes in dead last in a long list. I dont mind Nebraska or thier fans, I just dont understand why everyone flies flags of a fat farmer wearing Nebraska gear. :lol::lol: . Just messin with ya!!!!

Everyone has some crappy fans, I was just ribbin ya. I have lived all over the country. Yes I grew up here, but since I was 18 I have spent time many places, including a 3 year stay over in Nebraska.

Worst place I ever lived Texas, best place Colorado or Utah. Then probly Nebraska, Iowa comes in dead last in a long list. I dont mind Nebraska or thier fans, I just dont understand why everyone flies flags of a fat farmer wearing Nebraska gear. :lol::lol: . Just messin with ya!!!!

now i can agree with ya that texas is a horrible place to live! cant stand that accent!

exactly its not like our guys are going to go out there and look like high schoolers next to "t"osu. we have arguably one of the best S&C coaches in the country, i dont think our players are going to feel too uncomfortable giving up a pound a piece to the other team.

its kind of a silly notion when people think they are a large conference.

Correct. And as knapplc correctly pointed out size can be deceiving and doesn't mean much at times. Nebraska will be ready for the Big 10.

I'm guessing the majority of us on this thread could be considered a borderline "crappy" fan. Sometimes intense fandom leads to being a little closer to the crappy side.

But of course we aren't as crappy as those Iowa fans. :facepalm:

What did he write that was wrong?

Boise State and Oregon are top ten all time programs

Nebraska being mentioned on a national talk-radio show...he puts this in a bad light, but when are athletic programs national talk radio show material? When they screw up (Auburn, Ohio State, Florida) If that's what it takes to make his Top Ten All-Time programs, then that is one top ten I don't want to be a part of.

Nebraska doesn't resonate with the American football fans as much as Alabama and Ohio State as well as Oklahoma (umm...how many people do you think still talk about the Game of the Century? And I'm sure he forgot when Nebraska filled up half of Notre Dame's stadium...)

--He then goes along to say that Nebraska will catch the attention of the nation when it plays Ohio State and Wisconsin and @ Penn St and Michigan...way to go back on your argument...and of course, don't forget about Iowa!

If Nebraska wins the Legends division, he'll rescind the essay, sure you will.